Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:22:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Barry

Started by phantom_power, March 27, 2018, 07:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_power

This is a new comedy on HBO starring Bill Hader as a hitman who turns his hand at acting. A slow first episode but it shows enough promise to stick with it, and Hader is great in pretty much everything so there's that as well. The "hitman tries to lead a normal life" has been done a fair bit so it will be interesting to see what they do with it

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: phantom_power on March 27, 2018, 07:58:51 AM
This is a new comedy on HBO starring Bill Hader as a hitman who turns his hand at acting. A slow first episode but it shows enough promise to stick with it, and Hader is great in pretty much everything so there's that as well. The "hitman tries to lead a normal life" has been done a fair bit so it will be interesting to see what they do with it

Slow's certainly the word here. I found it sort of likeable but only the bits with Henry Winkler made me laugh, and I was a bit disappointed overall. I like the cast a lot though (and anything which gives Stephen Root a regular role has to be a good thing) and the creators have a proven track record, so I'm trying to remain optimistic that it'll improve.

Noodle Lizard

This is poor.

Still, "universal acclaim" and a second season.

Z

Outside of the skeleton twins, I like Bill Hader a lot, really not feeling this at all though.

Henry Winkler and Stephen Root too, they're usually pretty good in most things,

rasta-spouse

I've been watching this and not enjoying it, but at the same time imagining how it would be with Shandling in it instead of Hader, who while comic seems lifeless in all his performances.

While watching the end credits I noticed that Sarah Solomeni, the British actress from Him & Her, wrote the latest episode. How'd that happen then?

phantom_power

I think Hader is a pretty big fan of British comedy

bobloblaw

She is a writer too - has had one-offs on BBC1 and Sky