Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:53:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cab Men II: Because fact into doubt won't go

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 29, 2018, 09:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

Quote from: asids on April 01, 2018, 08:35:25 PM
She had a number 1 album last year, so yes, she is "big" in that sense although she's not a singles chart topper in the same way as your Ed Sheerans. It helps that she's made sure to get herself on telly as much as possible through The Voice and so on so that her name's always out there. She's well known but I don't how many people are actively fans of her, she's just sort of there.

Fair doos. Still surprised anyone, particularly an ad agency, thinks a cover version of a song called "Make Your Own Kind Of Music" is wise.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Dex Sawash on April 15, 2018, 02:25:15 AM
Hardee's; tastes like America

https://youtu.be/z4r79mfFN9s

Would be brilliant if it was a joke

does all modern C&W have autotune?

Ian Drunken Smurf

https://youtu.be/5dSM0RzrJdA
(Carte D'Or Sunday Lunch ad)

Was a subject of discussion in the pub on Friday night. Any similar ads worth watching on the YouTubes?

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: Ian Drunken Smurf on April 15, 2018, 07:21:08 PM

Was a subject of discussion in the pub on Friday night. Any similar ads worth watching on the YouTubes?

Laughed at the bang on the piano

BlodwynPig

some great supporting actors in that.

Phil_A

Wasn't that Nana Hill from the Harry Hill Show?

DrGreggles

So, these red jumper-wearing Postcode Lottery cunts, are they meant to be famous?

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 16, 2018, 09:49:26 AM
So, these red jumper-wearing Postcode Lottery cunts, are they meant to be famous?
Yeah, they're Whatshischops and Her off the Postcode Lottery adverts.

DrGreggles

I didn't realised they were a double act.
Thanks!

Icehaven

There's a car (well it's more of a Chelsea tractor) ad with a woman going on a series of unsuccessful internet dates then buying the car, the implication being that that's the better option. Obviously there's a lot wrong with the premise anyway but one of the dates involves her looking askance as the man performs a magic trick. I take exception to this, I'd be well impressed if a man could make a fork dance across a napkin, I can't do it. What's wrong with magic tricks? 

paruses

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on April 15, 2018, 07:29:09 PM
Laughed at the bang on the piano

Yes - that always made me laugh.

Who is the son? He looks very familiar?

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 16, 2018, 09:49:26 AM

If I have to hear that song one more time.....

Ian Drunken Smurf

Quote from: Phil_A on April 15, 2018, 08:44:35 PM
Wasn't that Nana Hill from the Harry Hill Show?
I'd wondered if is was the gran from "I fancy your gran" from Little Britain.

yesitsme

What's this 'Ask your voice assistant (bowk) to do the Human Test' bollocks then?

Nope, certainly not and fuck off.

yesitsme

The PPI Radio ads are the ads that keep on giving.

I like the one where the PPIers call the PPiee and tell them they've got some money back and start talking to them like they're a local radio dj and the person has just won £500.00 of Semichem vouchers for saying the phrase that pays.

'What are you going to do with your money*?'
'Oooh, I'm going to book a holiday I can't afford!'

*minus our slice don't you fuckin' worry about that.

Isnt Anything

Quote from: yesitsme on April 27, 2018, 11:51:51 AMWhat's this 'Ask your voice assistant (bowk) to do the Human Test' bollocks then?

Trailer for the third series of channel 4 sf drama Humans. cos i like Humans i think its quite clever although potentially a bit worrying for the uninitiated.

they did something similar without the voice assistant bit for the previous series .... iirc it was a product recall notice for your malfunctioning 'synths' ie androids.

Quote from: yesitsme on April 27, 2018, 11:51:51 AMNope, certainly not and fuck off.

im no fan of those voice gadgets but the trailer card also has a website address which gives the game away almost instantly and has lots of other content that ive not yet been arsed to look at https://www.nsdu.co.uk

if you have no interest in Humans i can see it might be annoying though.

Phil_A

That "sponsor a guidedog" ad with the poor sepsis bloke is a real downer. Try to watch something on FilmFour and it's on every break, sapping a little more joy out every time.

The one with the fella that gets out of prison and then has crippling arthritis is nearly as bad.

Isnt Anything

AND NOW THE FUCKING HALIFAX ARE FUCKING WELL FUCKING UP THE WIZARD OF OZ!!  FUCK OFF YOU CUNTS!!!!

mothman

Halifax have decided to shit all over The Wizard Of Oz in the most egregiously cringeworthy way conceivable.

Icehaven

Quote from: Phil_A on April 28, 2018, 06:06:13 PM

The one with the fella that gets out of prison and then has crippling arthritis is nearly as bad.

Think we discussed this in the previous ads thread but there's actually no need at all for the prison element, the whole ad works exactly the same without the first scene with him leaving jail. If the suggestion is supposed to be ''Well maybe he committed crime because he couldn't keep a job because of arthritis'' then that's a bit shit. 

