Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,481
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:03:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Any interest in a Cambridge meet sometime?

Started by Twit 2, March 27, 2018, 06:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpiderChrist

I'm too scared to come in case I actually know some of you in real life and you don't like me.

Janie Jones

Quote from: Twit 2 on March 30, 2018, 07:04:32 PM
Cambridge Meet Saturday 21st April

Lick-outs and beer, possible pub crawl, Mill Road area.

Interested in attending (good number so far):

Twit 2
Andrew Lloyd Wegger
pancreas
shiftwork2
Dr Greggles
Janie Jones
Mr Simnock (possibly)
falafel
madhair60

Speak now if you're off the list or want on.

Just to be sure, this is definitely 21 April and it's not going to change? Works for most of us, I think? Sorry it's no good for Crabwalk :-(

For those wondering about timings, I suggest an afternoon kick-off for those who have to leave early and/or frowzy old lushes like me who are happy to drink for hours.

I've been to a few CaB meets and there is nearly always someone who is teetotal in attendance so anyone who is holding off because they are thinking that will be a problem, it won't be.

Twit 2

Well, the 21st seems good for a few of us, so let's stick to that unless anyone objects.

DrGreggles

I'm sure other dates can be suggested and we'll see what the best fit is.

pancreas

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 01, 2018, 01:52:06 PM
I'm sure other dates can be suggested and we'll see what the best fit is.

But how? How could such a process even start?

Crabwalk

Please don't attempt to reschedule on my account if the date works for everyone else! As I said upthread, hopefully it'll be a roaring success and I'll be there to ruin it next time.

Twit 2

Bumping as this is creeping up.

Revised list. I find it confusing putting these together so please correct me if you're not fucking coming.

Twit 2
Angrew Lloyg Wegger
pancreas
shiftwork2
Dr Greggles
Janie Jones
falafel
Move???
madhair60

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I'm still coming, but the erroneous Ds in my name will not be. I'm going through a mildly pedantic phase right now so forgive me

madhair60

That's right before payday so I'll probably be penniless as fuck but I'll scrape something together. Failing that somebody can buy me a drink. "Thanks for all the laughs, madhair"

Twit 2

DrGreggles

Dex Sawash

Quote from: madhair60 on April 13, 2018, 10:37:26 AM
That's right before payday so I'll probably be penniless as fuck but I'll scrape something together. Failing that somebody can buy me a drink. "Thanks for all the laughs, madhair"

Should do a "pub/money advice" thread and a dozen of us will spunk you a paypal tenner

shiftwork2

2pm onwards in the Earl of Beaconsfield?  Can post in this thread if we decide to make it a wee crawl.

Twit 2

Sounds good. What are people who are arriving by train doing about return tickets: open return or a specific time? Not sure how long these things go on for...

shiftwork2

On past form it'll burn on well into the evening.  No benefit in buying advance tickets from your station, an open off-peak return is the cheapest option.

shiftwork2

Bumping this as it's this Saturday.  Who's coming?

madhair60

pancreas

Stoneage Dinosaurs

DrGreggles

Beer Festival - Best in Show! At The Petersfield

20th-21st April

Our Country Fair continues over the weekend with our Spring Beer Festival celebrating local breweries competing to win BEST IN SHOW!

Join us on Friday & Saturday in the garden to sample the beers & vote for your favourite.

*** CAMRA members & locals card holders get 20% off all cask ales & 10% off all keg beers throughout the weekend. ***

The local breweries will be battling it out in 3 categories to be named best in show;
BEST LAGER
BEST PALE ALE
BEST IPA

!!Get a FLIGHT TRAY of the 3 beers in each category for just £3!!
Vote for your favourite at the bar & be in with a chance to win a gallon of the beer you voted for if it wins.

Pop up beer bar will be running in the garden, dispensing fresh, cold, delicious beers for you to sample as well as all our indoor taps

Breweries include Three Blind Mice, Nene Valley, Crafty Beers & Tring

shiftwork2

madhair60

Combination of financially destitute and socially anxious, lads. Probably gonna give it a miss. Sorry.

Twit 2

Would you be tempted if people bought you drinks? Can't speak for others but I will buy you a pint. Unless it's just me and shiftwork again, and others do the same you'll be sorted. As for anxiety - it's CaB! Don't you live in Cam? Some of us are getting trains for the chance of social anxiety!

Blinder Data

If I was anywhere near Cambridge I would be up for this. Shiftwork is a top bloke (as I'm sure everyone else who's going is)

shiftwork2

Nah there's a team of fuck head regulars (angrew, pancreas, that Janie bird) it's not just me and thee. Madhair you are a poster to meet.  You encapsulate CaB with your laconic outrageousness.  Words and pictures.  Fuck the socially anxious do you think we aren't?  And drinks are bought and it does not matter.  What we have here is greater than shitty money and we all know it.

pancreas

Quote from: madhair60 on April 19, 2018, 09:48:22 PM
Combination of financially destitute and socially anxious, lads. Probably gonna give it a miss. Sorry.

Unfortunately you don't have a choice. We need you for ... I'll PM you. We can crowd-source some beers for you.

finnquark

Given that this is at my local, I'd actually like to come, but sadly I'm doing some radio commentary in Grantham at 3. If it's a crawl, post in here and I might be back in time.

DrGreggles

madhair60

Fair fucks it would be fucking thick to not go to the one meet that's where I actually live.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: madhair60 on April 19, 2018, 09:48:22 PM

Haha looser