Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:21:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Man guilty of owning racist dog [merged]

Started by Paulie Walnuts, March 20, 2018, 01:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

Quote from: bgmnts on March 20, 2018, 08:23:33 PM
I laughed.

The fact the whole thing revolved around a dog saluting Hitler tells you all the context you need to know.

canadagoose

Quote from: bgmnts on March 20, 2018, 08:23:33 PM
I laughed.
Yeah, I mean, obviously he was saying it as part of "what a gas the Jews are", referring to their famous sense of humour. Bloody PC do-gooder loony-lefty-Labour Trotskyite Cultural Marxists.

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 20, 2018, 08:24:32 PM

I think that's completly irrelevant - you have to go to jail for an offensive joke because we don't like your mates?

progressive left mate - scum

bgmnts

Quote from: canadagoose on March 20, 2018, 08:26:05 PM
Yeah, I mean, obviously he was saying it as part of "what a gas the Jews are", referring to their famous sense of humour. Bloody PC do-gooder loony-lefty-Labour Trotskyite Cultural Marxists.

Honestly, I thought the whole thing was a satire on the governmental betrayal of the British fishing industry and the communities it affects. Thats why it's so hilarious.

idunnosomename

Lock him up and throw away the key

Unfunny cunt

biggytitbo

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 20, 2018, 08:38:11 PM
Lock him up and throw away the key

Unfunny cunt

Enough of Ricky Gervais, what about the Scottish nazi dog fella?

idunnosomename

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 20, 2018, 08:40:32 PM

Enough of Ricky Gervais, what about the Scottish nazi dog fella?

Sentenced to share a cell with Ricky Gervais, who will perform a daily episode of Derek for him

biggytitbo

They should replace that Barney the Dinosaur torture they use at Guantanamo with 24hr Derek marathons.

biggytitbo

As a Scot being as offensive as possible I'm surprised that he didn't benefit from the famous lefty "Sadowitz Blind Eye"

<shrugs>

Quote from: bgmnts on March 20, 2018, 08:32:05 PM
Honestly, I thought the whole thing was a satire on the governmental betrayal of the British fishing industry and the communities it affects. Thats why it's so hilarious.

zinger!

Bhazor

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 20, 2018, 08:49:53 PM

A quote from that lovely man's website.

It is important and essential for us to promote and celebrate this unique virtue of Western civilization.

If you combine a religious intolerance for something and insert it into a culture for centuries, with the inbreeding that is prevalent in a lot of the third world nations, you have an especially cruel and wicked people that may smile in your face as they have someone else stab you in the back. They are still committing extreme human rights abuses so the compassion needed for something like a dog is not even a discussion.

Our culture can be represented in a picture of a mother playing with her kids and the family dog. Then Mom takes the phone and records a silly video of dad with his sons playing keep away with a football from the family golden retriever named Sam. There is so much power in that short little video. You have the nuclear family being represented in a positive manner. This is an extremely rare occurrence and with the anti-white, anti-west, anti-family agenda being vomited out of Hollywood we should take advantage of even the simplest mediums. .

https://woofright.com/2017/06/03/what-is-the-dogright/

biggytitbo

Yeh but he did a good tweet at glinner, i don't have to agree with his life philosophy.

shh

I was ready to jump in to defend this Dapper Laughs for redditors based on the saluting, but 'gas the jews'...the context absolves him though surely.

It seems we have a multiplicity of laws dealing with the same 'offence'. The one used here was originally intended for 1 to 1 personal communications (presumably for cases like these https://www.lrb.co.uk/v40/n03/bee-wilson/merely-a-warning-that-a-noun-is-coming) not mass media. Can't we clear them up so that only incitements to violence are covered. We'll need it in the future to protect ourselves against the New Labour generation (http://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2016/03/46-percent-in-england-support-legal-limits-on-free-speech-where-religion-is-concerned-poll-finds).

Trojan_Jockey

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 20, 2018, 09:06:49 PM
Yeh but he did a good tweet at glinner, i don't have to agree with his life philosophy.

