Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:58:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Man guilty of owning racist dog [merged]

Started by Paulie Walnuts, March 20, 2018, 01:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Utter Shit on March 20, 2018, 03:04:23 PM
This is one of those situations where I'm pretty comfortable with relaxing my principles for a bit. No, he shouldn't be going to prison. But I'm glad he is, the cunt.

Yikes

ajsmith2

Quote from: Utter Shit on March 20, 2018, 03:04:23 PM
This is one of those situations where I'm pretty comfortable with relaxing my principles for a bit. No, he shouldn't be going to prison. But I'm glad he is, the cunt.

I'm not glad he's going to prison even though I don't like him or his whole deal. Not just cos it's objectively unfair, but also cos it plays neatly into the alt right's 'narrative' that the UK is a PC hellstate where Jeremy Khan will sentence you to death if you don't praise Allah on Xmas Day. It will only make Dankula more of a folk hero and prolong his media shelflife.

The weirdest thing about this whole case is that it led to Lauren Southern visiting Airdie Town Centre earlier this year to do a report on it.

canadagoose

Quote from: ajsmith2 on March 20, 2018, 03:27:13 PM
The weirdest thing about this whole case is that it led to Lauren Southern visiting Airdie Town Centre earlier this year to do a report on it.
The thought of these big alt-right stars having to visit small Scottish towns amuses me. I wonder if she went to Spoons or Greggs?

I also wonder how she managed to keep her "UK is overrun by Muslims" narrative while visiting a town which, er, clearly isn't. Maybe she thought Airdrie was some sort of paradise-like enclave or something.

Replies From View

Being able to say "sausages" isn't racist, you guys.

Cuellar

Guy looks like a complete arsehole, but should he go to prison?

Maybe. Who knows.

Who cares.

Bhazor

It's interesting he, along with the alt media, keeps talking about how he's definitely going to prison. Even though that's the absolute maximum sentence. More likely he's going to end up with a tag and community service.

But y'know that's a little less glamorous.

Thomas

Quote from: Hobo With A Shit Pun on March 20, 2018, 01:37:36 PM
I was an immediate strong supporter of Dankula when he was first vilified in the press and I saw the original NaziPug video. I've since watched other videos he's put out, and he's a tedious freeeeespeeeech edgelord prick. 

If there's anything illegal in his other videos, let him be charged for them. If not, he should be free to continue recording his edgelord prickiness for his undiscerning audience. Maybe someone could have a gentle word with him and persuade him to contribute to the world in a nicer way. This particular case, though, of the saluting hound, should only be judged on its own details.

I'd argue that the dog isn't even performing a Nazi salute. It cannot physically raise its arm to the requisite angle. nor can it form the mental concepts linked to a genuine Nazi salute. What was it Wittgenstein said? If a lion could talk, it would still not say 'England for the English'. I'm sorry if any PETAs are reading this, but dogs are just not interested in far right politics and race hate. They're not bothered.

Before reading up on it today, I didn't know this guy was using the phrase 'gas the Jews' to prompt the dog's risen paw. Now, that does strike me as offensive and twatty - perhaps grossly so - as well as tedious-edgelord pricky, and I wonder if the case might have come to nothing if he'd used a less inflammatory prompt. I'm also fully prepared to believe that he's a wanker without bothering to peruse his other videos, but I'm a stumbling amateur stand-up and I've heard offensiver things onstage in pubs and clubs (and indeed in some of our favourite comedy films and TV series), a few steered by talent and context into hilarity, others falling flat onto an audience of grimaces. No calls for arrest. If some of these examples were recorded and posted online, though, they might well have fallen foul of the Communications Act and its offensiveness clause.

I respect that a jury have come to a decision based on an interpretation of the law in a courtroom, and that none of us were privy to those proceedings, but it's weird innit? Context. If he'd recorded himself describing the act in detail, but with no dog present and without actually performing it, would it still be grossly offensive? Interesting. Or maybe not.

Quote from: ajsmith2 on March 20, 2018, 03:27:13 PM
I'm not glad he's going to prison even though I don't like him or his whole deal. Not just cos it's objectively unfair, but also cos it plays neatly into the alt right's 'narrative' that the UK is a PC hellstate where Jeremy Khan will sentence you to death if you don't praise Allah on Xmas Day.

It's also given Ricky Gervais something to tweet about. stephenfryoffended.jpeg

canadagoose

Quote from: ThomasI'm sorry if any PETAs are reading this, but dogs are just not interested in far right politics and race hate. They're not bothered.
Quote from: Thomasstephenfryoffended.jpeg
I laughed.

thenoise

Quote from: Replies From View on March 20, 2018, 03:36:01 PM
Being able to say "sausages" isn't racist, you guys.

