Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 10:22:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Man guilty of owning racist dog [merged]

Started by Paulie Walnuts, March 20, 2018, 01:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronzy

It's like that film White Dog, except it's more antisemitic than racist I guess.

Sebastian Cobb

Lol Paulie Walnuts is unwittingly sticking up for a communist there.

famous communist Dankula, friend of Tommy Robinson

stay focused guys

biggytitbo

I'd like to see a good argument as to why he should go to jail for this. Is there one?

Hobo With A Shit Pun

I was an immediate strong supporter of Dankula when he was first vilified in the press and I saw the original NaziPug video. I've since watched other videos he's put out, and he's a tedious freeeeespeeeech edgelord prick.  But there's nothing offensive in training a pug to lampoon a Nazi. No more so than Kevin Eldon, anyway.

biggytitbo

I don't know much about this case, there's actually a law against being 'grossly offensive', who gets to decide that, surely it's completely subjective?

itsfredtitmus

should i watch sopranos? never seen it really

itsfredtitmus

also that guy looks like ginger wildheart if he hung around GAME all the time

ajsmith2

Quote from: Hobo With A Shit Pun on March 20, 2018, 01:37:36 PM
I was an immediate strong supporter of Dankula when he was first vilified in the press and I saw the original NaziPug video. I've since watched other videos he's put out, and he's a tedious freeeeespeeeech edgelord prick.  But there's nothing offensive in training a pug to lampoon a Nazi. No more so than Kevin Eldon, anyway.

Yup, that sums it up for me. It's ludicrous that he should go to jail, or even be prosecuted for this. But he's become a cause celebre for the full spectrum of the new right, all the way from your safe Milo/PJW type cultural libertarians right through to the proper Nazi end, the kind that remind you why these hardline stances end up being defaulted to just in case. And he's taken to that mileu like a duck to water without any discrimination, in fact knowing all about it and loving it. 'Dog Whistling', you might say. But yet there's no getting round the fact that his original conviction  for what he 'did' remains deeply unfair.  It's a right old bit of cognitive dissonance.

Odd to witness the video of old media gods Ricky Gervais and David Baddiel sticking up for him in the old way, like it's still 2001 or something and it's just a simple wee cut and dried free speech issue against the man, and that's all there is to it.

up_the_hampipe

Ridiculous that he might be going to prison for that. They should be locking up that evil dog!

BlodwynPig

No story here, I don't see any link.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Hobo With A Shit Pun on March 20, 2018, 01:37:36 PM

He's clearly a stupid cunt, but we can't just go locking people up for that.

He clearly wasn't inciting  hatred. He said he wanted to make the dog do the worst thing imaginable as a joke. It's not funny or good but that doesn't matter.

With that in mind a man has been locked up for doing a bad joke, there are worse ones out there that are easy to find with search, so this was a reaction to a bad joke that trended. It's shitty PR policing at it's worst. Yet people regularly face what are 'genuine threats' and nothing happens.

biggytitbo

It's completely indefensible, whether he's a cunt or massively unfunny or whatever, especially under the law they charged him with. How many comedians, or even people on here could be charged with 'gross offense'? Everyone's defintion of it is going to differ.

itsfredtitmus

mate id put him in prison for at least 3 years

dex

My mrs's dad owns a racist dog. They do exist.

Cold Meat Platter

I expect if he'd taught it to do an impression of Stalin he'd be lauded for his trouble.
Another victory for the Loony Left /PC Brigade.
This country.

dex

Quote from: dex on March 20, 2018, 02:31:21 PM
My mrs's dad owns a racist dog. They do exist.

Incapable. He's thick as shit 'annul. Barks at rain.

Hobo With A Shit Pun

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on March 20, 2018, 02:37:28 PM
I expect if he'd taught it to do an impression of Stalin he'd be lauded for his trouble.

He did teach it to do an impression of Stalin, but he's been edited out of that video, so there's no evidence.

Hobo With A Shit Pun

That was after the Dog Show Trials, obviously.

ASFTSN

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on March 20, 2018, 01:43:20 PM
should i watch sopranos? never seen it really

It's brilliant and Paulie is one of the best and funniest characters.  He's a brutal, regressive thug with an old-ladyish prissiness about hygiene and cleanliness.

ASFTSN

On-topic all that will happen to this guy will be a slap on the wrist. 

ollyboro

Didn't Larry have a racist dog n a CYE episode?

Replies From View

Quote from: ollyboro on March 20, 2018, 02:46:39 PM
Didn't Larry have a racist dog n a CYE episode?

It was Jeff and Suzy's dog I think.

Edit:  actually no, I think you may be right.  Though I don't remember Larry having a dog that wasn't theirs.

Utter Shit

This is one of those situations where I'm pretty comfortable with relaxing my principles for a bit. No, he shouldn't be going to prison. But I'm glad he is, the cunt.

Sebastian Cobb

He was looking after a friend's dog. Wanda said it was racist, but at the end it liked that guy who played Dr Pratt in E.R. didn't like Larry.

thenoise

I laughed a bit when I saw the original video, and will therefore be handing myself in first thing tomorrow morning.

dozybugcarrot

It seems a bit unfair to call the dog racist, he probably knows next to nothing about Hitler.

A friend of mine has a black cat who hates white people, is that racist? Or as a black cat is she not able to be racist because racism equals prejudice plus power, and a cat doesn't have any power?

thenoise

The cat can't be racist because it is black.