Get with the times Biggy. If I were to defend his right to make a joke then people might think I was a nazi, therefore its better that he goes to prison rather than I look right-wing.

marquis_de_sad

I don't think he should go to prison or even be sentenced for what he did, but the fact that the people defending him only mention the dog and not him saying "gas the jews" is pretty telling. Unlike the Father Ted episode, there's very little context, so I fail to see the similarity. It's just a bloke saying "gas the jews" and "sieg heil" to a dog dressed up as a Nazi lifting its paw up in a frankly lacklustre canine imitation of a Hitler salute. So the problem for the courts is: what's the difference between someone doing this and being sincere and someone doing it for bants? If the courts are supposed to deal with hate speech,* then if all anyone has to do is lol to avoid being prosecuted then anti-hate speech laws would be totally ineffective.

* which is another question, but I'll put it to one side for the moment

Soup

Read that BBC article and I still don't really understand. What's the actual law yer man's been convicted of breaking here?

biggytitbo

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on March 20, 2018, 09:52:35 PM
I don't think he should go to prison or even be sentenced for what he did, but the fact that the people defending him only mention the dog and not him saying "gas the jews" is pretty telling. Unlike the Father Ted episode, there's very little context, so I fail to see the similarity. It's just a bloke saying "gas the jews" and "sieg heil" to a dog dressed up as a Nazi lifting its paw up in a frankly lacklustre canine imitation of a Hitler salute. So the problem for the courts is: what's the difference between someone doing this and being sincere and someone doing it for bants? If the courts are supposed to deal with hate speech,* then if all anyone has to do is lol to avoid being prosecuted then anti-hate speech laws would be totally ineffective.

* which is another question, but I'll put it to one side for the moment

Saying 'gas the jews' to a dog in order to get it to do a nazi salute to footage of hitler is an inherently absurd situation, whether you find it funny is irrelevant really, its clearly intended to be a stupid, if bad taste, joke.

Many, many, many people on this very forum, available for the public to view, have said worse.

Benevolent Despot

Pretty par-for-the-course in the current descent our flightpath is on.

Quote from: ajsmith2 on March 20, 2018, 03:27:13 PMThe weirdest thing about this whole case is that it led to Lauren Southern visiting Airdie Town Centre earlier this year to do a report on it.

It was strange and special to see the goddess walking grim streets that I have too. In similar draconian absurdity she is now permanently banned from visiting the U.K. after being arrested at the border under counter-terrorism legislation, forced to talk without legal representation and told that she "presents a threat to the fundamental interests of society" for handing out "Allah is a gay god" leaflets to see what happens when Islam tries LGBT inclusion. Legal and political system is completely FUBAR.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 20, 2018, 10:16:38 PM
Saying 'gas the jews' to a dog in order to get it to do a nazi salute to footage of hitler is an inherently absurd situation, whether you find it funny is irrelevant really, its clearly intended to be a stupid, if bad taste, joke.

Many, many, many people on this very forum, available for the public to view, have said worse.

I didn't say whether I found it funny or not. I also said I don't think what he did should be against the law.

Cuellar

I think everyone should be sent to prison

biggytitbo

Quote from: Cuellar on March 20, 2018, 10:44:24 PM
I think everyone should be sent to prison

Or they could just reverse the prison cell doors so we'd all be in prison and all the prisoners would be free.

colacentral

It's not hard to get a dog to raise its paw to a phrase of your choosing. It would have been better if he trained it to raise its paw whenever it saw a swastika; I could begrudgingly admire the dedication to making that work at least.

Desirable Industrial Unit

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on March 20, 2018, 09:52:35 PM
I don't think he should go to prison or even be sentenced for what he did, but the fact that the people defending him only mention the dog and not him saying "gas the jews" is pretty telling. Unlike the Father Ted episode, there's very little context, so I fail to see the similarity.

