Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:39:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Any interest in a Cambridge meet sometime?

Started by Twit 2, March 27, 2018, 06:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hamfist

I'm not coming I just came in here to tag

Cambridge Paralytica

Bye 👋

Howj Begg

Quote from: hamfist on March 28, 2018, 03:24:32 PM
I'm not coming I just came in here to tag

Cambridge Paralytica

Bye 👋

Cambridge anal-lickout? Ta!

hamfist

DrGreggles

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on March 28, 2018, 03:00:18 PM
Fun fact: the only other Wetherspoons in Cambridge was so miserable that it went and burned itself down out of shame in 2015

And it was still better than The Regal.

Crabwalk

manticore

Quote from: Janie Jones on March 28, 2018, 01:21:17 PM
I understand he went to the Perse school

I went to that sick shit school for five whole blasted years and I never met him so I think you've got that wrong. All posh stuck-up dullard muthafuckers there, got out as early as I could, no way mook ever went there.

DrGreggles

How about a mini pub crawl around the Mill Road area?

Isnt Anything

Quote from: manticore on March 29, 2018, 03:12:20 AM
I went to that sick shit school for five whole blasted years and I never met him so I think you've got that wrong. All posh stuck-up dullard muthafuckers there, got out as early as I could, no way mook ever went there.

no. my own lurking days agree. sorry.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mook+perse+site%3Acookdandbombd.co.uk seems relevant. first three results -

Quote from: Hank_Kingsley on August 13, 2010, 05:29:46 PM
Quote from: mook on August 13, 2010, 04:13:03 PM
dave gilmore
mark saggers
mook

You're a Perse boy?!

I used to be able to shoot my super soaker from my tree house and hit a passing Perse boy, which I did. Often.

Blimey.

Quote from: mook on July 05, 2009, 08:03:51 PMI've made two bonfires today - legal ones mind, on my missus' allotment, not the sort that got me excluded from The Perse. And I've got two more fires to light before bedtime, admittedly one is for a barbeque for a butterflied shoulder of lamb and the other is to hot smoke a trout. Still counts though. FOUR FUCKING FIRES IN ONE DAY! And I've been using a petrol strimmer. I've had a fucking lovely day.

Quote from: mook on May 12, 2010, 09:52:25 AM
No, I attended The Perse. And stop asking me personal questions - are you trying to groom me? Because if you are, please stop. I had more than enough of that happen to me at school.

tho with all those capital letters in those posts we have to query if that was the real mook and not an imposter

pancreas

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 29, 2018, 07:52:18 AM

Now yer talking.

Can we please have some dates asap, recalling how busy and important I am?

manticore

Quote from: Isnt Anything on March 29, 2018, 08:06:05 AM
no. my own lurking days agree. sorry.

I wasn't being serious! Mook's too young to have been at the Perse at the same time as me. Wish he had been, sounds like he livened the place up quite a bit. I used to dream of being excluded but was too timid to do anything about it.

Crabwalk

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 29, 2018, 07:52:18 AM

*Dons Hat of Practicality and Killjoy Gloves*

A bit hard for people to join up if we can't all get there at the start though. Plus, you have all that business of everyone needing to drink at broadly the same pace and then everyone ordering at the same time when you get to the next place. An administrative nightmare among virtual strangers, basically.

Twit 2

I should point out that despite starting this thread something's bound to come up that prevents me from actually going!

shiftwork2

When's this then, fuckos?  Someone needs to take charge.  I nominate anyone who is not me.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: Crabwalk on March 29, 2018, 06:05:33 PM
*Dons Hat of Practicality and Killjoy Gloves*

A bit hard for people to join up if we can't all get there at the start though. Plus, you have all that business of everyone needing to drink at broadly the same pace and then everyone ordering at the same time when you get to the next place. An administrative nightmare among virtual strangers, basically.

How about a micro-crawl? Basically we all go and drink in one pub, and then every 30 minutes we get up and move to a different table. So rather than getting to know a selection of Cambridge pubs we get to know a selection of different parts of the same pub, and get to know it really well. Could work

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: shiftwork2 on March 29, 2018, 06:08:24 PM
When's this then, fuckos?  Someone needs to take charge.  I nominate anyone who is not me.

I'm crap at picking dates so i'll Just start with the days I can't do: this weekend and the next

pancreas

21st April?

I think I'll have to drive down, such is the outrageous cost of rail travel—plus it's hardly any difference in time.

shiftwork2

Quote from: pancreas on March 29, 2018, 06:45:55 PM
21st April?

This works.  Mill Road is a great shout.  There's the White Swan and Earl of Beaconsfield if I remember rightly.  Isn't there a pub around there that keeps pigs in the beer garden?

SpiderChrist

The Empress off Mill Road used to have pigs.  Not been in there for some time, though

Twit 2

DrGreggles

21st works for me too.

Daytime or evening? Or both...

pancreas

Anyone have a burning desire to go to High Table at Kings on the Friday? I can investigate.

Twit 2

Cambridge Meet Saturday 21st April

Lick-outs and beer, possible pub crawl, Mill Road area.

Interested in attending (good number so far):

Twit 2
Andrew Lloyd Wegger
pancreas
shiftwork2
Dr Greggles
Janie Jones
Mr Simnock
falafel
madhair60
Crabwalk

Speak now if you're off the list or want on.

Move

As I don't drink may I suggest we go on a coffee shop crawl instead?
They tend to close earlier than pubs which means I can get home before the ruffians come out
(I am 57)

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Move on March 31, 2018, 08:11:33 AM
As I don't drink may I suggest we go on a coffee shop crawl instead?
They tend to close earlier than pubs which means I can get home before the ruffians come out
(I am 57)

Check this shit out

Isnt Anything

popcorn

You could alternate between cafes and pubs, sobering up between rounds.

Twit 2

Mr_Simnock

Might not be able to make this, on the 21st I am doing a 5k along the prom at Blackpool. The race starts at 1pm and it takes me about (edit) 4 hrs to get to Cambridge so I would probably arrive about 6pm at the earliest. I'll think about it, I am up for staying in a BnB so I can also look round on the Sunday.

Crabwalk

I can't make the 21st, sadly. Hopefully it goes well and there's a sequel some time.