Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:58:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Least appealing on-screen couples ever

Started by Icehaven, March 23, 2018, 10:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal. It's just so... unnatural.

Gulftastic

Katherine Heigl and Alexis Bledel in 'Jenny's Wedding'. Through a combination of conservative film making and the utter lack of any kind of chemistry, I had no problem whatsoever believing that all their friends and family thought they were just room mates.

Cerys

Sin Agog

Dex Sawash

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I think there's a fairly sizeable history of real life Hollywood couples demonstrating no chemistry on screen. I've not actually seen it, but I remember Cruise and Kidman's lack of spark being mentioned in reviews of Eyes Wide Shut. Unsurprisingly perhaps, given that they divorced not long after.

Phil_A

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on March 25, 2018, 07:19:04 PM
I think there's a fairly sizeable history of real life Hollywood couples demonstrating no chemistry on screen. I've not actually seen it, but I remember Cruise and Kidman's lack of spark being mentioned in reviews of Eyes Wide Shut. Unsurprisingly perhaps, given that they divorced not long after.

See also George Clooney and Renee Zellwegger in Leatherheads, Clooney's massively disappointing attempt at a screwball romantic comedy.

Also Zellwegger and Ewan McGregor in Down With Love.

Bazooka

Jack Black and Kate Winslet in the popcorn classic The Holiday.

Keebleman

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on March 25, 2018, 07:19:04 PM

Well, as the whole point of Eyes Wide Shut is that the characters' marriage is pretty crap in the bedroom department, any spark would have had to be digitally removed anyway.