Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:29:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Vindaloo Big Knockered Woman Question. Might be NSFW at some point.

Started by yesitsme, March 26, 2018, 11:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yesitsme

I've become pretty obsessed with Paul Gascoigne over the past few weeks.  Watching youtubes of the goals, interviews and the several docos about arguably the best footballer this country has ever produced.

Needy, selfish, a crackpot yes - but what that lad could with a ball at his feet... genius.

Anyway, going down the Youtube rabbit hole took me to Euro96 and then Three Lions (still makes the hairs on the back of neck stand up) and then the wholly shite Vind-er-loo-nah-nah.

Keith Allen really is a cock of the highest order isn't he?  How World in Motion keeps getting mentioned as the 'best football song ever' is beyond me (that's either My World is a Football, Here we go Again or The Lion of Vienna, anyway).  In between him twatting about, yer Paul Kaye acting the cunt, yer fat blokes, yer Rivron and the rest there's a woman stoting about with her charlies half hanging out.

Who is she?  Is she famous or just a large charlied woman?  They could arguably be the best charlies this country has ever produced.

Asking for friend of course.

Bazooka

Can't help you there, but for the obvious thread, only just realised it's Paul Kaye in the video, been at least 10 years since I watched it mind.

biggytitbo

I'd forgotten how awful that video is, makes me sad Matt Lucas is in there.

I like it when John Lydon shouted at Keith Allen during an award ceremony -  "You're a wanker. You turd! Boo!", which is a pretty accurate summary.

Danger Man

Lily Allen is in the video. But I don't think she has large breasts.

ajsmith2

Fucking depressing song. I was just slightly too young to really properly enjoy Britpop to it's full potential, and by the time I'm fully aware it's mostly over bar honking farts like this one, trying to revive the parochial communal spirit of Parklife like a drunk person mounting a corpse. The reason I reply here is that, along similar lines, I swear I recalled that amongst the Fat Les entourage used to promote this song on Top Of The Pops and the like, was a woman dressed up to resemble, but who wasn't actually, Justine Frischmann circa 1995 except more trashily attired, tits out, mindlessly moshing along like a laddette drone, a sad parody completing the spectacle of the whole thing being a grotesque simulacra of the positive aspects of Britpop from 4 years previous, now being served up cold and rotten to poor sods like me who didn't grab it when it was hot.

I was thinking that this Justine F lookalike I recalled and the titular woman in this post may be one and the same; However, on scanning through the available performances of the song online, I couldn't locate a Frischmann lookalike, so I may have imagined this, or I just didn't look hard enough.

Paul Calf

Neomod

Thinking of it purely as an art investment, I bought the cd single of this from Tower Records in Camden as Damien Hirst had signed it.

Unfortunately so had Keith Allen rendering it worthless. Actually I lost it so never found out if I was sitting on a goldmine.

The video indeed displays the worst excesses of the 90's Loaded era. Embarrassing.

Small Man Big Horse

yesitsme

Quote from: Paul Calf on March 26, 2018, 12:21:49 PM
Really?

Fucking hell.

Yeah, who doesn't get a churn in the stomach at the '..and when the boy Line-acre scored..'

It's not the song, how could it be?  It's awful but the memories of that Summer are so etched in my mind.  A BBQ for the Spain game attracted pretty much the crème-de-la-crème of M38's high society.  The sun shone down, I copped off with Michelle (she was lovely) and as the day turned in to night we rounded the evening off chucking the uneaten burgers at the neighbour's back windows. 

He saw the funny side thankfully.

Every time I hear 'it's coming home' it all comes flooding back.

Yeah, Three Lions.

The reason I posted this today was the taxi driver had Talksport on. 
Tradepoint! Tradepoint!
One job something something Tradepoint!
Tradepoint!

Not that I would ever shop there anyway but I won't now.

Quote from: Neomod on March 26, 2018, 12:24:52 PM
Unfortunately so had Keith Allen rendering it worthless. Actually I lost it so never found out if I was sitting on a goldmine.
I once went to a party where Keith Allen was also going to be a guest. I thought it would be at least 'interesting' to find out what he's like. Sadly, Mr Allen turned up before me, stole 'borrowed' the host's car and fucked off for a long weekend. Maybe he's a total delight.

ajsmith2

Quote from: yesitsme on March 26, 2018, 12:38:17 PM
Yeah, who doesn't get a churn in the stomach at the '..and when the boy Line-acre scored..'

It's not the song, how could it be?  It's awful

I'm Scottish and I hate football but I like the tune of 'Three Lions'. Great wistful Kinks-like verse melody.

Blue Jam

Malcy

Quote from: ajsmith2 on March 26, 2018, 12:41:34 PM
I'm Scottish and I hate football but I like the tune of 'Three Lions'. Great wistful Kinks-like verse melody.

