Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:48:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Last CaB post that made you GUFFAW out loud: The Thread

Started by Nowhere Man, March 19, 2018, 04:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

Maybe it was a metaphor for something, for example. You could talk about metaphors in your interview. Long, complicated, anus metaphors.

pancreas

I hope you don't mind indulging me, the, but it occurred to me that Anus Cop might, might, just have had its genesis in the works of Shakespeare. In particular, I wondered if the central character of Bottom in A Midsummer Night's Dream might have shared some tragi-comic features in common with Anus Cop, and whether you'd like to comment on such speculation?

Space ghost

Quote from: Kelvin on May 22, 2019, 01:17:10 AM
Not enough people praised in this thread tell their fans to get fucked. It's refreshingly modest.

From the 'The Last CaB post that made you GUFFAW out loud' thread

the

Here's how it works pancreas: I made something to amuse myself. And that's it.

Then you fail to accept that I thought most of the rest of it was shit and make yourself look like a twat.

Ferris

You can't fight in here - this is the GUFFAW room!

Bennett Brauer

Considered posting this David Janssen classic in the Anus Cop thread ages ago with the first R altered to I but quite rightly lost confidence in it.

Kelvin

Quote from: Space ghost on May 22, 2019, 01:36:16 AM

From the 'The Last CaB post that made you GUFFAW out loud' thread

Fuck off with this patronising bullshit.

(am i doing it right?)

the

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on May 22, 2019, 01:42:52 AMConsidered posting this David Janssen classic in the Anus Cop thread ages ago with the first R altered to I but quite rightly lost confidence in it.

*chortle* :)

pancreas

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 22, 2019, 01:38:06 AM
You can't fight in here - this is the GUFFAW room!

In case you hadn't noticed, this is the Somme, not some sort of car boot sale for jars of conserve de snowflake.

Gregory Torso

Quote from: the on May 22, 2019, 01:36:41 AM
Here's how it works pancreas: I made something to amuse myself. And that's it.

Then you fail to accept that I thought most of the rest of it was shit and make yourself look like a twat.

Clearly you think the word "anus" is funny, so don't think you're any better than the rest of us, pal.

Maybe he meant the Latin word 'anus' which means 'old woman'.

Old Woman Cop is an inherently funny idea because why would she be a cop?!

Twed

Sebastian Cobb

Lol fuck me, even shows that don't exist can get ruined by overanalysis on here.

the

Quote from: Gregory Torso on May 22, 2019, 06:40:26 AMClearly you think the word "anus" is funny, so don't think you're any better than the rest of us, pal.

The word 'anus' is patently funny, you'd be an idiot to argue otherwise.

madhair60

sponk

Quote from: the on May 22, 2019, 11:00:12 AM
The word 'anus' is patently funny, you'd be an ignoranus  to argue otherwise.

pancreas

Quote from: the on May 22, 2019, 11:00:12 AM
The word 'anus' is patently funny, you'd be an idiot to argue otherwise.

Oh I see. It's just what comes out of it that you take exception to. i.e. poo poo, aka shit, aka difficult chocolate, aka brown fanny batter, aka smelly love-clay, aka Ottolenghi's burnt tahini paste with black garlic.

I guess that using just the aesthetics of the word 'anus' on its own is quite high concept, when you think about it.

the

Psst pancreas, if you put out the idea that I'm trying to be high-minded then it'll make me look like a cunt, and it won't backfire and make you look petulant at all.

pancreas

No, no, the, you've got it all wrong. I'm here to learn.

Anus √ funny
Mahogany bottom-cement x not funny

Have I got it right?

PlanktonSideburns

Dont know what your both worrying about, this convo makes you both look GREAT

Buelligan

That it does.

Have to say, I'm immune from the laughter inducing qualities of excreta and other bodily secretions.  I'm completely happy for others to revel in the stuff but it holds no appeal whatsoever in the hilarity stakes for me.  #outandproudwellnotashamedanyway

Anus Cop, the concept, however, totally different kettle.

the

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on May 22, 2019, 11:52:29 AMDont know what your both worrying about, this convo makes you both look GREAT

And if only pancreas could've accomodated an opinion without turning into Rick from The Young Ones, we'd have all been spared it. I could've been making a GIF of the intro to Terry & Terry & Terry & June instead.

sponk

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on May 22, 2019, 11:52:29 AM
Dont know what your both worrying about, this convo makes you both look GREAT

You really wrecked 'em with this post

Space ghost

Beagle 2

Quote from: the on May 22, 2019, 01:13:56 AM
No, but you have made jokes about bum-bums because poo does it.

Beagle 2 knocked it out of the fucking park with the Anus Cop annual 1977:

Stunning.

You say that, but I didn't even call it the Anus Cop Analual.

pancreas

Quote from: the on May 22, 2019, 11:59:44 AM
And if only pancreas could've accomodated an opinion without turning into Rick from The Young Ones, we'd have all been spared it. I could've been making a GIF of the intro to Terry & Terry & Terry & June instead.

If you do that, I'll shut up for at least an hour.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: sponk on May 22, 2019, 12:01:02 PM
You really wrecked 'em with this post

I KNOW right? Thanks mate. Will keep an eye out to see if you're killing it in any other threads and return the compliment!
Antony