Author Topic: Cab Men II: Because fact into doubt won't go  (Read 116195 times)

gilbertharding

• Lipsmackin' thirstquenchin' acetastin' motivatin'
Re: Cab Men II: Because fact into doubt won't go
« Reply #1320 on: April 04, 2021, 10:22:18 PM »
If you're a proper cyclist you'll have a smart turbo trainer and a Zwift subscription... I have no idea how the costs compare.  Neither of these things are advertised on TV.

icehaven

• WORLD'S BIGGEST RIP OFF: $100 PER PERSON
« Reply #1321 on: April 15, 2021, 02:00:26 AM »
Just seen a new ad still using that 'Leddit shiyyyne" song, that's got to be a decade old at least?

« Reply #1322 on: April 15, 2021, 07:40:10 PM »
Saw it mentioned in a different thread in passing but Jessica Knappett is advertising Walkers. But not as herself, as a sort of yummy mummy/hot mess hybrid character. Might just seem weird to me because I see her as a Name now and it seems like she's just jobbing.

gilbertharding

• Lipsmackin' thirstquenchin' acetastin' motivatin'
« Reply #1323 on: April 15, 2021, 09:32:55 PM »
Asim Chaudhry is in an advert for Walkers too - playing a roofer or steeplejack or something. Walkers, innit. They always have big names in their adverts.

What was that booze (?) Jessica Knappett was flogging a few years back?

(isn't 'yummy mummy/hot mess' kind of a good working summary of her comic persona anyway?)

« Reply #1324 on: April 15, 2021, 11:38:57 PM »
Asim Chaudhry is in an advert for Walkers too - playing a roofer or steeplejack or something. Walkers, innit. They always have big names in their adverts.

What was that booze (?) Jessica Knappett was flogging a few years back?

(isn't 'yummy mummy/hot mess' kind of a good working summary of her comic persona anyway?)

Is that Asim Chaudry? I only have half a memory of half watching it.

I think the fact that it's so close to her comic persona but it's not her explicitly playing her comic persona is what makes is jarring. I was thinking about it after I posted it and trying to work out why it stuck out so much. Sanjeev Bhaskar doesn't jar in all those QuickBooks (?) ads and I think he's playing a character in those.

« Reply #1325 on: April 19, 2021, 03:36:42 PM »
Sanjeev Bhaskar doesn't jar in all those QuickBooks (?) ads and I think he's playing a character in those.
Not too sure if Bhaskar is being a character or not (maybe slightly?), but as in The Kumars at No 42 he's good at blending a character with his actual personality, which is probably why he's less awful.

Tags: