Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:57:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Last CaB post that made you GUFFAW out loud: The Thread

Started by Nowhere Man, March 19, 2018, 04:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

I don't really get the humour in that post by "imitationleather" but if two posters I deeply respect thought it was funny enough to be quoted in this thread then I guess it must be pretty damn hilarious stuff!

Alberon

Ferris

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 23, 2019, 10:19:13 PM
Does it make a difference if you've posted in them? I thought appears on any threads with new posts in regardless. I've just accidentally managed to mark every single thread in GB as read thanks to playing with that button and the fact that I am a dumbass.

The "new" thing pops up for all new threads if you are mad enough to browse all of them. I usually just look at threads I've posted in via "new replies to my posts" underneath the "show all new posts" (and I read everything new in HS Art cos it's brill).

If you post one throwaway gag in one of the shitty Brexit threads, you get a "new" notification every time you check "new replies to my posts" for every post in that thread as a "reply". Hitting "mark as read" without bothering is one of life's little pleasures.

Apologies, I'll stop clogging this thread up now.

imitationleather

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 23, 2019, 10:54:25 PM
The "new" thing pops up for all new threads if you are mad enough to browse all of them. I usually just look at threads I've posted in via "new replies to my posts" underneath the "show all new posts" (and I read everything new in HS Art cos it's brill).

If you post one throwaway gag in one of the shitty Brexit threads, you get a "new" notification every time you check "new replies to my posts" for every post in that thread as a "reply". Hitting "mark as read" without bothering is one of life's little pleasures.

kittens

if you only look in threads you have already posted in how do you begin looking in threads

chveik

The "new" thing pops up for all new threads if you are unemployed enough to browse all of them.

Ferris

Quote from: kittens on May 23, 2019, 10:58:58 PM
if you only look in threads you have already posted in how do you begin looking in threads

Ok you got me - I read every post, 24 hours a day. I crave sleep, but the darkness of the night only brings forth monsters more CaB shite for me to read.

Replies From View

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on May 23, 2019, 10:24:41 PM
I don't understand what's funny about this post at all. Perhaps I'd understand it in context. Which thread did you find it in?

This post had me shitting down the aisles of Menzies.

Danger Man

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 23, 2019, 11:01:42 PM
Ok you got me - I read every post, 24 hours a day.

You poor bastard. I only remember about 75% of my posts but you must have read all my post 11pm drivel.

touchingcloth

"new replies to my posts" underneath the "show all new posts"

Well holy fuck, I've never used either of those things. The new replies to my posts one is shitted now that I've marked everything in GB as read, though, just random smatterings from the other boards.

Ferris

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 23, 2019, 11:23:35 PM
Well holy fuck, I've never used either of those things. The new replies to my posts one is shitted now that I've marked everything in GB as read, though, just random smatterings from the other boards.

It took me a few months to figure it out - I thought you might not have twigged (I didn't) which is why I put the location in there. I looked for the design flaw and where a user might go wrong, snuck in a description of how to use it, but let you think I wasn't doing that (and also without making you feel silly for not getting it). It's almost as if I do it for a living!

I'm such a swell guy.

Blue Jam

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 22, 2019, 04:37:50 PM

I had been about to post this. The Royal Family Bullshit Watch thread just wasn't the same without you...

touchingcloth

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 23, 2019, 11:24:46 PM
It took me a few months to figure it out - I thought you might not have twigged (I didn't) which is why I put the location in there. I looked for the design flaw and where a user might go wrong, snuck in a description of how to use it, but let you think I wasn't doing that (and also without making you feel silly for not getting it). It's almost as if I do it for a living!

I'm such a swell guy.

And it's almost like I spend my days at work getting information out of people with devil's advocate comments like "does it make a difference if...". So thanks, swell guy, played right into my hands.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 23, 2019, 11:26:54 PM
I had been about to post this. The Royal Family Bullshit Watch thread just wasn't the same without you...

Is there still one?!

(And please ignore my previous post. That isn't a way of me saying "I assume there is still one but it's been squirrelled away out of sight of GB, I just can't be bothered looking for it or directly asking where it is and looking like a lazy cunt, even if that seems counterproductive because it's surely taken as long to type this as it would to look")

Ferris

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 23, 2019, 11:28:24 PM
And it's almost like I spend my days at work getting information out of people with devil's advocate comments like "does it make a difference if...". So thanks, swell guy, played right into my hands.

rrr

touchingcloth

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 23, 2019, 11:34:03 PM
rrr

Now this one is interesting. The first I saw of it was in the recent meme thread and I've seen it crop up since, but I don't know if it was created in the meme thread or sprung up during my long absence. The kicker is that trying to search for anything on this site is fraught at best, but I have concluded it comes from a thread titled Real Recognise Real. But I wouldn't trust that, cos the OP only signed up...

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 23, 2019, 11:34:03 PM
rrr

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 23, 2019, 11:42:38 PM
Now this one is interesting. The first I saw of it was in the recent meme thread and I've seen it crop up since, but I don't know if it was created in the meme thread or sprung up during my long absence. The kicker is that trying to search for anything on this site is fraught at best, but I have concluded it comes from a thread titled Real Recognise Real. But I wouldn't trust that, cos the OP only signed up...

jenna appleseed

re 16 years too old marmite

Quote from: shiftwork2 on May 23, 2019, 11:31:05 PM
I'd go with it.  Worst case, it will taste of little.

Quote from: Replies From View on May 24, 2019, 12:54:06 PM
Unmistakable notes of alienatingly thick plastic spectacles with a pervading aftertaste of no talent whatsoever.

imitationleather

Quote from: The Boston Crab on May 24, 2019, 06:35:52 PM
This whole story has made me 'dig up' my copy of Play and it holds up as well as it ever did. There's an earthy, bluesy soul to the record that few picked up on at the time in an age where Basement Jaxx's Bingo Bango was as emotionally profound as dance music had ever been. In hindsight, Moby led the way for contemporary jazz and blues artistes such as Amy Winehouse, Adele, and ultimately, the bourbon baritone of James Arthur.

Twed

mothman

Quote from: Blumf on May 24, 2019, 09:38:18 AM

If Blumf is responsible for this image, then well done. But even if not he is to be commended fir bringing it to our attention.

Paul Calf

Quote from: kittens on May 24, 2019, 07:31:43 PM
i just realised i will most likely live to see may and cameron die. i wasnt alive for any of thatcher being in power but i still enjoyed her dying. imagine the elation when they go. knowing my luck i'll probably be long gone before them though

Quote from: FredNurke on May 24, 2019, 07:37:29 PM
Maybe, but why not maximise your chances?

* Paul Calf is tickled

kittens

Quote from: machotrouts on May 24, 2019, 10:32:43 PM
Speak for yourself! Every time I sit down to watch a nice skinny Stan Laurel film, up pops up this FAT fucking cunt and I'm like "oh here we fucking go". Stan can't just have a nice svelte time on his own without this FATASS ruining everything with his FAT ASS. More like Laurel and LARDY. More like "BABE" (the pig)

all time bangermaker machotrouts makes another banger

touchingcloth

jenna appleseed

Shoulders?-Stomach!

imitationleather

Bennett Brauer

Yes, it's great to laugh at someone for loving their country isn't it?

I hope your family is next to cry in a street.