Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:48:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Far Cry 5

Started by Rolf Lundgren, March 27, 2018, 09:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: bgmnts on September 07, 2019, 01:33:44 PM
The point is, gameplay wise, they are EXACTLY the same. So the setting and characters and all that shite is quite important isn't it? If you're easily bored by doing the same thing over and over again, you need something to get invested in.

Well, the scenery and specific challenges/missions/outposts are what is enjoyable. I'm not defending this as a piece of high art, but it is absolutely fun to play. If you want to moralize about it then go ahead, but I think that sort of misses the point.

bgmnts

I mean i'm arguing against it being particularly fun or innovative or interesting, i'm not really arsed about it not being high art, Ubisoft games are just dull, samey empty worlds with hardly anything to do that matters or is engaging. Especially not for paying the full 90 quid or whatever you have to pay for the full game.

Ferris

It's not innovative, but it is objectively fun. Like the video game equivalent of doritos. I paid $50 for it (30 quid) which is alright for a game these days.

Anyway, I've got a window while my son is asleep so I'm going to blow up some fertilizer silos and fly a plane around like a madman. Then I'm going to play Far Cry 5!!

biggytitbo

I got the Gold edition for cheap, any of the 3 DLC episodes worth playing?

I remember having a go on the blood dragon one for Far Cry 3 back in the day and finding it really shit, so not holding out much hope.

Ferris

Wanted some mindless FPS after a stressful few days, and signed up for the arcade mode on this.

It's fucking brilliant. Fan made, community maps, loads of bots (no need for online multiplayer), loads of little fun bits for no reason. It's terrific.

Bazooka

I only dabbled a little bit in the arcade(got side lined with some other game) but yeah it's really fun.

Brundle-Fly

I've dithered about uploading this. I might after I've finished Rage 2.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Uploading it where bud?

Bazooka

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on February 20, 2020, 01:00:41 PM
I've dithered about uploading this. I might after I've finished Rage 2.

I got about 80% through rage 2 and my save file corrupted, shit for cunts.

Villa_Gorilla

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 20, 2020, 12:29:51 AM
Wanted some mindless FPS after a stressful few days, and signed up for the arcade mode on this.

It's fucking brilliant. Fan made, community maps, loads of bots (no need for online multiplayer), loads of little fun bits for no reason. It's terrific.

I think the Arcade is the best thing about Far Cry 5. The map editor is fantastic, tons of features and easy to use. There's 100s of maps that are better looking and more fun to play than the 'proper' game, so I recommend any fc5 owner to check them out if they havent yet.

I loved playing through FC3 and 4, but I hardly touched the story in FC5, the game world seemed a buggy mess, i jacked it in altogether when a constant AI v AI dog fight started above my head which followed me around for ages, and would stop for a bit when one of the planes crashed into a tree, only for a replacent plane to spawn 5 seconds later above my head and resume the dog fighting. Had no idea who they were or what was going on!

Baffled there were no horses in the game.

Ferris

Quote from: Villa_Gorilla on February 20, 2020, 10:19:55 PM
I think the Arcade is the best thing about Far Cry 5. The map editor is fantastic, tons of features and easy to use. There's 100s of maps that are better looking and more fun to play than the 'proper' game, so I recommend any fc5 owner to check them out if they havent yet.

I loved playing through FC3 and 4, but I hardly touched the story in FC5, the game world seemed a buggy mess, i jacked it in altogether when a constant AI v AI dog fight started above my head which followed me around for ages, and would stop for a bit when one of the planes crashed into a tree, only for a replacent plane to spawn 5 seconds later above my head and resume the dog fighting. Had no idea who they were or what was going on!

Baffled there were no horses in the game.

Yeah it's great, and ironically a lot more fun than the actual game (which I got for mindless FPS fun).

Any favourite maps? I've seen ones online where people (very accurately) recreate bits of cities but I haven't worked out how to play those specific maps yet

Brundle-Fly

Villa_Gorilla

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 21, 2020, 02:46:52 AM
Any favourite maps?

I will check my favorites list later and let you know, I'm on PS4.

Ferris

Quote from: Villa_Gorilla on February 23, 2020, 05:53:12 PM
I will check my favorites list later and let you know, I'm on PS4.

Nice one, I'm on PS4 as well but think they are cross-platform at this point? No idea, I'm obviously very out of date with all this.

Villa_Gorilla

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 23, 2020, 06:13:44 PM
Nice one, I'm on PS4 as well but think they are cross-platform at this point? No idea, I'm obviously very out of date with all this.

Not sure, but I know a lot of maps have been converted to other platforms by modders.

Here's some creators that you can search for, each have made several quality maps:

SETHO-1
dad123457
GingaNinja770
Flying-Spartacus
Eik86NO1
Levi420Taco

And the least average of my own creations is a football stadium outpost called "The Reducer".

Ferris

Had a mad period at work. Nipper asleep, wife out for the evening.

2 tins of lager, will be smashing into this now.

Made a map where it's just a load of cunts at one end with nothing, and me at the other with a shitload of firearms and a laser zapper thing.

This is the mindless fun I signed up for. Will give these maps a go, cheers!

Ferris

The reduced reduced me.

Did it eventually but tripped an alarm but fuck it come on then bring you fuckers bring it

Wilbur

Right you lot. I'm looking for something to do when everyone finally stops accidentally shutting down their remote machine by accident and other home working shenanigans. So I've revisited this thread again and I want to know if its worth paying an extra £10 for the deluxe new dawn edition included with the ultimate bundle. Ubisoft put out so many different editions that its a bit bewildering and I don't want to get slightly but irritatingly annoyed by buying the wrong one like wot I did with Red Dead Redemption.......

Bazooka

Yeah I'd say so, I never played the DLC that's included in that package, it's nothing to write home about I hear. New Dawn is ok, it's obviously just FC5 but smaller, with lots of pink in it, but it's fun and there were some challenging bits.

It's this one right?

https://store.ubi.com/uk/game?pid=5c462fff88a7e33b38290e49&dwvar_5c462fff88a7e33b38290e49_Platform=pcdl&edition=Ultimate%20Bundle&source=detail

That's FC5 deluxe which means main game and all the DLC(weapons and 3 campaigns) and New Dawn deluxe, game and weapons and skins DLC. Gotta catch those skins, so I wouldn't buy New Dawn deluxe on its own just for a couple of guns and skins, but would buy that bundle for that price if I'd never owned either game.

Man I really want a new Far Cry game to come out.

Wilbur

Thanks. Yes that's the one but cheaper on Gamersgate.