Isnt Anything

Quote from: Isnt Anything on April 28, 2018, 08:49:16 PM
AND NOW THE FUCKING HALIFAX ARE FUCKING WELL FUCKING UP THE WIZARD OF OZ!!  FUCK OFF YOU CUNTS!!!!

Quote from: mothman on April 28, 2018, 08:50:16 PM
Halifax have decided to shit all over The Wizard Of Oz in the most egregiously cringeworthy way conceivable.

One minute apart in our shared disgust :) ....

♫ I know what youre watching, i know what youre watching. ♫

im round the missuses nans place, whats your excuse ? :-p

mothman

We had wallpaper TV on in the background while convincing our youngest it was bedtime.

yesitsme

Quote from: Phil_A on April 28, 2018, 06:06:13 PM
That "sponsor a guidedog" ad with the poor sepsis bloke is a real downer. Try to watch something on FilmFour and it's on every break, sapping a little more joy out every time.

Always annoy me these ads that pluck at your heart strings.  Yeah, the people need a hand, they have problems with their eyesight but would it hurt to get people who can string two words together?

gilbertharding

Some adverts for a mobile phone firm who will let you roll some of your unused minutes into the next month. Fair enough... so the advert starts with a voiceover (is it David Baddiel?) telling us the USP of the product. Then there's an expensive looking animated cartoon with a toddler trying to return his unworn disposable nappies back to the shop. And here's the voiceover explaining that this is not a thing which you can do with nappies - but it is a thing you can do with this particular mobile phone company.

Very peculiar, it is.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Isnt Anything on April 27, 2018, 05:37:46 PM
Trailer for the third series of channel 4 sf drama Humans. cos i like Humans i think its quite clever although potentially a bit worrying for the uninitiated.

they did something similar without the voice assistant bit for the previous series .... iirc it was a product recall notice for your malfunctioning 'synths' ie androids.

im no fan of those voice gadgets but the trailer card also has a website address which gives the game away almost instantly and has lots of other content that ive not yet been arsed to look at https://www.nsdu.co.uk

if you have no interest in Humans i can see it might be annoying though.

Obviously it was several years ago, and it was on BBC, so no confusing adverts, but the NSDU website reminded me that there was a UNIT website set up during the first series of new Doctor Who which was quite good.

yesitsme

There's a woman, I think she's a scientist or something and she's got to give a lecture to a class or write a thesis on prehistoric life or summat.  Anyway, she can't do it without Alexa, perhaps it's an sdvert for a Lexa?

She asks it a really pert-in-unt qu-est-ion 'Did dinosaurs have feathers'.  She's such an egg head that I thought she might already be able to pos-tu-late if some/they did/didn't but hey look, Lexa has given her a really useful answer that she's going to cut and paste and win the Nobel prize for Dinosaurs.

The thing that really gets me though is she's laughing all the way through.

What are you laughing at woman?

Simpering fuck.  See if Lexa knows when your husband gets home so you can have his dinner ready.

gilbertharding

Quote from: yesitsme on May 09, 2018, 08:32:16 AM
There's a woman, I think she's a scientist or something and she's got to give a lecture to a class or write a thesis on prehistoric life or summat.  Anyway, she can't do it without Alexa, perhaps it's an sdvert for a Lexa?

She asks it a really pert-in-unt qu-est-ion 'Did dinosaurs have feathers'.  She's such an egg head that I thought she might already be able to pos-tu-late if some/they did/didn't but hey look, Lexa has given her a really useful answer that she's going to cut and paste and win the Nobel prize for Dinosaurs.

The thing that really gets me though is she's laughing all the way through.

What are you laughing at woman?

Simpering fuck.  See if Lexa knows when your husband gets home so you can have his dinner ready.

She... hee-hee is an Ar-ha-hah-tist. Sh-heh-heh-ee works in the film industry, ha ha.

She's advertising Bing, the search engine. And is clearly on drugs, which explains both the constant giggling, and the fact that she thinks anyone with a choice in the matter ever 'bings' things instead of googling them.

*googles*

Fuckabout. Her actual name is Brooke Dibble. Let that sink in.

Pseudopath

Quote from: gilbertharding on May 09, 2018, 04:48:46 PM
She's advertising Bing, the search engine. And is clearly on drugs, which explains both the constant giggling, and the fact that she thinks anyone with a choice in the matter ever 'bings' things instead of googling them.

I like to think that Bing is actually some guy in an office frantically Googling everything and trying his best.

Icehaven

Quote from: gilbertharding on April 30, 2018, 03:24:16 PM
Some adverts for a mobile phone firm who will let you roll some of your unused minutes into the next month. Fair enough... so the advert starts with a voiceover (is it David Baddiel?) telling us the USP of the product. Then there's an expensive looking animated cartoon with a toddler trying to return his unworn disposable nappies back to the shop. And here's the voiceover explaining that this is not a thing which you can do with nappies - but it is a thing you can do with this particular mobile phone company.

Very peculiar, it is.

I think there's a sad backstory there about why the parents hung on to unused nappies for 6 years before finally giving up and admitting he's never going to get a little brother or sister so he may as well cash them in.