Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:33:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Least appealing on-screen couples ever

Started by Icehaven, March 23, 2018, 10:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

Who kept trying to make Kristen Stewart and Jesse Eisenberg work? Both sides being ice cold charisma vacuums is hardly good grounding for a successful on-screen partnership. They have to be one of the worst but there's probably other examples of bad ideas for repeated attempts at pairing stars that just doesn't work. 

bgmnts

Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher.

Woody Allen and Diane Keaton.

Steven

Also when Luke kills the Rancor the jailer cries because they were in love and the next night they were meant to elope together.

Twed

Z

AsparagusTrevor

In the Twilight films Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had surprisingly unconvincing chemistry for two people who were actually an item in real life.

Dex Sawash

Custard

The Fifty Shades ones. Hated each other too, apparently

Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn. Also hated each other

Philip Seymour Hoffman being able to pull Marisa Tomei seemed like a massive stretch. Before The Devil Knows You're Dead is great, mind

I don't buy into Amy Adams and Henry Cavill in Superman, either. Though maybe that's more bad chemistry

Icehaven

Quote from: Shameless Custard on March 23, 2018, 11:22:22 PM

I don't buy into Amy Adams and Henry Cavill in Superman, either. Though maybe that's more bad chemistry

I don't buy into Amy Adams and anyone.

Custard

I'd buy into Amy Adams and me

And I've asked a few times now. No reply

Icehaven

Quote from: Shameless Custard on March 23, 2018, 11:27:27 PM
I'd buy into Amy Adams and me

And I've asked a few times now. No reply

Well there you go, I'm right.

Steven

Woody Allen and anything that isn't an elderly Jewish lady, apparently.

pigamus

Mango Chimes

La La Land Bloke and Woman. Hardly least appealing ever, but the film asks you to see them as a love for the ages and they're two blocks of nothing.

Custard

Oh, and an obvious one - Anakin and Padme

Though I blame that on the course sand, myself

newbridge

Quote from: Shameless Custard on March 24, 2018, 12:04:32 AM
Oh, and an obvious one - Anakin and Padme

Though I blame that on the course sand, myself

5-year-old Phantom Menace Anakin and 38-year-old Natalie Portman was scintillating though.

Attila

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Attila on March 24, 2018, 08:06:52 AM
Best episode of Green Acres ever.

I laughed (then realized I meant Buddy Ebsen)

George White

Hillbillies and Acres were  in the same universe, or tri-state area. See also Petticoat Junction

Attila

Quote from: George White on March 24, 2018, 09:59:57 AM
Hillbillies and Acres were  in the same universe, or tri-state area. See also Petticoat Junction

Yeps -- I suspect Dex and I were raised on reruns of all of them (I'm not quite old enough to remember them first-run). All three had excellent theme tunes, as well. Of the three, Green Acres is the place to be was my favourite.

famethrowa

Oooh! I can win this one, Ricky Gervais and Jennifer Garner in that Lying movie. She's got a crook haircut and a rough head and he just does what he do.

greenman

Quote from: Mango Chimes on March 23, 2018, 11:55:43 PM
La La Land Bloke and Woman. Hardly least appealing ever, but the film asks you to see them as a love for the ages and they're two blocks of nothing.

He needed his Blue Valentine haircut.

newbridge

magval

Joey Lauren Adams and Ben Affleck as a pair of assholes.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Woody Allen and Diane Keaton worked in the universe of those films. Woody Allen isn't appealling no, but you can't claim they had no chemistry.