Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:57:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ozymandias: Some Bad News

Started by Serge, March 26, 2018, 09:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An tSaoi

Can't do anything but echo everyone else. I really admire how candid you are about the whole thing. You were very helpful and supportive to me years ago when I had (comparatively infinitesimal) problems, and I'm very grateful. Sorry I drifted out of touch.

On the bright side: at least you've outlived Thatcher.

Cerys

Serge, in case this wasn't already apparent, you are a truly incredible human being, and the world will be a poorer place without you.  In my imaginings I see you taking the hand of the Discworld Death and following him into the adventure.  Make it a good one.  With many Welsh hugs.

greencalx

What everyone else said. With a side order of poo and bum.

Brundle-Fly

You're one of the best, mate. One of the best.

Z

Fuck man, thanks for the update but sorry that you had to give it.

Imo, you totally made the right move to head home for a while at least. One relative of mine hung around a hospital for ages with fuck all happening, retrospectively none of us could figure out why no one thought of just heading home.

Quote from: Serge on April 19, 2018, 07:30:53 PM
hear the next LCD Soundsystem album
Would it make you feel better if I told you I've seen the future and it's a rockabilly album?

Absorb the anus burn

Thanks Serge... You are a brave man. I will think about you a lot.

You are quite wonderful.

x

Desirable Industrial Unit

You know when a birthday card gets passed around a workplace and you're one of the last to sign it?  Everything's been said, I'm adding a limp ditto here really.

They do tend to lowball life expectancy if you're given a figure; whatever they tell you is half what they reckon, usually.  I hope you can get relatively comfy, and that you do fuck all other than enjoying the things you're able to enjoy from this point.

Golden E. Pump

Thank you for everything Serge. I didn't know you well but I wish I had. Whenever you get where you're going, please give JoeyBananaDuck a shake, look him in the eye and just whisper six words:

"Everyone else on CaB - dead soon."

Seriously though, you're an incredibly brave soul and I wish your spirit the very best in all its future endeavours.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

If anyone deserved to do a Wilko Johnson, it's Serge; and if anyone deserved a kick in the cunt it's that doctor who made Serge sit up in his bed and said " Nah, you'll be alright mate."

Barry Admin

I don't know what to say man, it's hard for me to deal with stuff like this, I don't have your fortitude. This is fucking ballacks and unfair. That about sums it up. Stay with us as long as you can.

Black Ship

Fuckity, Fuck, fuck, fuck, Arsebiscuit wank.

That's all I can say right now.

Glebe

Fuck. Fuck it, I'm so sorry to hear this Serge. I know the diagnosis wasn't so great, but this extremely distressing news indeed. I was hoping to finally meet you in Derby... please be present on here as much as you can.

Icehaven

Quote from: Serge on April 19, 2018, 07:30:53 PM
...never have to hear the words 'Harry Potter' ever again.

Alright, no need to brag.

another Mr. Lizard

From a fellow Derby resident, I can only echo what all the other bloody wonderful CaBbers have said and wish you well, Serge.

Your news has hit as hard as anything these past few years - Wilko's suffering, MES's decline, Bowie's passing. I hope you continue to spend time posting here, but we'll all understand if you don't.

Irreplaceable. I'm from Derby, and adore Bowie, Cope, and Can, and therefore tick a fair few 'faux Serge' boxes - but I could never manage the spectacular beard, the wit, the passion, the ability to scoff and appreciate a mixed grill. Or the courage and life you're showing to the rest of us.

dandoystevski

To paraphrase the words of Rich Herring's mate "I am delighted your cancer is back".  To use my own words i am very much the opposite. Do what you can to make life a fucking treat from now on my man, stay frosty and watch the hell out of those birds.

boki

falafel

Harry Potter.

I can't add to what I said earlier in this thread, though I'd like to. I think what we all would really like is for this to not be happening. But look, spring is here after all. I'll get your address and send you an Ed Sheeran box set so you can close your eyes with the sun on your face and start to learn what real love feels like.

Harry Potter.

lebowskibukowski

Nothing more than a lurker on here, really, and have maybe interracted with you once Serge, but much love to you mate.

machotrouts

Quote from: madhair60 on April 19, 2018, 07:35:05 PM
Wank news this.

Take it to the sexual predilections thread madhair60

machotrouts

It's bad that respected forum user Serge is dying, and I'm sad, and I'll SAY it to his fucking FACE right NOW. Respected forum user Serge... it's bad that you're dying... I'm sad

AsparagusTrevor

I can't think of anything to say as articulate or profound as many have said before so I will just say this: it's a total bunch of arse, mate. Bunch of arse.

doppelkorn

I'm sorry to hear this Serge. Mate, you're an example to us all. So often you rise above the petty day to day with your warmth, your enthusiasm and your basic, honest-to-god decency. Make sure your dad knows how much you love him.

You're nearly there.

All my love x

Norton Canes

I was walking through campus yesterday and I saw this tiny white object hanging in the air in front of me, practically motionless, barely falling at all. I got a bit closer and could see it was a feather, a delicate little piece of down that had probably been dislodged from a nest and at that moment, perhaps because of some slight breeze, it was suspended in space, apparently defying the law of gravity. As I stood there watching it eventually began to drift down slowly, settling finally, softly on the ground.

It's been a pleasure knowing you, Serge mate. I hope these days are good.

Fuck cancer.

Brian Freeze

Take care dude,  I'm another mostly lurker but wanted to add my best wishes.

It makes one feel humble when the greatness of others is properly exposed. I hope I have a quarter of your dignity and fortitude next time I stub my toe,  let alone anything serious happen.

hedgehog90

Your cancer's so persistent, Serge, that I almost feel - dare I say - a bit of respect towards it.
I'm not saying it's good, but it's doing a bloody good job of it.
In all seriousness though, I'm so sorry to read your predicament.
I wish you homely comfort, high spirits and good vibes for as long as possible.
Take care.

jobotic

Don't know if you're home yet, but I'm sitting in a park cos I'm early for a meeting and the birds are right giving it all that. Wonderful soundtrack. Hope your window's open.

Kelvin

Wierdly, I associate you more with your wonderfully written, often very funny facebook posts than here. Not sure why.

Either way, it hurts every time we lose a cabber, and it hurts every time we lose someone who makes the world a better place. I hope you have an opportunity to enjoy however long you have left. 

phantom_power

Quote from: Replies From View on April 19, 2018, 07:44:04 PM
I definitely think we should do it as a chain-piss.  Interlocked cocks and arses, the sound of pissing but no visual indication of it at first as it filters through from the back person to the front person, until the person at the front suddenly bursts forth jubilantly with everyone's piss coming out of their one cock.

With that knowledge of anatomy have you ever thought of being a GP?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Norton Canes on April 20, 2018, 09:26:31 AM
I was walking through campus yesterday and I saw this tiny white object hanging in the air in front of me, practically motionless, barely falling at all. I got a bit closer and could see it was a feather, a delicate little piece of down that had probably been dislodged from a nest and at that moment, perhaps because of some slight breeze, it was suspended in space, apparently defying the law of gravity. As I stood there watching it eventually began to drift down slowly, settling finally, softly on the ground.

It's been a pleasure knowing you, Serge mate. I hope these days are good.

Fuck cancer.

Haruki, is that you?

Famous Mortimer

As I'm sure this is what you're really worrying about, hopefully one of those ghost / bigfoot hunting shows finally comes to a conclusion, one way or the other, soon.