Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:10:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Vindaloo Big Knockered Woman Question. Might be NSFW at some point.

Started by yesitsme, March 26, 2018, 11:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brundle-Fly

Naughty Christmas is pretty much an indefensible cash-in too far but I do like the middle eight.  Joe Strummer also makes an appearance.

biggytitbo

For all the regrettable Vindaloos I still prefer the 90s because they were so deliciously politically incorrect.

Jockice

Keith Allen is second only to Cilla Black as my most-hated showbusiness personality of all time. That is all.

Sebastian Cobb

Aside from Vindaloo I'm not even sure what Allen has done. And that was over 20 years ago. What is point of him?

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 26, 2018, 07:53:43 PM
Aside from Vindaloo I'm not even sure what Allen has done. And that was over 20 years ago. What is point of him?

He's quite a good actor.

wosl

The guy can act when he puts his mind to it.  I remember him being good in Bill Douglas' film about the Tolpuddle Martyrs (although it's been decades since I saw that, and it might not hold up to a re-watch). And when he's out by himself he's all right, I'm sure.  I walked past him the winter before last in New Street, Birmingham - he was in a play run there - and he looked quite serious and lost in thought and quite a sensitive thesp, with a medium beard and togged out in a nifty blue puffa jacket.  Just walking quietly along he was, not doing a wanker-sign or waving a wad of Damien Hirst's cash about or anything.

Vodka Margarine

I last saw him in an episode of Uncle, surprisingly enough playing a complete bastard.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Always likes to be naked, too. Had to be censored on that Blur video. Sired Lilly. Wrote and performed in easily the least funny " Comic Strip" episode ever, against some stiff competition. Typing in Keith Allen Being An Arsehole on YouTube will yield many a result. 

Point of him ? To be glad you're not him, maybe.

Sebastian Cobb

None of that sounds good or lucrative enough to be able to spend the last 30 years just titting about.

biggytitbo

He also made that mediocre Princess Diana conspiracy film which had minimal good info and was mainly a Mohanmed Al Fayed vanity piece.

Brundle-Fly

A cursory look at his IMDb page he seems to have kept himself busy enough. Allen also does theatre work, writes and produces. I always enjoy his docs with VLS's company.

biggytitbo

I have more time for VLS. He's the man who could bring the BBC down, if he's true to his word.

wosl

Quote from: the on March 26, 2018, 08:22:17 PM

I haven't even Photoshopped that.

How long does he gesture like that for? Might that be a nod towards this?

ajsmith2

I do enjoy the faces he pulls in the Country House video.

I also enjoyed in a voyeuristic, trashy, morality spurning way the Lauren Harries tv programme he made circa 2004. Would probably just seem exploitative and depressing in the cold light of 2018 though.

Quote from: Bhazor on March 26, 2018, 12:56:49 PM
My best guess for boob lady is Sara Stockbridge. She's the only credited woman in the Vinderloo video on IMDB and did have a surplus of tit.

The 80's metropolitan thinking man's crumpet

#vivwestwood #id #theface #peteryork #paulmorley #barrykamen #buffalo

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 26, 2018, 05:17:59 PM

The mistake the song makes is by focusing so intensely on this one method of ensuring victory in an association football match - 'scoring one more' goal than the opposing team, it implies this is the only way to secure victory in such a match when it isnt. Statistically speaking it is probably the most likely scenario - 1-0 and 2-1 are the most common winning scores, but it is by no means the only way, scores such as 2-0 and 3-1, where the victorious side scores 2 more goals than their opponents, are also extremely common.

You can also win a match by scoring zero goals. If your opponent has more than 4 players sent off then your team is automatically awarded a 3-0 victory.

I'm not much of a lyricist but something like 'We're gonna make you forfeit the match' could arguably have worked as well.

buzby

He was half-decent in the late 80s/early 90s comedy drama series Making Out, playing the owner of an electronics factory who was having an affair with one of the production line staff. Unfortunately it was during filming in Manchester that he hooked up with his old friend Tony Wilson and was enlisted to help write the lyrics for World In Motion, and then got Sumner and Hook involved in the Groucho Club scene (which nearly did for Bernard).

He also directed the video for New Order's Ruined In A Day, described by Stephen as 'Buddhist Give Us A Clue'  and so well thought of that they haven't uploaded it on their official Youtube channel.

