Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:47:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Last CaB post that made you GUFFAW out loud: The Thread

Started by Nowhere Man, March 19, 2018, 04:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

popcorn

Quote from: New folder on November 09, 2019, 10:12:44 PM
I always thought that a forum is primarily driven by its community

I work in tech, for those sorts of companies with beanbags and bowls of cereal that are destroying society. The first such company I joined, someone asked me: "Where do you think the culture comes from in a company?" I said "the employees?" and he said "no, it's the people in charge".

I know that sounds like a trite tech company thing to say, but I think it's true - the people in charge decide whether there are beanbags and cereal or cubicles and timestamps, and the people in charge decide what sort of person gets hired and what sort of person gets fired. Oh and also they decide how to destroy society but that's unrelated.

pancreas

authority

vs

democracy

THIS IS NOT NEW.

We could unionise?

Probably we are mostly happy.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: popcorn on November 09, 2019, 09:53:43 PM
t's Barry's forum, he has his own opinions about what makes a forum good or bad - for him not to enforce those would make no sense at all.

it's not the rules, as such, that I was bothered about- I'm quite happy to navigate the thread headings & subsections, & ignore stuff I'm not interested in after I've had a quick look. I miss loads anyway because I only come on here when I'm at work & the office is relatively empty. but I do want the 'brief glimpses' thread back, even if it's locked.

I found the "my tastes, not yours" response a bit snippy. he doesn't care. you don't care. but that sort of "I'm in charge around here- what I say goes" thing always raises my hackles.

chastened? no. I don't give a fuck. life's too short. as for you, twed, fuck you & fuck your horse.

popcorn

In fact you will find that it is I who is in charge around here.

a duncandisorderly

NJ Uncut

Quote from: popcorn on November 10, 2019, 09:27:38 AM

Heh, suddenly your HS Art "I am the boss!" character makes sense with your above bleak quote from the authority creating the culture

It's a satire!

Anywho, HS Art gets me chuckling on the reg

touchingcloth

BlodwynPig

Quote from: popcorn on November 10, 2019, 09:27:38 AM

Give it a rest nothing boy

State if the boards thread, the third Yike

PlanktonSideburns

a bunch of self appointed, non paying CEOS throwing pens at the bus driver

How about a Cookd and Bombd swimming gala to determine whether list threads are allowed from hereon or not? We all meet at Runcorn leisure centre next weekend, and two teams are divided: those for list threads and those against. Then over a gruelling two days of various swimming competitions we battle it out with the winner getting their way

Just pm'd admin about this and they're all for it, will update with more info shortly

pancreas

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on November 10, 2019, 10:49:34 AM
a bunch of self appointed, non paying CEOS throwing pens at the bus driver

But he is intentionally driving into potholes!

Thursday

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on November 09, 2019, 10:22:25 PM
CaB has one of the most hands-off approach to admin going. It was only last week that people were having a go at Barry (again) for not banning certain people sooner. He's damned if he does and damned if he don't.

Well on this one I dunno, I feel like there's people who clearly make the forum a worse place for months/years, but technically they aren't breaking rules, they're just annoying cunts, but eh it's fine, I'm at peace with this.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Thursday on November 10, 2019, 12:41:23 PM
Well on this one I dunno, I feel like there's people who clearly make the forum a worse place for months/years, but technically they aren't breaking rules, they're just annoying cunts, but eh it's fine, I'm at peace with this.

Aye. Unless anyone wants to mount a coup, people can vote with their feet or use the banning plugin if they really can't ignore stuff.

BlodwynPig

a duncandisorderly

touchingcloth

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on November 10, 2019, 01:02:56 PM
you could just avoid this thread for a week or so.

Aye, and you could fuck off and live in a BIN. I wish you would.

a duncandisorderly

BlodwynPig

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

None of the last couple of pages have made me laugh at all.

Close thread.

Zetetic

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on November 10, 2019, 02:24:24 PM
wake me up when this has blown over.
Did you know that Wake me up when September ends by Californian rockers Green Day is about the annual influx of new users to Usenet, the CaB of the late '80s, and their lack of etiquette?

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread.

Johnny Yesno

On second thoughts, pouring oil on troubled fire is not what is needed.

Buelligan

You're all lovely*, please don't row. 

*"all" for the purposes of this contract, shall be considered to mean "nearly all".

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: Buelligan on November 10, 2019, 03:23:26 PM
*"all" for the purposes of this contract, shall be considered to mean "nearly all".

Oh, and why's thahur38utewifssjkwakuwjsa0938iriqyutrweiwiwwreuyrquur3uyr

BlodwynPig

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on November 10, 2019, 02:24:24 PM
wake me up when this has blown over.

Its a cracking performance! Sorry to hear its coma inducing for you.

*never joke with your idols*

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 10, 2019, 04:56:53 PM
Its a cracking performance! Sorry to hear its coma inducing for you.

*never joke with your idols*

hah- no, just that I've seen it a million times. it was also weird turning up at my workplace as an act instead of as an engineer. got some funny looks.

BlodwynPig

I can't get my head round you appearing on MTV, but i guess they did showcase plenty of below the surface artists back in the day