Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:44:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Irvine Welsh

Started by magval, March 25, 2018, 05:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terryfuckwit

Quote from: Kryton on August 24, 2019, 10:58:12 PM
Aaah right, maybe it's time for a re-read.

Who did Begbie kill in Dead Men's trousers?

An actor (I think that's Dead Mens) and he nearly kills that detective cunt

Kryton

Quote from: Terryfuckwit on August 24, 2019, 10:59:07 PM
An actor (I think that's Dead Mens) and he nearly kills that detective cunt

Remind me?

Terryfuckwit

Quote from: Kryton on August 24, 2019, 11:00:32 PM
Remind me?

There's some famous American actor and (I think) he is playing a role for which he's studying Begbie. He might be playing him in a movie, I can't remember. Anyway things take a turn in Begbie's mind and he pushes him off a cliff.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I only read it recently so I remember. Chuck Ponce (oh yes). An actor who met him in prison while he was researching a film role. He said he would meet up with Begbie again on the outside, but he didn't for a long time, and Begbie took that as an insult.

Detective cunt is somebody that Begbies wife went to school with, and he still has a crush on her, so he stalks her. He also knows Begbie's true nature as a psycho.

Terryfuckwit

I love the stuff with Renton and his parents finding out he's on heroin in Skagboys. I'm probably gonna read that bit now and edit this post.

Renton, describing the people he encounters at the Methadone clinic struck a particular chord with me:

QuoteSome ur bams, pure and simple. If it wisnae skag it would've been something else. Most urnae, thir just ordinary boys who've drugged themselves intae nothingness tae avoid the shame ay daein nothing. Boredom has driven them crazy, drug crazy. By and large, they keep aw this inside, maintaining the mask ay composure through fierce, mocking talk and gallows humour. They cannae afford tae care, and ken if they front apathy for long enough, it'll soon embrace them. And they're correct.

Terryfuckwit

Begbie kills Victor Syme in DMT too