There is none - he just wanted to repeat the phrase 'gas the jews' a few dozen times in a video, and the dog's there to react in the same way as it would to any phrase he'd say.  The point is to edgily sneak it past censors as - haha! - it's sort of a comedy video about training a dog!  Dude I just said 'gas the jews' 40 times on Youtube!

He won't go to prison, he's just a twat on the level of Dapper Laughs who needs a bit of a wake-up call.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: colacentral on March 20, 2018, 11:15:37 PM
It's not hard to get a dog to raise its paw to a phrase of your choosing. It would have been better if he trained it to raise its paw whenever it saw a swastika; I could begrudgingly admire the dedication to making that work at least.

Maybe first train it to to paint a few tolerable watercolours, then when that doesn't pay off train it to lead a violent street movement that eventually takes over the country and invades Poland.

Quote from: Soup on March 20, 2018, 10:10:35 PM
Read that BBC article and I still don't really understand. What's the actual law yer man's been convicted of breaking here?

'Sending by means of a public electronic communications network a message or other matter that is grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character' - an offence under section 127 of the Communications Act 2003.  Punishable by a fine and/or up to six months in jail.

There's a timeline here of prosecutions under this provision -

https://wiki.openrightsgroup.org/wiki/Communications_Act_2003/Section_127

Trojan_Jockey

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on March 20, 2018, 11:40:45 PM
'Sending by means of a public electronic communications network a message or other matter that is grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character' - an offence under section 127 of the Communications Act 2003.  Punishable by a fine and/or up to six months in jail.

Jordan Barrack - Took a photo of policeman Charles Harris, drew a penis on it using Snapchat, posted the resulting image to Facebook in 2012. Arrested, found guilty, ordered to pay £400 compensation, 12-month community order with 40 hours unpaid work.

Quite right as well.

bgmnts

If I train a parrot to shit on black people or a dog to bark ferociously in the face of disabled people is that funny? Even if nobody on earth finds it funny?

This is all so confusing.

manticore

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 20, 2018, 10:16:38 PM

Hundreds of people have. Google won't find it but does anyone remember The East Cheam (or wherever it was) Holocaust Recreation Society?

And this example of a prosecution:

QuoteOn 8 October 2012 Matthew Woods was sentenced to 12 weeks imprisonment in a Young Offender Institution for posting offensive jokes about missing children April Jones and Madeleine McCann on Facebook. Woods' was arrested, ostensibly for his own safety, after a vigilante mob surrounded his family's house. No arrests of any of the vigilante mob, or of anybody who incited and organised the mob, have been reported.

Woods' comments included jokes such as 'Who in their right mind would abduct a ginger kid?' and 'I woke up this morning in the back of a transit van with two beautiful little girls, I found April in a hopeless place.' There were also sexually explicit comments which have not been published or disclosed beyond the Magistrates' Court.

You just can't trust the law to deal with things like this.

BritishHobo

As others have said, tedious prick but no fucking way this case should have got this far. Although yeah, not quite sure what the joke is in repeatedly saying 'gas the jews'. This is like that airport thing again where the bloke literally just tweeted 'I will blow up this airport' and that was somehow a joke?

And of course the usual blue tick idiots blaming the fascist PC left for a case that's happened entirely under a right-wing government. Same for the banning of Lauren Southern. You'd think these free speech fellas would channel their anger into opposing the Tory government, the very same who want to lead the world in censoring the internet to make it nice for children, but nooooo, it's once again the fault of the nebulous left.

All that aside of course, fucking daft for this prick to be going to actual real prison for this.

Flouncer

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on March 20, 2018, 11:40:45 PM

It's fucking ridiculous that the CPS get to decide whether something is merely offensive, or grossly offensive. It seems fairly obvious to me that this is a mechanism which allows the state to brutalise anyone saying something they don't like. The Azhar Ahmed case is a pretty good example of this. This stuff only goes one way - we can only expect more repressive legislation further down the line. I think this has to be put into context and looked at as part of a wider agenda; restrictions being put on the right to protest and pre-emptive police heavy-handedness being another side of it.