Author Topic: James Acaster  (Read 18618 times)

Re: James Acaster
« Reply #150 on: January 16, 2019, 09:54:31 AM »
James Acaster is a very good comedian but he was rude to me after a gig circa 2013 and I've never been able to enjoy his comedy since.

Maybe you are an arsehole. Did that cross your mind?

« Reply #151 on: January 16, 2019, 12:01:45 PM »
James Acaster is a very good comedian but he was rude to me after a gig circa 2013 and I've never been able to enjoy his comedy since.

Funnily enough, this actually make me enjoy his comedy more.

« Reply #152 on: January 16, 2019, 01:10:10 PM »
Acaster held the door open for me once.
Said thanks and he said no problem.

A dull exchange undoubtedly, but one that shows his basic politeness.

#teamacaster

Twed

• I need you so, Medieval Zone, you don't need me
« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2019, 04:19:46 PM »
He should host a podcast via the Acast platform

Jerzy Bondov

• Coffee goes in, sarcasm comes out!
    • righto so ive got five minutes off work and uh yeah im gonna have a cheeky volvic
« Reply #154 on: January 16, 2019, 04:21:12 PM »
He should host a podcast via the Acast platform
He does! https://play.acast.com/s/offmenu

Twed

« Reply #155 on: January 16, 2019, 05:27:16 PM »
What was his name before?

Twed

« Reply #156 on: January 16, 2019, 05:27:42 PM »
Probably James iTuneser.

« Reply #157 on: January 16, 2019, 05:47:23 PM »
James is an odd name too, when you look at it. Plural Jame. No wonder he's a comedian!

« Reply #158 on: January 16, 2019, 05:58:51 PM »
Maybe you are an arsehole. Did that cross your mind?

I really wasn't. I told him how much I'd enjoyed the show, thanked him and wished him all the very best - Just as I have with dozens of comedy acts over the years. He was the only one to simply silently stare blankly at me for what seemed like an eternity before turning his back. I'm not saying he's always a rude cunt but he definitely was to me that night.

« Reply #159 on: January 16, 2019, 06:01:23 PM »
I really wasn't. I told him how much I'd enjoyed the show, thanked him and wished him all the very best - Just as I have with dozens of comedy acts over the years. He was the only one to simply silently stare blankly at me for what seemed like an eternity before turning his back. I'm not saying he's always a rude cunt but he definitely was to me that night.

Hold on. You're not Alex Horne, are you?

« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2019, 06:55:49 PM »

Have you considered the possibility you were invisible?

« Reply #161 on: January 16, 2019, 10:25:41 PM »
Have you considered the possibility you were invisible?

Holy shit! I did go to the venue that night via a secret laboratory with all blue lightning and smoke emanating from it so it's not out the question.

« Reply #162 on: January 21, 2019, 11:43:54 AM »
Saw a preview of Cold Lasange, Hate Myself 1999 last night. Excellent, superb, brilliant. His best stuff yet. I've always been impressed by his work, but the subject matter was a little too whimsical at times for me, dwelling on a silly premise for a long time. This new show is a lot more personal, but still retaining the style and writing that have put him on such an elite level. It's progression that could send him into the stratosphere. Definitely recommend you all go see it later this year.

Want to echo this, really fantastic show. Would put it well above anything I saw in 2018. Glad I got to see him do it in a room above a pub setting too, he has such a great intensity to his stuff that I have to assume gets lost a bit in a big theatre

Blinder Data

• Use your library
« Reply #163 on: January 21, 2019, 12:13:24 PM »
Shut up, i delayed getting tickets for the extra show they added due to the first one being sold out, and now that that show is sold out, i do not need to hear about how great the show is

« Reply #164 on: January 21, 2019, 03:37:40 PM »
Want to echo this, really fantastic show. Would put it well above anything I saw in 2018. Glad I got to see him do it in a room above a pub setting too, he has such a great intensity to his stuff that I have to assume gets lost a bit in a big theatre

I saw it in November when he did a run at a theatre and it was still quite intensely intense.

The row of banter lads behind us didn't like it though. Especially when he went for Brexit.

« Reply #165 on: September 02, 2019, 09:10:18 AM »
Sorry for the bump, but I'm on the lookout for a spare ticket to one of his remaining Cold Lasagne tour dates.
Please drop me a message if you have or know of one.

Ta.