Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,491
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:46:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Last CaB post that made you GUFFAW out loud: The Thread

Started by Nowhere Man, March 19, 2018, 04:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 15, 2018, 05:19:01 PM
I stopped eating fruit a few years ago (except for the occasional raspberry) and I haven't looked back since. Best decision I've made in ages!

Everything about this is perfect.

Replies From View

Cerys

Quote from: monkfromhavana on May 16, 2018, 09:29:01 PM
I was browsing a second hand record shop in Tokyo one afternoon with a friend. Unbeknownst to me, my friend had amoved to another part of the shop and been replaced by a middle-aged salaryman who was stood next to me.

I then spotted this album in the racks ( https://www.discogs.com/U-Roy-Babylon-Kingdom-Must-Fall/master/415585), wheeled around towards the salaryman and hit him with a full cod-reggae dub prophet accented "Babylon Kingdom Mus' Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllll" into his face.

He looked very bemused, then scuttled off to go back to the office and have a kip, maybe ruminating on whether Babylon's days, and thus his job, were really numbered.

Beautiful.

Kelvin

Quote from: Cerys on May 17, 2018, 02:40:00 AM
QuoteI was browsing a second hand record shop in Tokyo one afternoon with a friend. Unbeknownst to me, my friend had amoved to another part of the shop and been replaced by a middle-aged salaryman who was stood next to me.

I then spotted this album in the racks ( https://www.discogs.com/U-Roy-Babylon-Kingdom-Must-Fall/master/415585), wheeled around towards the salaryman and hit him with a full cod-reggae dub prophet accented "Babylon Kingdom Mus' Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllll" into his face.

He looked very bemused, then scuttled off to go back to the office and have a kip, maybe ruminating on whether Babylon's days, and thus his job, were really numbered.

Beautiful.

One for the "Unusual moments with strangers" thread.

Or it would be if the shop attendant was a member of cab.

Edit: embarrassingly, this joke doesn't work as I now realise the post actually comes from that thread.

kittens

Quote from: Kelvin on May 17, 2018, 06:34:33 AM
Beautiful.

One for the "Unusual moments with strangers" thread.

Or it would be if the shop attendant was a member of cab.

Edit: embarrassingly, this joke doesn't work as I now realise the post actually comes from that thread.

one for the last cab post to make you guffaw thread

edit: oh jesus

samadriel

From the 'terminally single' thread,
Quote from: St_Eddie on May 10, 2018, 11:20:51 PM
Quote from: checkoutgirl on May 10, 2018, 11:12:17 PM
But you're a gayman. If anyone should know how attractive they are it's a gayman.

The smile! The context! Ah, that's a good one.

Dr Syntax Head

Beagle 2 in the old woman thread

QuoteShe just needs a new challenge, maybe do a bit of Parkour on the weekends, or start up a Minecraft YouTube channel.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on May 17, 2018, 12:46:27 PM
Carl takes his mum's 1995 1.2l Renault Clio around the Nurburgring with her urn in the passenger seat.

Paul Calf

Quote from: non capisco on May 17, 2018, 09:58:03 PM
Prince Charles starts having an absent minded memory wank about the time he chucked one up her out of The Three Degrees, somehow momentarily forgetting he is at his son's wedding. Everyone's trying not to notice him sitting on a church pew rhythmically admiring a choice fragment from his mind palace, the only palace he's ever felt at comfort in. At first it's just the slap slap slap of the wank itself and the television cameras can angle him out and Nicholas Witchell tries to gloss over it and goes "And there we can hear the adorable sound of little Prince George clapping with delight" but then Charles starts loudly crooning "When will one see you....agai-ai-ai-ain? Gorrrr, best bunk up of my bloody life, that was." and everyone knows they're going to have to tough this out until the inevitable crescendo. Not even the news can ignore it, the top headline on the BBC News website changes from "HARRY AND MEGHAN: THE BIG DAY LIVE" to "PRINCE CHARLES IS FUCKING HAVING A MASSIVE WANK".

What a punchline.

paruses

From the "Last Time Someone Swore At You" thread:

Quote from: Kane Jones on May 18, 2018, 10:16:15 AM
Why, only last night!

"Eat his cum out of my cunt, you small-dick, piece of shit cuck."

Lovely stuff.

paruses

Good day for me doing nothing and occasionally laughing while sat at my desk:

Quote from: madhair60 on May 15, 2018, 10:33:58 PM
get off your phone in the cinema you entire holocaust

Am adding this one to my repertoire of disdain ("Absolute Valve" is the other thing on the list. Sad and glad that's not in more common use).

Neville Chamberlain

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Ted-Maul on May 18, 2018, 12:59:38 PM
The other day my faithful hound Gizmo, whilst out on one of our usual neighbourhood jaunts, decided to engage a hulking great brute of a dog, consisting mostly of muscle and teeth, in a fight to the death. After running over and grabbing his harness, i was able to seperate the two thrashing maniacs and with the eventual help of the other dogs owner was able apologise and start to leave the scene.

Unfortunately, biting into my dogs leg and seeing him off wasnt enough for the Hound of the Baskervilles and he got loose from his owner and chased after us. I turned just in time to watch him running towards us and shit meself. Then it all went apeshit. I got it in the arm and hand before Giz clamped his jaws onto the other dogs face. I was doing everything to pull him off (oo-er) including trying to pull his jaws apart and getting the fingertips on my other hand chomped on. Neither dog would let go of their death-grip so it just went on and on. Blood Sweat Drool and Shouting. Two big dogs and two desperate owners rolling around the grass by the side of a major A-Road in the May sunshine.

