Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:26:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Started watching Always Sunny

Started by madhair60, March 23, 2018, 12:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utter Shit

Just watched the one where they try to sell the bar. Fucking hell, Charlie not understanding the difference between wooed and wood was incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP4DyEIawT8

remedial_gash

Trying for an 'in' episode where people hate the idea -  last night watched 'Dee got audited' and while it might show the true nature, not something I could sell it easily early on.

Perhaps the 'gang sells out' = jew lawyer and waitress, maybe just the start of seaon 2?

Am  a bit confused. Maybe s1e1 and let them see if they can tolerate it?

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: remedial_gash on June 13, 2018, 08:15:53 PM
Trying for an 'in' episode where people hate the idea -  last night watched 'Dee got audited' and while it might show the true nature, not something I could sell it easily early on.

Perhaps the 'gang sells out' = jew lawyer and waitress, maybe just the start of seaon 2?

I reckon Sweet Dee's Dating a Retarded Person & Mac and Dennis: Manhunters to show them the twisted genius, then once they're hooked they can start from the beginning of season 2. Season 1 can be tackled at a later date.

remedial_gash

Man-hunters I like, but I want this person to see the full degeneration of cricket from priest, to dog-fucking victim, to parkour man.

Retarded person is okay, but I'm not sure I like it, can't remember the 'b-plot' - there must be one, but it's not one I normally watch.

'Franks pretty woman' for its throway cruelty or maybe even 'Chardee MacDennis game of games' - such a wonderful pile of shit covered gems, that I don't know where to start, even 'the gang gets racist' isn't bad once you you get to know them and come back to it.

Oh horrible to try and pick an entry point for someone who thinks that Twitter can be a bit dodgy.

EDIT - Pretty sure he'll like it as we watched the last part of Patrick Melrose together last night and we both agreed that the gallows humour of Pip Torrens' character elevated what could have been horridly depressing. Weird that their isn't a thread on TV about it.

Sebastian Cobb

What about the one where they try to work out who keeps shitting the bed?

Or Franks intervention?

Twit 2

I've started watching it again for series 2 and it's amazing how different Frank is. In a way his degeneration is just as stark as Cricket's.

Bhazor

remedial_gash

Quote from: Bhazor on June 14, 2018, 12:31:15 AM
He gets real weird with it.

In the end I went with 'the gang gets analysed' - he still hasn't watched it, and it seems a bit far along - but you see each character individually - and all their weird traits, dunno if it will work.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: remedial_gash on June 13, 2018, 10:15:14 PMRetarded person is okay, but I'm not sure I like it, can't remember the 'b-plot' - there must be one, but it's not one I normally watch.
The B-Plot is the highlight actually, it's the one where the boys try to start a band, including the origin of the Nightman song. The Dee stuff is secondary really.

Quote from: remedial_gash on June 14, 2018, 01:02:30 AMIn the end I went with 'the gang gets analysed' - he still hasn't watched it, and it seems a bit far along - but you see each character individually - and all their weird traits, dunno if it will work.
Would that episode work without knowing the characters? Same with Chardee MacDennnis, I think they're best left til later.

Quote from: remedial_gash on June 13, 2018, 10:15:14 PM'Franks pretty woman' for its throway cruelty.
This might be a good bet actually, nothing too continuity-heavy (except for Fat Mac and his 'cultivating mass') and a good look at the characters different personalities.

I reckon the Christmas one would be a good intro, if watching Christmas TV in June isn't an issue, or if you're wanting to show the fall of Cricket why not start at the beginning of this with The Gang Exploits a Miracle?

madhair60

Watched Charlie Kelly: King of the Rats last night. Fucking majestic and strangely heartwarming. Woke up this morning laughing about denim chicken and the bird with teeth.

New Jack

Quote from: remedial_gash on June 13, 2018, 08:15:53 PM

I'd choose the Jersey Shore episode as most people are going to get the basic idea of the parody

Ornlu

Quote from: New Jack on June 14, 2018, 09:26:43 AM
I'd choose the Jersey Shore episode as most people are going to get the basic idea of the parody

Plus, first appearance of Rum Ham.

neveragain

I generally go with a double-bill of Mac Is A Serial Killer and Hundred Dollar Baby (dark, cruel, lots of character info - love the ending for the boxing one!), but also show them the cold opening in which Frank gleefully announces the death of Dennis and Dee's mother.

First eps I saw were the swimming pools and buying a boat editions. The grimy feel of everything working alongside the chirpy incidental music really cast a spell. And there was the implication.

remedial_gash

Quote from: neveragain on June 14, 2018, 05:10:48 PM
I generally go with a double-bill of Mac Is A Serial Killer and Hundred Dollar Baby (dark, cruel, lots of character info - love the ending for the boxing one!), but also show them the cold opening in which Frank gleefully announces the death of Dennis and Dee's mother.

First eps I saw were the swimming pools and buying a boat editions. The grimy feel of everything working alongside the chirpy incidental music really cast a spell. And there was the implication.

Ha that's weird, after word of mouth and downloading but bouncing off the first season, the swimming pool one was my first too (Charly and Mac are white Trash?).

For that I shall follow your reccos, and the end of the boxing one is indeed horrible. Thanks!

Quote from: madhair60 on June 14, 2018, 09:01:01 AM
Watched Charlie Kelly: King of the Rats last night. Fucking majestic and strangely heartwarming. Woke up this morning laughing about denim chicken and the bird with teeth.

Love this one, when I watched this for the first time, i was a bit tipsy and I got teary at the end!

Led Souptin

that insta post seems to have been taken down already. what was it?

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Led Souptin on June 18, 2018, 11:31:56 PM
that insta post seems to have been taken down already. what was it?
Introducing Mindy Kaling as the new cast member. Although if she fully committed to the show's monstrosity, it might be interesting.

New Jack

Seeing as Rob McElhenney was on her show it could just be her visiting the set and him removing it as obviously people freak out and miss sarcasm (fresh faced kid? She was on the Office, had her own show etc)

Bhazor

Look at those teeth. That's crow milk for you.

remedial_gash

Is Rob standing on a box, or is Kaitlin slouching? Has he done a 'reverse fatty season'? Oh, and Danny's hair looks less mad.  Still excited.

Cuellar

There are photos floating around of Rob McElhenney looking like prime beefcake.

Here, in fact:

Don't want to turn this into the PHWOAARRR thread or anything, but...

Utter Shit

remedial_gash

New Jack

Him going from that to fat and presumably back is ace and underrated. If De Niro did it for a comedy, why... Nah, it would still be shit on

Cuellar

Quote from: Utter Shit on June 19, 2018, 09:22:06 AM
Which one's Rob McElhenney?

The one draped round Danny DeVito's neck

New Jack

Bhazor

Small Man Big Horse

Hank Venture

A scene from the Lethal Weapon episode is still the hardest Ive ever laughed at anything. The moment is when Dee plays a stripper but theyve obviously edited in a completely different woman and its never mentioned or acknowledged. Caught me completely off guard.

Also, Uncle Jack losing his big fake hands.

Best sitcom ever imo.