Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:12:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Last CaB post that made you GUFFAW out loud: The Thread

Started by Nowhere Man, March 19, 2018, 04:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buttgammon

Quote from: falafel on June 21, 2018, 11:07:02 PM
Oh God, that's the one. Was that 2008? It must have been, I remember listening to it in my old flat.

I'd guess 2008 too - the golden age of CaB radio for sure!

paruses

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on October 06, 2017, 02:05:13 PM
I'd love to see a scene where someone presses 'enhance' on an image in a movie and this appears:

From the unwelcome movie clichés thread that I have 17 pages to catch up on. Caught me so much by surprise I had to go into an empty meeting room to finish laughing. Thank you AsparagusTrevor.

Ffs - I've started again now. Must be tired.

Lemming

This one needs context.
Here's DrGreggle's ridiculous fantasy phone-destroying scenario (which he's still insisting is real) from the "Concert cliches you want to fuck off" thread:
Quote from: DrGreggles on June 19, 2018, 07:05:13 PM
Cunts filming the gigs on their phones and holding it up in front of other people to prevent them seeing anything, other than through their viewfinder.
I usually politely say " Could you put your phone down please, I can't see." in the first instance.
"Put your phone down." in the second.
Then "If I see that phone again once more you won't see it again!"

Most people feel bad after the first interjection and stop.
More cunty cunts get the second and the bigger cunts get the third.

So far there have been 4 occasions that have gone past the 3rd instance:
- 2 phones grabbed, dropped to the floor and kicked into the crowd - no words said
- 1 phone grabbed, put in my pocket with the cunt told to collect it after the gig (I missed my calling as a teacher, I think)*
- 1 phone grabbed, smashed on the floor and me yelling "I fucking warned you, you selfish cunt!" in his face. The few people standing near me cheered and his mates pissed themselves laughing.**

*He got it back after grovelling like a cunt
**This cunt was an absolute cunt though, even more cunty than all the other cunts. I was in a shit mood that day.

Then, later, this is posted in relation to The Cure:
Quote from: mobias on June 20, 2018, 08:52:36 PM
I doff my hat to the Cure when it comes to encores. I saw them many years ago and they played for about 2 hours before they then went off stage. After much cheering and clapping they came back on and played for another hour and half. Say what you like about the Cure they sure give you your money's worth.

And here's the post that really made me laugh, by TwinPeaks:
Quote from: TwinPeaks on June 20, 2018, 09:22:21 PM
The Cure playing really long encores to prevent me from going home.
I usually politely say "Could you turn your music down please, I want to go home." in the first instance.
"Put your guitar down." in the second.
Then "If I hear Pictures of You again once more you won't play it again!"

manticore

The whole of the HS Art World Cup thread has made me laugh a lot and is also very educational for people who want to to learn about The Game of Football, the offline rule and so on.

I mean this kind of insight from Spoon of Ploff has been invaluable to me:

QuoteIran are all in one colour, Spain are all in another colour. This should avoid a degree of confusion when the match gets underway.

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,67615.0.html

Mobius

Quote from: Lemming on June 22, 2018, 05:20:43 PM
And here's the post that really made me laugh, by TwinPeaks:

I wanted to post this yesterday but had just posted one! I was at work and had suffered a nosebleed earlier in the day and this post caused me to spray hardened bloody snot over my hand.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: paruses on June 22, 2018, 02:05:14 PM
Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on October 06, 2017, 02:05:13 PM
I'd love to see a scene where someone presses 'enhance' on an image in a movie and this appears:

From the unwelcome movie clichés thread that I have 17 pages to catch up on. Caught me so much by surprise I had to go into an empty meeting room to finish laughing. Thank you AsparagusTrevor.

Ffs - I've started again now. Must be tired.

Thanks man! Totally forgot I'd posted that.

All Surrogate

Topic: the fucking pony tail man

Quote from: Goldentony on June 23, 2018, 06:49:51 PM
the school counsellor mr jeffries had to come in and talk to us, he told us "ya no speak a pony tail bredren no more man, keep babylon out ya mind lest jah fire sexcrime up your batty hole"

canadagoose

Dusty Gozongas

Lemming

Laughing at a lot of posts in the "Boris Johnson is the living embodiment of a global Britain" thread, but the bluntless of Neville Chamberlain's post is my favourite:

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on June 25, 2018, 12:10:29 PM
He should be the living embodiment of a sacked cunt.

Bum Flaps

From https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,63949.msg3328656.html#msg3328656

Quote from: Ray Travez on December 09, 2017, 07:53:32 PM
Can't-Get-Things-Back-Into-Their-Original-Containers Carl

Can't-Get-Things-Back-Into-Their-Original-Containers Carl goes camping. When it's time to pack and leave, Can't-Get-Things-Back-Into-Their-Original-Containers Carl can't get his tent back into the tent bag. Or the pegs back in the tent peg bag. Or his cock and balls into his underpants.

I need more CGTBITOC Carl updates.

Sebastian Cobb

I've basically been Carl on the day you've got to leave for a festival. Just totally too fucked to attempt even pulling a tent apart. Dumped at the bins.

samadriel

In the Maynard James Keenan rapey thread.
Quote from: Funcrusher on June 26, 2018, 12:45:43 AM
The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money will be tarnished forever.
Economist jokes!

Dex Sawash

St_Eddie

pancreas

The hedgehog/Sploff double-act with staunch support from manticore continues to delight:

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on June 27, 2018, 04:39:16 PM
still no goals in this match. it'll be an early bath for both these teams at this rate. the Germans in the crowd are looking nervous. They've booked two more weeks off work and won't have anything to do if their team doesn't pull their fingers out and put the ball behind the line.

Ferris

Quote from: pancreas on June 27, 2018, 06:57:05 PM
The hedgehog/Sploff double-act with staunch support from manticore continues to delight:

Do my contributions mean nothing?!

BlodwynPig

pancreas

AsparagusTrevor

Ferris

Quote from: pancreas on June 28, 2018, 06:46:24 AM
Please sir, some decorum. A person has died.

Right, I'm in a huff for the rest of the day.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Gregory Torso

The whole of the Alan Bennett Joins Twitter thread. It's fantastic, particularly wosl's broken spectacles escapades.

Replies From View

That shaved George Lucas is one of the best things I have ever seen.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Replies From View on June 28, 2018, 01:59:14 PM
That shaved George Lucas is one of the best things I have ever seen.

I hope its from a thread of "shaved celebrities"?

biggytitbo

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 28, 2018, 02:36:18 PM

I'd rather shave a bear and see what happens than a celebrity (a celebrity bear (eg Gentle Ben) is fine though)

manticore

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 28, 2018, 02:58:12 AM
Do my contributions mean nothing?!

Your probing questions touch upon the very essense of the game of soccerball, and are the very lifeblood of that otherwise moribund thread. I salute you sir!

manticore

Quote from: samadriel on June 26, 2018, 07:24:52 AM
QuoteThe General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money will be tarnished forever.
In the Maynard James Keenan rapey thread.Economist jokes!

I so badly wanted to make a a joke like that, (having never previously heard of this Keenan bloke) - something on the lines of what do you expect from a eugenicist -  but copped out for fear of accusations of poor taste. I am a coward and a poltroon.

Replies From View

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 28, 2018, 02:36:18 PM

Why do you need George Lucas to be a celebrity?