After 5 minutes (?) a couple of locals appeared, one with a bucket of water to throw over us and one who was scared of dogs and wouldnt get too involved but kept insisting that "grabbing their bollocks" is the only way to stop them. So i did that.... i tried everything and eventually pulled mine off twice (oo-er again... now with ball action) but his dog was still clamped onto mines harness. Eventually all my weight ontop of my dog and another bucket of water directly to the face of the other seperated them and i could stand up and drag my dog away.

I was nearly blind with exhaustion - everything i could see was purple. Somehow we staggered home and I collapsed on the floor for ten minutes while the dog sat there looking all pleased with himself. Eventually my mind and body started returning to normal and i realised i'd lost my phone in the chaos!

I had a Moto G cos i'm not a big phone person and this could handle anything i wanted a phone for. The main thing is though i had a Virgin 7p Pay as you Go Sim card where very text and every minute cost only 7p. They've been trying to get me off this contract for a couple of years because £5 will last me a month or two (im not a big phone person!) so i was enjoying sticking it to them and staying on this tarriff.

So any recommendations for a similar SIM would be appreciated. Do they still do Moto-G's?

non capisco

Quote from: paruses on May 18, 2018, 10:55:56 AM
("Absolute Valve" is the other thing on the list. Sad and glad that's not in more common use).

That reminded me of 'A Confederacy Of Dunces'. "My valve is screaming for appeasement!" is one of the funniest sentences in any artform, possibly second only to "I am the Great Cornholio, you will co-operate with my bunghole!"

kittens

really laughed at this. i miss karma

Quote from: Replies From View on May 17, 2018, 10:37:51 PM
And now the props game.

"DURRHURR I DO IT AS A CHEESE GRATER."

kittens

hahah and this one from the HQ trivia thread

Quote from: C_Larence on May 19, 2018, 12:24:04 AM
I had a go at this today on your recommendation (enjoy the extra life!). Managed to make £0.02 on a question about what animal the canary islands are named after. When the majority of people put birds (rather than the correct answer dogs) the host apologised and said there must have been an error and that they would have to be given an extra life as compensation. Having played HQ for a while prior to this I found the difference in production values extremely noticeable. Cash Show is like the Boko Haram to HQ's Isis.

spamwangler

Quote from: kittens on May 18, 2018, 08:13:04 AM
yes, i remember reading war of the worlds as a boy and it had a bit about a priest running outside ejaculating. i assumed it was saying he'd been having a sneaky wank but was compelled to run outside to see the aliens or whatever and just came anyway.

Ferris

From the "pretend to be offended" thread, I was being nice to people just to see what would happen

Quote from: spamwangler on May 19, 2018, 10:16:06 PM
oh FUCK OFF bueller you thick TWAT

That had me cackling.

"Bullseye but Jim Bowen suspects all the contestants of being vampires."

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 20, 2018, 07:43:48 AM
"Look, I've even got one of your pans"

"would have just made things worse"

Not cab but this tweet expressing indignation at Oliver trying to ban 2 for 1 type deals on takeaway pizza cracked me up.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 20, 2018, 08:58:06 PM
A quarter of an hour is a long time when you need a shit.

I once woke up with a massive Saturday hangover to find my (Chinese) landlord had got a couple of lads in to retile the bathroom who seemingly spoke no English. One coffee and a tab later and I was bursting for a shit that I knew would be like a flock of sparrows leaving a bush. Not really wanting to interrupt the lads with a game of charades where the winning guess was 'get out, I need a shit' I ended up having to drive quite quickly to Sainsburys. Nearly crashed my car.

Genuine chuckle over here.

canadagoose

Quote from: Jockice on May 21, 2018, 09:38:29 AM
I used to have a book by him called Starlust, which was about fans' fantasies about pop stars. There was one about copping off with Bruce Foxton in the school toilets which started with the mulletted Jam man saying: "There's nothing like a fucking good wank, is there?" I'm afraid this comes into my mind every time the subject of him or the band comes up.

Now that's all I'll think of when someone mentions The Jam.

madhair60

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 21, 2018, 03:42:18 PM
Until the day where it becomes not only right but moral to express your honest sentiments that "no one gives a fuck about your birthed gargoyle, so congratufuckinglations on all that cum you troved but fuck verily to Off" there will be NO justice in the UK.

spamwangler

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 21, 2018, 10:24:47 AM
Sorry what the fuck is happening in the first clip. Why does no one react to anything? Why does no one do anything? (Press the brakes, get out of the car, scream when someone dies horribly) It's like a dream.

The second one is similarly stupid and about as tense as a Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'em episode. And if Death is intervening to kill him, why is the important thing that kills him the spaghetti he threw out the window himself?

Look I know it's just shite but all this really annoys me

the lack of spagetti context and the rising anger that does it

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: gilbertharding on May 21, 2018, 05:15:51 PM
I heard a story a while ago about someone bringing in the ultra-sound images of their baby to show their enthralled colleagues. Someone took it upon themselves to laminate the image - so they would be better preserved. Unfortunately they were printed on the heat-sensitive paper they used to use for fax machines, so what emerged from the laminator was a completely black piece of paper encapsulated for all time, between thin clear plastic sheets.

Johnny Yesno