Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:26:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

(Jeremy Dyson & Andy Nyman's) Ghost Stories

Started by Blue Jam, March 28, 2018, 06:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveDave

Quote from: olliebean on September 04, 2018, 11:08:12 PM
The original theatrical version of this is back on at the Lyric Hammersmith next year, 30th March - 11th May. In case anyone who didn't see it the first time around wants to compare.

Thanks to you, I've finally got an anniversary present for my wife. I could kiss you if I wasn't banned from doing so through marriage.

NEW PAGE- WIFE BRAGGIN'

Mister Six

Definitely thought it was full of comic bits, particularly the second story. And Tim from The Office carrying around a shit-covered Antichrist was camp as you like. But yeah, it's not really a horror-comedy on the whole, is it?

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on September 05, 2018, 02:30:41 PM
I saw those moments as gallows humour rather than comedy per se, but each to their own. I couldn't get on with Mulholland Drive at all and can't really connect the two movies other than its fragmented structural elements.

Well a common interpretation is that the first chunk of the film is a dream the protagonist is happening that reflects her guilt over having her lover killed; the second is what happened in real life, culminating with her suicide.

So the idea of the "story" being an abstracted fantasy built out of guilt within the mind of the protagonist central to both films.

zomgmouse

Watched this last night and thought it was not too shabby at all. Some proper unsettling moments and the way it all slowly creeps into reality was very well done. The second half of the first twist caught me off guard because I could tell the old guy was Martin Freeman all along but then him turning out to be that devilish character was a surprise. Not sure how I feel about the coma thing but it did fall neatly together and I think it earned it.

One question I had though was how much of it was real? Was he a paranormal debunker at all? At what point in his life did he in fact attempt suicide?

BlodwynPig

Might go tonight (theatre) as im in london. Hope it wont give me heart attack

SteveDave

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 28, 2019, 03:20:36 PM
Might go tonight (theatre) as im in london. Hope it wont give me heart attack

It's not as scary as I imagined it'd be.

It didn't help that there were about 5 empty rows behind me and I was convinced some cunt in a costume was going to spring out and touch my head or something.

BlodwynPig

Wife wants to go to phantom of the opera now. Bollox

olliebean

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 28, 2019, 03:40:22 PM
Wife wants to go to phantom of the opera now. Bollox

Fuck, is that still going? Does it still have a chandelier, or is it just a projection now?