In Alexei Sayle's memoirs, Keith Allen is a recurring figure who constantly makes a cock of himself and  causes mayhem, which inevitably falls to Alexei to try and sort out (usually after Allen has done a bunk out of a window).

purlieu

Quote from: purlieu on March 26, 2018, 05:29:58 PMThen they did that version of 'Jerusalem' as Fat Les 2000, which was a very strange choice
Ah, apparently
QuoteThe recording was partly a reaction to the appropriation of the hymn by far right political groups. Keith Allen chose the London Community Gospel Choir and London Gay Men's Chorus to feature on the track.
Shame the next single featured Keith Allen doing his 'camp gay man in a pink suit' act
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoxGxbBUWPU

Blue Jam

He can act, to be fair, and he's also quite a good interviewer- his interviews with Keith Floyd and Mikey "Lotto Lout" Carroll are rather watchable.

I wonder why he hasn't tried to go further with the acting and TV work...  and then I remember his more lucrative "career" at the Groucho (he was repeatedly barred but always allowed to return, possibly due to popular demand from other members...).

"Keith" is a very LEGEND GARY name isn't it? If any band or other small collective has a member called Keith chances are they're the resident Gary.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on March 26, 2018, 09:32:39 PM
You can also win a match by scoring zero goals. If your opponent has more than 4 players sent off then your team is automatically awarded a 3-0 victory.

I'm not much of a lyricist but something like 'We're gonna make you forfeit the match' could arguably have worked as well.

We're going to have 4 less men sent off than you and thus automatically win the match 3-0 due to a forfeit, is actually an excellent lyric.

Dr Rock

I like Fat Les and thought at the time it was a great way of celebrating football (which I don't really like) and the nation's love of Vindaloo (which I don't really like). It seemed like we had come a long way to get to that point and in retrospect was a very optimistic time and it's sad that I can't see such optimism on the horizon... anyway I still like the song and the video and I also like the other Fat Les song and I even don't care either way about Keith Allen. So there.

Dr Rock

Keith Allen gets put in a meat mincer and turned into a hamburger in Kingsman: The Golden Circle.

PaulTMA

Haven't read this thread yet but when I saw the title I assumed it meant they'd found an unpublished Steven Wells novel

buzby

Briefly turning back to the thread subject, the lady in question also appeared in the recreation of the video for their TOTP performance, which required censoring as she presumably fell out of her dress (@3:09, you mucky pups).

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Our entire Maths class walked up three blocks to our classroom while belting out Vindaloo. The welcome we got at the top was a classic teacher/pupil confrontation for the ages.

Vindaloo is ridiculous and silly and I find it difficult to dislike.

gib

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on March 26, 2018, 01:22:20 PM
Vindaloo was parodying the banality of football records though. It comes over as this jingoistic number but is also having a poke at little Englanders by celebrating the fact that the Nation's favourite dish was curry. Having said that, it's one of those comedy tricks that has its keema nan cake and eats it. 

But yes, tt is good that we've all moved on from that Nineties lad culture now.     Oh.

I've forgotten what the question was but did you catch this last time round?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe5EmkYUlDU

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: wosl on March 26, 2018, 08:02:34 PM
The guy can act when he puts his mind to it.  I remember him being good in Bill Douglas' film about the Tolpuddle Martyrs (although it's been decades since I saw that, and it might not hold up to a re-watch). And when he's out by himself he's all right, I'm sure.  I walked past him the winter before last in New Street, Birmingham - he was in a play run there - and he looked quite serious and lost in thought and quite a sensitive thesp, with a medium beard and togged out in a nifty blue puffa jacket.  Just walking quietly along he was, not doing a wanker-sign or waving a wad of Damien Hirst's cash about or anything.
The film is called Comrades and is sprawling, but excellent. Bill Douglas had an ethereal touch and his Childhood Trilogy is simply magnificent, well, the first two certainly are.

Brundle-Fly

Suky

Quote from: Jockice on March 26, 2018, 07:51:50 PM
Keith Allen is second only to Cilla Black as my most-hated showbusiness personality of all time. That is all.

Isn't he worse for having sired Lily Allen? And she could give birth to someone even more horrible.