Likewise, think it's a great song.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Blue Jam

Three Lions? Vindaloo? Black Grape's England's Irie pisses on both of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNqqEi6oGbo

Keith Allen is on that one as well...

Bhazor

My best guess for boob lady is Sara Stockbridge. She's the only credited woman in the Vinderloo video on IMDB and did have a surplus of tit.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: ajsmith2 on March 26, 2018, 12:41:34 PM

In Richard Herring's 1996 play, Punk's Not Dead,  a character sings the chorus "Sea Lions on my shirt" and then does a sea lion honking impression of David Baddiel's line. The Lydonesque character responds with "I hate that song, sounds like the theme to The fucking Wombles."

Apparently, Skinner saw the show one afternoon and after the show sidled up to Herring in the Pleasance Courtyard and quietly sung in his ear, "Underground, overground".

Blue Jam

I was always amused by the lyric "We're going to score one more than you!" I liked to imagine that Alex James and Keith Allen actually thought that was the object of a game of football because they didn't have a fucking clue.

Bhazor

The lads at vintage erotica had a go a couple years back and those seasoned wankers believe its glamour model and penthouse pet Donna Ewin.

Vodka Margarine

Mention of this video reminds me of the time my best pal and I were watching my compilation of indie videos I'd lovingly taped off MTV when I should've been revising. The Verve were his favourite thing in the world and for the first few seconds of what he honestly believed to be Dickie Ashcroft about to do his malnourished shoulder bonking psychopath street thing he nearly pissed himself with excitement. Then the faux military drums and all that unfunny ironic oo-er-missus-do-you-put-the-kettle-on crap kicked in and he got properly furious with me. What to say. Left it on record without noticing? Thought it was Bitter Sweet Symphony to start with but couldn't get the stop button to work? No it's good this, it must be because Damien Hirst directed it? Perhaps "but there's some massive tits on this and I'm not talking about Keith Allen and Alex James" would've swung it.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 26, 2018, 01:03:12 PM
I was always amused by the lyric "We're going to score one more than you!" I liked to imagine that Alex James and Keith Allen actually thought that was the object of a game of football because they didn't have a fucking clue.

Vindaloo was parodying the banality of football records though. It comes over as this jingoistic number but is also having a poke at little Englanders by celebrating the fact that the Nation's favourite dish was curry. Having said that, it's one of those comedy tricks that has its keema nan cake and eats it. 

But yes, tt is good that we've all moved on from that Nineties lad culture now.     Oh.

Famous Mortimer

It makes me feel good to realise there's people who hate Keith Allen as much as I do. Thank you CaB.

BlodwynPig

Hated britpop and lad/ladette era, but glad it happened as it kept me old man grumbling through the best decade of my life.

Blue Jam

Brundle-Fly

yesitsme

That Alex Jones is a bell too.  I'd like to see him fall in to one of his farm yard machines and come out of the other end in rapid-fire bite size chunks.

I caught him on that Sunday Channel 4 Cunt's Parade once talking about cheese and how he'd made some from his wife's breast milk.  How he broached the subject of that I'll never know but at least Tim Lovejoy ate some so I suppose it was worth it.

Yeah, I can imagine him and yer Keef Allens of this world sat around congratulating themselves on spoofing the terrace 'humour'.

I never found The Comic Strip funny anyway.

Or Blur.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: yesitsme on March 26, 2018, 01:58:57 PM
That Alex Jones is a bell too. 

Was he behind Fat Les? That's the greatest conspiracy theory yet.

imitationleather

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on March 26, 2018, 02:12:29 PM
Was he behind Fat Les? That's the greatest conspiracy theory yet.

Keith Allen, Alex James and Damien Hirst.

The dream team 4 cunts.

buzby

Quote from: Bhazor on March 26, 2018, 12:56:49 PM
My best guess for boob lady is Sara Stockbridge. She's the only credited woman in the Vinderloo video on IMDB and did have a surplus of tit.
It's not Sara Stockbridge. She's blonde, is one of the french maids in the Vindaloo video, and was the 'star' of the follow-up Naughty Christmas (she was also in the Hirst/Allen video for Blur's Country House, alongside Jo Guest and Vanessa Upton).

Quote from: Bhazor on March 26, 2018, 01:10:15 PM
The lads at vintage erotica had a go a couple years back and those seasoned wankers believe its glamour model and penthouse pet Donna Ewin.
This is probably correct, as she was also a semi-regular in the Fast Show (she's Higson's other half in the 'shagging couple next door' sketches):

She also very briefly appears in the Naughty Christmas video too, wearing a leopard print dress. She's a London taxi driver now, apparently.