Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:05:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Last CaB post that made you GUFFAW out loud: The Thread

Started by Nowhere Man, March 19, 2018, 04:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: pancreas on June 24, 2019, 09:01:00 PM
Yeah, I think you need to fuck off with this now. You don't seem to recognise you have a particular taste and AI generated bullshit is somewhere on that spectrum along with Torso and Pijlstaart. If I were them, I wouldn't be taking it as a compliment.

I only mentioned Torso and Pijlstaart to point out that there's a lot more to their writing than simply LOLRANDOMness.

a duncandisorderly

Replies From View

What enthusiasm/interest I had in the AI is fully exhausted for me, I think.  It has a very particular kind of pattern or rhythm and a specific style of mashing random stuff together that is now no longer surprising, like I have learned the script somehow. 

Buelligan

You're not to write that here Replies.  Have you gone quite mad?

Twed

Quote from: Replies From View on June 24, 2019, 09:17:14 PM
What enthusiasm/interest I had in the AI is fully exhausted for me, I think.  It has a very particular kind of pattern or rhythm and a specific style of mashing random stuff together that is now no longer surprising, like I have learned the script somehow.
I agree. I go through ups and downs with it. I think it's time to keep AI stuff contained in specific, focused threads now, it's becoming invasive.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Replies From View on June 24, 2019, 09:17:14 PM

Bar one or two threads, that's exactly how I've felt about HS Art for over a year.

Replies From View

kalowski

Quote from: imitationleather on June 24, 2019, 03:38:24 PM
I certainly preferred CaB before the robots moved in.
There's nothing wrong with bots in the future, and there's nothing wrong with having bots try and help their own species by stealing stuff too. But why stop there? Why not automate that?

And then there's bots who will use your account to sell other people's items, too. I know what you're thinking—no, you're thinking about the bots that will do everything by themselves—i.e., AI programs that will buy, sell, give you stuff, collect you money...or whatever word you want...but this may not actually be the case. They're much more common than we think—the vast majority of us own something on top of our computer. If people bought stuff from your computer just because they thought it was useful, that's not helpful at all. Instead, the most likely thing to happen is that we'll get used to some of these weird transactions we haven't even thought about yet, and we'll just stop thinking of buying stuff from computers at all.

So maybe the best approach here is not botrytizing, but creating other bots that will do a bunch of stuff that we can use for ourselves, instead of buying and selling stuff.

I know you don't think that's a bad thing, even though some are saying it isn't actually something we should do, at least now, that has even been made.

Twed

Right, I think we should call a moratorium on AI posts now. This thread is only for human things now.

Here is the thread for AI funnies (and arguing about whether AI funnies should be erased from history): https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=73882

If you disagree, fight me.

a duncandisorderly

NONE OF THIS IS MAKING ANYONE GUFFAW OUT LOUD. PLEASE FUCK OFF BACK TO THE AI THREAD.

You know how this is going to end, don't you?  200 years ago, the Luddites smashed up new-fangled mill machinery which they feared would make them redundant.  This is going to end with an HS Art posse descending on Transformer and smashing it to smithereens in the name of preserving good old-fashioned homespun whimsy.

a duncandisorderly

a duncandisorderly

Replies From View

Buelligan

Thirteen! 

Thirteen is a white supremacist number.  I reject it and everything it stands for.

Twelve now.

chveik

Replies From View

Ten more posts until freedom.

It's like wanking, this.

Twed

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on June 24, 2019, 09:34:46 PM
You know how this is going to end, don't you?  200 years ago, the Luddites smashed up new-fangled mill machinery which they feared would make them redundant.  This is going to end with an HS Art posse descending on Transformer and smashing it to smithereens in the name of preserving good old-fashioned homespun whimsy.
The luddites would have at least known to complain about the mill machinery in the mill machinery thread.

Stop talking about AI and HS Art here.

AI thread: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,73882.0.html
HS Art thread: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,73881.0.html

Twed

Stop talking about ooops here. Take it to the ooops thread.

a duncandisorderly

Twed

touchingcloth

Johnny Yesno