Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:53:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ozymandias: Some Bad News

Started by Serge, March 26, 2018, 09:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

BlodwynPig

poo

checkoutgirl

I'm a bit confused as to why you were treated so dismissively given your medical history and symptoms. Not being able to cross a room without getting out of breath sounded really serious to me, and heartburn keeping you awake everyday is a bad sign. But the topper is that you had cancer 3 times before, and the guy just sends you on your way? The NHS must be completely crippled if your experience is in any way typical.

If there's some place in the world you always wanted to visit but haven't yet and if you have the strength it might be an idea to use the whiparound for that. It makes even more sense considering the amount of time recently that you've spent in Derby.

Wilko was a good reference, diagnosed terminal years ago and still around now at 70. Miracles do happen.

Kelvin

Don't waste the time with loved ones. They already love you.

Spend it shitting down the chimney of ex-bosses.

Terrible news, Serge. My thoughts are with you.

Cerys

Yes - craps in boxes all round.  Dismissive cunts.

Lost Oliver

Really fucking hope tomorrow goes well.

Uncle TechTip

If this ever happened to me, this is how I'd like my response to be. But I know that really, I would curl up in a ball and tell the world to fuck off. You are an inspiration.

remedial_gash

Again we've never had any real interactions, but that sucks - it sounds trite to say it  but best of luck and much love.

Emma Raducanu

I'll be praying for some good news*

*I won't be, but ye know..

ziggy starbucks

Bhazor

Fuck you Serge. Fuck you for making me feel this upset. Dick.

non capisco

Fervently hoping with every fibre of my being for the best possible outcome, Serge, you fucking dazzler, you. 

Hat FM

so sorry to hear. really hope tomorrow brings good news.

Blue Jam

Quote from: checkoutgirl on March 26, 2018, 10:15:35 PMIf there's some place in the world you always wanted to visit but haven't yet and if you have the strength it might be an idea to use the whiparound for that.

Does the Waldorf Astoria do a mixed grill?

NoSleep

Kryton

Best of luck Serge. I admire how you're dealing with this. Stay strong and keep positive.

royce coolidge

Serge,i really hope you get some good news at Leicester,they managed to take a tumour of my mates spine last year when things looked very bad for him,so theres hope,i've enjoyed many of your posts,you are a very interesting man.
             I can't imagine how your mind must be churning over,but from a stranger I sincerely give my love and hope.

Shay Chaise

For whatever it's worth, I don't just have enormous respect for your dignity and good humour and Stoicism, I know I could only ever hope to imitate it. We don't really like any of the same stuff, we've never met, but you're a true hero of this place and everyone knows it. I'll be thinking of you and I will be hoping and praying that there's an option. X

Cerys

Quote from: Bhazor on March 26, 2018, 10:24:10 PM
Fuck you Serge. Fuck you for making me feel this upset. Dick.

This.  I mean, if you will insist on getting cancer again, could you not have posted a happy happy joy joy celebration of all that is lovely?  With kittens, or something?  Pah, I say.  A fine advocate for cancer you are.

Funcrusher

Sorry to hear this, Serge. Love and best wishes and hope the trip to Leicester has a good outcome.

Nowhere Man

I'll join in the chorus of Fucks sakes.

Even with this giant piece of shittery you have handled this news like the eloquent gentleman you've always been. All I can say is that I hope you get some good news and that you're fucking amazing, and I hope you get the chance to eat a billion more mixed grills and read every krautrock book you can get your hands on. You're one of life's good guys mate.

nedthemumbler

As above, you are your usual style lovely bloke even these circumstances.  A credit to you, as is every post in this thread and pound (kerching) in the other.

mothman

OK. So. Everyone's been chipping in to a fund already, and I suspect there'll be more than that to come. That's Serge's, that's safe. Super, smashing, lovely, great. What? he did? Oh. So, a bit inappropriate then. Moving on... I hope Serge will use that money to do whatever he needs, not just living but enjoying himself. Avoiding stress etc. It's not gonna stretch to funding trips abroad for alternative therapies, but if that became an option, could CaB do a Kickstarter or an appeal? This is a high profile place, lots of people in the entertainment world are aware of it (just from seeing who Follows the "new threads" Twitter feed), so that could be used to advantage.

Desirable Industrial Unit

Fuck, bollocks, and all the best.

Crabwalk

I'm so sorry to hear this Serge. Rooting for you tomorrow.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Sorry Serge, good luck with the consultant though and if you get even a half decent chance of an outcome that's not palliative care take it.

Best wishes and thanks for your friendship, this applies now and hopefully when we meet in several years time (not in the afterlife as that would be embarrassing for us both).

Glebe

Oh Serge, mate... this is rather an unpleasant shock. As with everyone else, I've got my fingers and toes and everything else crossed and am thinking positive and hoping that they can sort this fucking thing out. You've battled through so much, and have such determination and a truly inspiring passion for life (music, literature, politics et al). This can be beaten, I won't accept otherwise. In the meantime massive hugs and love and the mixed grills are on me when we finally meet my friend.

Danger Man

It's only a small crumb of comfort Serge but, having read all your cancer threads, I'll be going private for the rest of my life.

If it's any help I could pop over to Derby and do that hilarious joke I did when I popped into your workplace last year.

Anytime is good for me. (Not weekdays or Saturday afternoons)

In the meantime, I hope it's the Aramando Iannucci Show bit where the woman only has thirty years to live. (Couldn't find it on Youtube)

gilbertharding

Yeah, I also want to say 'fucking hell'.

I have no idea how you are seeming to stay so stoical in the face of it all. Good luck, man.