Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:22:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Any interest in a Cambridge meet sometime?

Started by Twit 2, March 27, 2018, 06:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

Quote from: madhair60 on April 19, 2018, 10:35:51 PM
Fair fucks it would be fucking thick to not go to the one meet that's where I actually live.

Attaboy/dog thing.

shiftwork2

Quote from: finnquark on April 19, 2018, 10:20:10 PM
Given that this is at my local, I'd actually like to come, but sadly I'm doing some radio commentary in Grantham at 3. If it's a crawl, post in here and I might be back in time.

We will, and it will be great to meet you.

I have a funny feeling this is going to be an absolute cracker.  For anyone else who's even thinking of coming along just do it, you won't regret it.  It's just the forum with real people.  If you're comfortable reading and posting you're already part of it.

DrGreggles

Hopefully Paulie Walnuts turns up. He's a card!

DrGreggles

Ooh, there's a big semi on* at 5:30pm.
Might have to coincide that with a pub that has a telly...

*yes, I know I'm childish

pancreas

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 20, 2018, 07:54:05 AM
Ooh, there's a big semi on* at 5:30pm.
Might have to coincide that with a pub that has a telly...

*yes, I know I'm childish

Perhaps you can take your leave of the football sceptics to deal with your semi and rejoin us when you have finished.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: madhair60 on April 19, 2018, 09:48:22 PM
Combination of financially destitute and socially anxious, lads. Probably gonna give it a miss. Sorry.

Me too

Blinder Data

Quote from: SpiderChrist on April 20, 2018, 12:26:12 PM
Me too

Ah mate, they're fun honestly. You won't regret going

I forgot Angrew is going too, my time with him was all too brief but he too seemed like a great bunch of lads

pancreas

Quote from: Blinder Data on April 20, 2018, 01:28:35 PM
Ah mate, they're fun honestly. You won't regret going

I forgot Angrew is going too, my time with him was all too brief but he too seemed like a great bunch of lads

Indeed. I mean, it's a bunch of people who look like they've been picked up as a job lot from a jumble sale. You'd only fail to fit in if you had a pinstripe suit on—and probably not even then.

Twit 2

So does the list I wrote above still stand? A couple of people haven't confirmed but it doesn't matter either way - the more the merrier.

I only know what shiftwork2 looks like. I guess you lot won't be hard to miss. I'll be the bald one looking around in a daze. Is there a code word to utter? Eggdilis?

shiftwork2

Crabwalk

I WISH I WAS COMING TO BE SOCIALLY AWKWARD WITH YOU ALL INSTEAD OF HOSTING SUPPOSEDLY ACTUAL FRIENDS AT MY HOME.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

IIRC from some of the chat during radio time, Crabwalk lives in the same part of the city as me so I've probably walked past him a few times on the way to the bus or something. Though actually knowing who he is would have been alright too

madhair60

I'll be the tall and fat lad in a fucking Undertaker shirt

Twit 2

Ah Christ, I'm shattered today. Burning the candle at both ends. Was driving a boat along the river in the dark with no lights, through Norwich till 2am under the influence. Highly recommended arseing about, but no way to carry on after a week's graft. If I collapse wake me with sticks or carry me aloft on a litter between pubs, THANKS.

pancreas

Quote from: Twit 2 on April 21, 2018, 09:05:27 AM
Ah Christ, I'm shattered today. Burning the candle at both ends. Was driving a boat along the river in the dark with no lights, through Norwich till 2am under the influence. Highly recommended arseing about, but no way to carry on after a week's graft. If I collapse wake me with sticks or carry me aloft on a litter between pubs, THANKS.

No sweat. I have some modafinil.

pancreas

Twit 2

Isn't it Earl of Beaconsfield at 2? My train gets in at 2, so can be there soon after.

DrGreggles

I'll probably be there between 2:30 and 3:00 (depending on the punctuality of the fun bus).
Post on here if you move on from the Earl.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I'm at home having a spot of lunch and I'll be heading in when that has happened.

pancreas

Twit 2

TOO LATE IT WAS 2, WE WILL HAVE GONE BY THEN OR BE THERE BUT DISGUISED

madhair60

I'm heading out now, just getting my knife in case it gets tasty. Should be there for 2.

DrGreggles

Quote from: madhair60 on April 21, 2018, 01:37:50 PM
I'm heading out now, just getting my knife in case it gets tasty.

Yeah, some hipster prick may need help slicing their chorizo.

madhair60

Remember Big balding undertaker motherfucker

DrGreggles

Quote from: madhair60 on April 21, 2018, 01:47:51 PM
Remember Big balding undertaker motherfucker

That fireworks night mnemonic will never catch on.

Twit 2

I'm arriving with shifty we were on the same train by lucky hap. We're both wearing grey, communist

DrGreggles

I'll be wearing a 'fetching'* blue and red checked shirt.

*not sure what that means

Replies From View

I've only just discovered this thread; would have loved to join you all.

In my absence please horizontally display your cocks on beer mats as "spirit levels", including when you walk to the bar and order your drinks.  It is what I would have wanted.

madhair60

I'm HERE WHO IS HERE I DON'T KNOW ANYONE