Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:43:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Something about quirky/janky Piranha Bytes oeuvre?

Started by remedial_gash, March 27, 2018, 12:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

remedial_gash

Tried to start writing a post about how I bounced off Elex (despite liking the world), and have recently put 20 hours into Gothic 3 over three days despite the combat being shit and it being rated amongst the worst of their games.

The post fell apart due to 'tiredness' but wondered what people thought of the esoteric German developers and their marmite products?

For a twelve year old game Gothic 3 still looks pretty good (with community patches) and while there is a certain amount of stuttering when you re-enter the world even on fairly decent modern rigs, at least you don't go to a loading screen when entering a building.

I'm not sure what I'm trying to say here, the world looks great, the combat is atrocious and it took me about 90 minutes and 18 quick saves for me to clear a dungeon/cave of mediocre bandits, and the quest are kind of shit but I still feel compelled to carry on.

Anyone tried the Risen series? PB general?