Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:53:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Last CaB post that made you GUFFAW out loud: The Thread

Started by Nowhere Man, March 19, 2018, 04:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

I realised later that if I really wanted a USP I'd put "degloved and uncut". Picture it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteBy the way, if you eat cake from a fucking bin you should be tested

for Mental

Definitely 'one i wished i thought of first'

Kelvin there with the funny line

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Not the content, but the locking of the " The What Are You Listening Thread Closure " thread 😂

DoesNotFollow

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on April 15, 2019, 11:38:38 AM
Quote from: thenoise on April 15, 2019, 09:23:56 AM
There is a suggestion that the Moors are the origin of Morris (=Moorish?) dancing, hence why many Morris dancers used to blacken their faces with cork.
They also used to mix chopped nuts & honey in with their cornflakes which is why people say Crunchy Nut Cornflakes are so Moorish.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on April 17, 2019, 02:12:43 PM
Think the boy Barry has been getting a bit overzealous with some of the locking lately, to be honest. Very recently, I had one of my relatively harmless posts increasingly frequent creepy incel posts where I openly fantasise about committing acts of violence towards women completely removed, and I thought it was a bit much.
(All the other times I've had posts removed or threads locked have been fair enough )

🤣🤣🤣

alan nagsworth

I'm listening to The Damned's Phantasmagoria right now, hbu? hehe great album

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Barry Admin on April 17, 2019, 09:40:45 PM
🤣🤣🤣

I called the former " Play Away " presenter Toni Arthur a cunt, on a H S Art thread, with no attendant acts of violence implied whatsoever. You may want to dismount from your steed, it must be playing havoc with your vertigo.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: alan nagsworth on April 17, 2019, 09:43:07 PM
I'm listening to The Damned's Phantasmagoria right now, hbu? hehe great album

Why not write a 9 paragraph over-enthusiastic essay on it?

Barry Admin

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on April 17, 2019, 10:04:07 PM
I called the former " Play Away " presenter Toni Arthur a cunt, on a H S Art thread, with no attendant acts of violence implied whatsoever. You may want to dismount from your steed, it must be playing havoc with your vertigo.

QuoteI'd strangle her with my own bare hands

Barry Admin

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 17, 2019, 10:06:18 PM

Why not start a thread about the band, or the album? For fucks sake.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Barry Admin on April 17, 2019, 10:06:21 PM

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that bit. Should have stuck with my original choice of Johnny Ball, I suppose. Ah, well.

chveik

Quote from: Barry Admin on April 17, 2019, 10:07:15 PM
Why not start a thread about the band, or the album? For fucks sake.

because people rarely bother to respond to them.

Barry Admin

non capisco

From the 'derisory attempts at cunning' thread

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on April 16, 2019, 10:32:18 PM
Not witnessed by myself but my manager at work told me how she was making her 4 year old son stay in his bedroom as some kind of punishment. He kept trying to come out so she sat outside his room. He soon emerged wearing his Bob the Builder helmet and sunglasses and tried to just stroll past her.

Twed

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 17, 2019, 10:06:18 PM

Nine paragraphs about The Damned written by someone on here would be good, I'd like to read that. I don't really get why that's supposed to sound like a bad thing.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: alan nagsworth on April 17, 2019, 11:05:00 PM
Nine paragraphs about The Damned written by someone on here would be good, I'd like to read that. I don't really get why that's supposed to sound like a bad thing.

I reckon discussion is fine for artists people are familiar with but brevity is important for getting people in to new stuff; if I went round a mates and they started going on at length about an artist I'd not heard of I'd tell them to play the record or just nod until they stopped talking.

non capisco

I would happily read nine paragraphs about The Damned. I'd happily read nine paragraphs about fucking Jive Bunny and The Mastermixers if it was by someone who could string a decent sentence together and was somehow attempting to make a case for them.

Gregory Torso

Quote from: non capisco on April 17, 2019, 11:43:58 PM
I'd happily read nine paragraphs about fucking Jive Bunny and The Mastermixers if it was by someone who could string a decent sentence together and was somehow attempting to make a case for them.

You've just given me a great idea...

non capisco

YOU would and all, Mr. Birdie Song.

(please do it)

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 17, 2019, 11:33:45 PM
I reckon discussion is fine for artists people are familiar with but brevity is important for getting people in to new stuff; if I went round a mates and they started going on at length about an artist I'd not heard of I'd tell them to play the record or just nod until they stopped talking.

You can skim a post, though, or just click the song links at will. It's not the same as being talked at IRL. Writing is cathartic as heck for me, and I'm fairly sure some people might read what I write, or at the very least they get the gist and appreciate the enthusiasm behind it.

BlodwynPig

A jive bunny and similar exercises in anti-anti-anti-pop or über-kitsch thread would be a good read

Jockice

Quote from: non capisco on April 17, 2019, 11:43:58 PM
I would happily read nine paragraphs about The Damned. I'd happily read nine paragraphs about fucking Jive Bunny and The Mastermixers if it was by someone who could string a decent sentence together and was somehow attempting to make a case for them.

Fucking Jive Bunny And The Mastermixers sued me  The twats. Repeat for nine paragraphs.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Kryton on April 15, 2019, 12:58:48 PM
Bored of the dick jokes and dwarf jokes. Did we really need 20 minutes of dicking about on dragons just to have sex near a waterfall? Some incredibly shitty dialogue.

Really made me chuckle but I also feel like I've caught up with everything I need to know about DragonTits game of thrones

Replies From View

I might be a dunce but I assumed alan nagsworth was referencing that scene in the first place.

Barry Admin

Kelvin

Quote from: Barry Admin on April 19, 2019, 11:18:42 AM
Is it... Blade Runner or something? I've no idea.

It is. At the very end of the film, as that character dies, he delivers a speech about all the beautiful things he's seen in his short life and how all of it will now be lost, "like tears in the rain". It's delivered in a very similar style to the post that picture followed.