Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:03:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nespresso. Mate

Started by madhair60, March 19, 2018, 09:26:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Missus has Nespresso machine. Yeah it's quite nice. Ran out of Nespresso. Went to Nespresso shop to get Nespresso. Yeah ten Nespresso please. Certainly sir may I take your name and address? Um no mate it's coffee. Certainly, name and address please. Mate. This isn't Coffee Club for Wankers. But it is, isn't it?

Sacking that off and buying a proper espresso maker I reckon. Rustle up the cash. Name and address please. Completely unacceptable.

studpuppet

Sebastian Cobb

Not arsed mate, aeropress.

In seriousness I think they represent the worst in single purpose, wasteful, ostentatious aspirational kitchen tat; a modern-day sodastream.

madhair60

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 19, 2018, 09:33:23 AM
In seriousness I think they represent the worst in single purpose, wasteful, ostentatious aspirational kitchen tat; a modern-day sodastream.

My mum's got special bags for holding individual sandwiches that you can then put in the toaster for easy toasties.

madhair60

Should I buy an aeropress?

Fambo Number Mive

I presume they wanted your address for marketing but it does seem a bit silly they wouldn't serve you without these details.

Paul Calf

Cuellar

Quote from: madhair60 on March 19, 2018, 09:35:00 AM
My mum's got special bags for holding individual sandwiches that you can then put in the toaster for easy toasties.

These are great.

Quote from: madhair60 on March 19, 2018, 09:36:53 AM

Yes.

Nespressos are rubbish. Partner tried buying some pods for my dad as a present and the insane hoops you have to jump through just to give them money. Trying to make it all exclusive. Piss off.

pancreas

If you want good coffee quickly with no mess and minimal environmental impact, then yes.

Paul Calf

You can buy 3rd-party Nespresso-style pods. If you get the aluminium ones, you can palm them off to Nescafe for recycling too.

Paul Calf

Quote from: pancreas on March 19, 2018, 09:39:35 AM
If you want good coffee quickly with no mess and minimal environmental impact, then yes.

And they're so cheap it makes sense. I have one for work and one for home.

Norton Canes

Yes. Make great coffee, also handy for enemas.

pancreas

Quote from: Paul Calf on March 19, 2018, 09:45:51 AM
And they're so cheap it makes sense. I have one for work and one for home.

So do I! We could be like ... the same person!

Norton Canes

Quote from: Paul Calf on March 19, 2018, 09:45:51 AM
And they're so cheap it makes sense. I have one for work and one for home

I only have one which I use and home and take to work. I know with crushing inevitability that I'm going to forget to transport it one day. The only question is, will I leave it at home or will I leave it at work?

biggytitbo

George 'CIA' Clooney uses the money from his Nespresso adverts to pay for his own spy satellite.

DrGreggles

madhair60

Tell me more about Aeropress.

madhair60

I've got one of those Bialettis too. The ones you put on hob. sgood

Paul Calf

I'd chose an expresso pot over all other methods if I wanted strong, thick coffee but the Aeropress seems to bring out the flavour of the coffee.

In our house, when operating the Aeropress, it's mandatory to sing:

Don't wanna close my eyes
Don't wanna fall asleep
'Cos I miss you babe
And I don't want to miss a thing.

Dr Syntax Head

What the fuck is wrong with you people? This is easier and cheaper and gets you laid by the sophisticated lady next door. You hipster idiots with your Abigail's party coffee machines.

Buelligan

Quote from: madhair60 on March 19, 2018, 10:01:52 AM
I've got one of those Bialettis too. The ones you put on hob. sgood

Was given a Nespresso for "christmas" by my boss.  Very touching and thoughtful but still in it's box.  Ancient Bialetti still on hob.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on March 19, 2018, 10:06:42 AM
What the fuck is wrong with you people? This is easier and cheaper and gets you laid by the sophisticated lady next door. You hipster idiots with your Abigail's party coffee machines.

The Aeropress is only a machine in the very basic sense that it is by necessity mechanical.

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: Paul Calf on March 19, 2018, 10:07:58 AM
The Aeropress is only a machine in the very basic sense that it is by necessity mechanical.

But does it make you attractive to the professional yuppy woman next door?

Buelligan

Never experienced Aeropress.  Because I am prejudiced and judgmental and live somewhere beyond the reach of marketeers (not a yuppy either), I don't expect to, ever.  But, in my narrow mind, it appears to be some sort of gee-gaw for those that might own or be impressed by, a swan neck kettle - my response to those is rabelaisian.

Cuellar

Bialettis is good but the aeropress is so easy to clean. I did manage to knock it over when full of boiling water and had to go to A&E with all burns on my legs but apart from that, no complaints.

Also no need for a hob of course so perfect for work. I also bought a reusable metal mesh filter for mine, as using a paper filter each time felt too profligate.

madhair60

Quote from: Buelligan on March 19, 2018, 10:14:18 AM
Never experienced Aeropress.  Because I am prejudiced and judgmental and live somewhere beyond the reach of marketeers (not a yuppy either), I don't expect to, ever.  But, in my narrow mind, it appears to be some sort of gee-gaw for those that might own or be impressed by, a swan neck kettle - my response to those is rabelaisian.

I learnt a word today.

Gregory Torso

Why can't you just piss in a cup of mud like everyone else

biggytitbo

QuoteMost of the money I make on the [Nespresso] commercials I spend keeping a satellite over the border of North and South Sudan to keep an eye on Omar al-Bashir [the Sudanese dictator charged with war crimes at The Hague]. Then he puts out a statement saying that I'm spying on him and how would I like it if a camera was following me everywhere I went and I go 'well welcome to my life Mr War Criminal'. I want the war criminal to have the same amount of attention that I get. I think that's fair

Yeah, that was your idea wasn't it George.

studpuppet

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on March 19, 2018, 10:06:42 AM

Only if you're Gareth Hunt: "actor or rhyming slang?" (© Who Dares Wins circa 1984)