Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:31:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cab Men II: Because fact into doubt won't go

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 29, 2018, 09:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesusAndYourBush

It's still on, I saw it several times last night.  And now as well as the ad with Snoop there's a second version with the same audio track but featuring some sort of puppet instead of Snoop (I forget the exact details).

Icehaven

Quote from: seepage on January 10, 2021, 02:13:52 PM
^ Yes, loads for a while but now gone. Perhaps All 4's decided I've seen enough of it.

It's still on E4 and More4 constantly, but yes mercifully not so much on All4 anymore.

Fambo Number Mive

Just going back to the Tesco naughty list advert, it does feel a bit dystopian that a supermarket is telling people whether their behaviour puts them on the "naughty list". I want Tesco to sell me groceries, not give opinions on people's morals.

monkfromhavana

Don't know what the advert is for, but I think it's aimed at old people.

"There's an APP for it, I really love using the APP"

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 15, 2021, 10:54:01 AM
Just going back to the Tesco naughty list advert, it does feel a bit dystopian that a supermarket is telling people whether their behaviour puts them on the "naughty list". I want Tesco to sell me groceries, not give opinions on people's morals.
I had similar thoughts about that Amazon advert in which the dad whispers "Low prices" to get his baby to sleep. That kid's first words are probably going to be "Prime membership!"

Fambo Number Mive

MAKE ROOM FOR THE MUSHROOMS:

https://youtu.be/FiWi-3hft58?t=964

I think the one in front is their MP, as they have a rosette.

Followed by a rather full on Capital Radio ad. Who does this, who does that.

Gurke and Hare

I get those Freeview Highway ads while I'm watching stuff on the UK TV play smart TV app. I'm not sure who uses that app but doesn't know what Freeview is.

paruses

I thought they had knocked those on the head but used to think exactly the same.

My UK TV has stopped working. I assume something to do with the app. Now I can't watch programmes on nazis or bridges. I genuinely enjoy one of those categories too.

Fambo Number Mive

Intriguing Youtube ad today that started with "Should this [some Zoom lens or something] be made illegal in the UK"

I'm not sure if the ad was for the Zoom lens but it didn't exactly make me want to buy it.

Icehaven

I saw a book advert on TV the other day, which I don't think I've ever seen before. It was for a non-fiction psychology type book which I thought was called Belonging but I've googled and can't find so I've obviously misremembered the title, but it had several authors. Haven't seen it since, and given the repetitiveness of most TV ads I'm starting to think I must have hallucinated it.

JesusAndYourBush

In the "MC Delivery" ad where the girl answers the door wearing a prom dress and the deliverer says "Woah!"... has she dressed up just to answer the door (because obviously getting a MCDonalds is such a great occasion, yawn), or is she going to the prom soon but she's having a McDonalds first?

imitationleather

It'd be a bit out of order at the moment to feature someone about to go out and do something.

Gulftastic

Why have they gone with McDelivery, but not McDrive Through?

Icehaven

Quote from: Gulftastic on January 24, 2021, 03:35:07 PM
Why have they gone with McDelivery, but not McDrive Through?

And why can't we have McTakeaway? Against my better judgement I like some of their breakfast products and I walk right past one on my way to work, but apparently because I'm not in a car, I can't have. McBastards.

Gurke and Hare

I don't understand the vast queues I've seen outside some drive throughs during lockdown. I'm not some anti McDonalds snob, but it's not *that* good, is it? And why not just get it delivered anyway?

Icehaven

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on January 24, 2021, 11:42:22 PM
I don't understand the vast queues I've seen outside some drive throughs during lockdown. I'm not some anti McDonalds snob, but it's not *that* good, is it? And why not just get it delivered anyway?

Possibly one of the only places open, and almost certainly one of the only places open and doing drive through.

Bently Sheds

The Nissan Juke advert pisses me off. First the twat in it is so fucking dense he needs sat-nav instructions to get to his place of work. Then he jumps on a sofa that plummets hundreds of feet, Thunderbirds style, to his secret underground Juke Cave. He gets in the car and drives down a ludicrously long passage but exits from his garage on the ground floor. Then, when the simpleton has managed to find his workplace, he locks his car with his smartphone and blows on the end of it like some fucking Cowboy Gunslinger, as if he's done something really cool but it's a reference only Old People Who Watched And Enjoyed Westerns At The Pictures would get.

dissolute ocelot

I was watching It's A Sin on All4 the other day, and got an advert for It's A Sin on All4. Well done, Channel 4!

Gurke and Hare

When did Ed Gamble start doing all the advert voiceovers?

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on January 30, 2021, 10:20:50 PM

Has Rylan been ill or something?

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on January 30, 2021, 10:08:52 PM
I was watching It's A Sin on All4 the other day, and got an advert for It's A Sin on All4. Well done, Channel 4!

Was it an advert for next weeks episode, containing a spoiler for the one you were watching?  I've seen that happen before.

Fambo Number Mive

Keep getting the Youtube advert with Emily Atak where a big arrow appears next to her with "Emily Atak". If most people won't recognise who she is, why hire her for the advert? I always skip when I see the advert so maybe a massive arrow pointing out who she is becomes relevant later in the advert?

So many gambling adverts on Youtube these days. Pretty grim really, especially considering the increase in poverty and people with little to do during the pandemic.

Icehaven

Maybe it's the channels I watch but there seems to be huge increase in ads for life insurance and funeral plans recently. It's attempting to cash in on Covid paranoia of course, which is unseemly enough, but they lay the guilt on thick too by going on about not leaving loved ones worrying about how they're going to pay for your funeral, which is charming. As if it's not enough that most of us worry if we've got enough money to live, now we're supposed to make sure we've got enough to die too.

spaghetamine

when I'm dead, just kick my corpse into the sea for absolutely free

buttgammon

Quote from: spaghetamine on January 31, 2021, 02:11:27 PM
when I'm dead, just kick my corpse into the sea for absolutely free

You jest, but there is a TV ad for one of those low-cost disposal services that's aimed at people who don't want (or can't afford) a big fuss.

They don't even offer a free Parker pen, the miserable bastards.

I keep getting ads on Spotify for oat milk with the slogan 'you need to talk to yer da about milk' or something. Each ad shows a miserable dad being bollocked by their ghastly offspring about how their boomer milk habit will get them shipped off to a care home before long. Awful business.

paruses

^^ Ahh! I was coming to post about that. For the last week I've had the one where the dad sneaks in and the bargain basement James Acaster son chastises him as a parent would a drunk teenager coming home late at night. It goes on too long too - as if they were so pleased at their role reversal concept.

There's now a second one where two 12-sh year olds meet while one is putting the bins out and exchange some small talk over how things are at home. The conceit being that the problem child is really the 55 year old dad drinking milk with everything. Have to say the two performers in that are really good and it's quite enjoyable.

This is on ITV Hub.

paruses

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on January 30, 2021, 10:20:50 PM

He's not doing the Gordon's Gin one is he? It's come off since Xmas I think but trying to place the voice on it was driving me to distraction. Good well have been him.

gilbertharding

Is Tim Key the voice of Burger King?

A bizarre advert all round - it's set in a world where a branch of Burger King is open, basically.

Fambo Number Mive

HSBC ad:

Person reading a paper with "Will we ever get back to normal" on the front page.

Then text "Why wait for normal? Let's build the new different."

Just fuck off, HSBC.

Is the "new different" the planned closure of one in seven UK branches between April and September this year and the proposed 35,000 job cuts over the next few years?

If so, shove your new different.