Scamp! What should we force feed the Jews? What should we force feed the Jews, scamp?

There's a good boy Scamp.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Cuellar on March 20, 2018, 03:36:37 PM
Guy looks like a complete arsehole, but should he go to prison?

Maybe. Who knows.

Who cares.

You'll care when they put you in jail for dressing a hamster up as Stalin, which I know you've done. You just haven't filmed it yet.

biggytitbo

MAJOR NEW EVIDENCE IN - Can we have a retrial please? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12139150

QuoteA Finnish dog which gave Nazi salutes so annoyed Germany's World War II government that it launched a campaign against its owner.

Tor Borg's wife had reportedly given Jackie the nickname Hitler - saying the dog's strange way of raising its paw and barking reminded her of the Fuhrer.

Newly discovered documents show Mr Borg was interrogated by the Germans on suspicion of insulting Hitler.

So now we've established the fact Hitler regarded dogs saluting him as insulting, so this man was actually fighting Nazism with his dog video, not glorfying it. This changes everything doesn't it?

biggytitbo

Quote from: Thomas on March 20, 2018, 03:48:03 PM
I'd argue that the dog isn't even performing a Nazi salute. It cannot physically raise its arm to the requisite angle. nor can it form the mental concepts linked to a genuine Nazi salute. What was it Wittgenstein said? If a lion could talk, it would still not say 'England for the English'. I'm sorry if any PETAs are reading this, but dogs are just not interested in far right politics and race hate. They're not bothered.

Quite correct, even those dogs that are able to grasp rudimentary politics lean left. Apart from Corgis of course.

Replies From View

I once knew a puppy that was forced to make out with a gay clay pigeon.

Cuellar

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 20, 2018, 03:59:37 PM
You'll care when they put you in jail for dressing a hamster up as Stalin, which I know you've done. You just haven't filmed it yet.

My all animal recreation of the downfall of Ceasescu will blow your socks off, but keep it hush hush for now.

Large Noise

Absolutely ludicrous that he's been prosecuted for what is clearly a comedy skit.

The guy seems like a right piece of shit judging by his twitter account, but this is terrible nevertheless.

bgmnts

Didnt Stewart Lee recreate historical figures using hamsters or gerbils or something?

Fuck.

biggytitbo

What kind of country is it where people are arrested for making jokes, the leader of the opposition is continually smeared by the state broadcaster and anyone who questions government narratives are labelled conspiracy theorists and traitors.

Russia, ahhh.

Quote from: ASFTSN on March 20, 2018, 02:41:02 PM
It's brilliant and Paulie is one of the best and funniest characters.  He's a brutal, regressive thug with an old-ladyish prissiness about hygiene and cleanliness.

Agreed, Sopranos is fucking incredible, and Walnuts is of course the best character

Sex Beast Louis CK met him once

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM3hmRhedEU

I have a friend with a racist dog (to be clear, she doesn't want it to be.)
Sometimes she takes it to work in another friend's ground floor, glass-walled office. Pretty much whenever a black person walks past, the dog rushes the window, barking, and my friend leaps up and guiltily tries to assure them through the closed glass that it's down to something else.  "IT'S BECAUSE OF YOUR HAT, SORRY! HE DOESN'T LIKE HATS!! YOUR HAT!"
Viewed from the point of view of the passer-by in the street of course, it looks like the dog wants to attack him, while my friend noiselessly rants and angrily points at his head.

biggytitbo

Arrest the cast of Allo Allo I say, even the dead ones.

spamwangler

any one on twitter should be thrown off a cliff

shiftwork2

Read the thread and googled 'racist dog' and I got nothing.  This is about dam busters?

rjd2

https://twitter.com/Baddiel/status/976180636405981185

Pretty much that. Its absurd, but he doesn't help himself whatsoever with the company he keeps.

ITT : he should be jailed because of the company he keeps

You just can't help yourselves, can you

bgmnts

QuoteMr Brown told the court it was wrong to focus on the phrase "gas the Jews" when it had been taken out of context of the whole video.

I laughed.

biggytitbo

Quote from: rjd2 on March 20, 2018, 08:20:29 PM
https://twitter.com/Baddiel/status/976180636405981185

Pretty much that. Its absurd, but he doesn't help himself whatsoever with the company he keeps.

I think that's completly irrelevant - you have to go to jail for an offensive joke because we don't like your mates?