Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:36:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Early Man

Started by Norton Canes, March 23, 2018, 01:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

New Nick Park animated movie, all about a stone age tribe whose land is invaded by bronze-wielding French aggressors. For reasons that I'm sure make complete sense, the cavemen end up challenging the continentals to a football match.

You must know the Aardman drill by now - all the characters have massive teeth and shoot lots of quizzical glances at each other, and there are on average about sixteen sight gags a minute. Seems to be getting pretty good reviews... hey, you can start Googling if you want to find out more.

I haven't seen it yet but noticing the title followed by the BBFC classification and knowing that it was about stone-age football, I loved that they combine to read

Early Man (U)

madhair60

Cavemen + Football = Arsed; cigs

mothman

It's been out a while, though? It was OK. Nothing really earth-shattering TBH. Formulaic, and much less sight gags than I'd expect.

asids

Yes, this has been out for a month or two. It's quite good, nothing spectacular, but good. I did get a couple of hearty laughs out of it. Not much more to say really.

Kelvin

Fucking hate Wallace and Gromit.

Best thing about Peter Sallis dying.

Mister Six

Quote from: Norton Canes
I haven't seen it yet but noticing the title followed by the BBFC classification and knowing that it was about stone-age football, I loved that they combine to read

Early Man (U)

+Karma

Replies From View

Aardman lost their edge for me somewhere between The Wrong Trousers and A Close Shave.

I'm glad they're still making stuff, because most studios are doing just CGI animation now, and somebody needs to keep stop motion alive.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth