Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:12:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cab Men II: Because fact into doubt won't go

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 29, 2018, 09:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on December 03, 2018, 09:13:05 PM
I really don't like the amazon one with the girl growing up in a montage to Rod Stewart. Sentimental load of shite.

The Dad looks like Garry Bushell too, which is unfortunate.

gilbertharding

Quote from: icehaven on December 04, 2018, 01:01:57 PM
Has there ever been a perfume ad that isn't a stereotypical perfume ad? And is it the only product that has never (intentionally anyway) used humour to sell it? Get Peter Kay and Chanel on the phone, we could be on to something original here.

The one with Johnny Depp MUST be intentionally funny - right? I mean, the product is only one letter away from being called 'Sausage' for crying out loud.

Most of the other ones remind me of that SNL spoof advert for the perfume Red Flag: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKk91x0Yg7Q

Isnt Anything

Quote from: Isnt Anything on November 10, 2018, 08:30:11 AM
Channel 4 sponsorship bumpers.

tonight i was entertaining fantasies of getting every single one of those bizarre objects - pot plants, chainsaws, traffic lights, etc etc - that ludicrously and seamlessly dive into the sides of that stupid red car, and shoving every single one of them up the bottoms of the creatives who thought of them

'ABSORB THESE, YOU FUCKERS !!!'

Yes.

AND THOSE DESK LAMPS !!!  GET EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE ANGLEPOISE FUCKERS WEDGED UP YOUR RECTUMS YOU BUNCH OF NAUSEATING CUNTS !!!

Cuellar

Quote from: gilbertharding on December 04, 2018, 03:59:48 PM
The one with Johnny Depp MUST be intentionally funny - right? I mean, the product is only one letter away from being called 'Sausage' for crying out loud.

Most of the other ones remind me of that SNL spoof advert for the perfume Red Flag: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKk91x0Yg7Q

What's the deal with this Lloyd's Bank ad with people sticking post it notes on their foreheads and talking about Mental Health. Are Lloyd's going to pump £50 million into national Mental Health services?

mothman

No, if you're mental you get a £5 record token when you open an account with them.

Icehaven

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on December 06, 2018, 08:24:10 AM
What's the deal with this Lloyd's Bank ad with people sticking post it notes on their foreheads and talking about Mental Health. Are Lloyd's going to pump £50 million into national Mental Health services?

It's just bandwagon jumping isn't it? Trying to create an association between themselves and a hot topic so every time mental health issues are mentioned elsewhere (which is increasingly frequent) they spring to mind as well, and positively. Can only be a matter of time before there's some hypocrisy embarrassment though, a customer or disgruntled employee accusing them of discrimination on mental health grounds or something.

imitationleather

Quote from: icehaven on December 04, 2018, 01:01:57 PM
Has there ever been a perfume ad that isn't a stereotypical perfume ad? And is it the only product that has never (intentionally anyway) used humour to sell it? Get Peter Kay and Chanel on the phone, we could be on to something original here.

I saw a perfume ad where the gimmick is that they will print a personal message on the box or bottle whatever for you. The funny thing was they felt the need to say "And we won't judge you... Whatever the message." My mind went into fucking overdrive wondering what sort of creepy filth people are sending to each other on perfume bottles. "Spray this on your fanny please love"? Something even ruder than that? I need to know!

I have a massive feeling I have posted about this before. Fuck it. Been a member sixteen years. All my posts from now on are going to be recycled material.

yesitsme

Quote from: imitationleather on December 06, 2018, 10:56:39 PM
I saw a perfume ad where the gimmick is that they will print a personal message on the box or bottle whatever for you. The funny thing was they felt the need to say "And we won't judge you... Whatever the message." My mind went into fucking overdrive wondering what sort of creepy filth people are sending to each other on perfume bottles. "Spray this on your fanny please love"? Something even ruder than that? I need to know!

I have a massive feeling I have posted about this before. Fuck it. Been a member sixteen years. All my posts from now on are going to be recycled material.

LBG to sponsor Mental Health?

Don't see the black dog - see the black horse!

mothman

This collection of Gareth Hunt Nescafé ad out-takes is a thing of beauty:

https://youtu.be/afxEIyAgjaY

Ornlu

The twee mother-daughter Boots ad with the Robbie cover. Where the biggest and most realistic gesture of maternal affection is to randomly and amateurishly sing a pop cover with a flash-mob choir. "She's me mum! ahhh"

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: gilbertharding on December 04, 2018, 03:59:48 PM
I got some as a prezzie a few months ago and it's honestly really nice,. The trouble is everyone else seems to wear it too. It's a Sauvage fest out there.

gilbertharding

Anyone notice the advert for a savings account brought to you by those good folks at Goldman Sachs?

"Marcus..."

(It turns out Marcus was the given name of one of the eponymous founders of the architects and yet somehow also major beneficiaries of the Global Economic Crisis well known investment bank)

I'm currently reading The Big Short, so the fact that a financial institution like this is touting for business from the little people on their televisions is ringing a few quite sinister bells.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Pseudopath on November 15, 2018, 07:50:34 AM
Elton "Fucking" John? And didn't John Lewis use Your Song (albeit warbled by Ellie Goulding) back in 2010?

HARD BREXIT NOW.

I know it's fucking January, but I heard someone on Radio 4 a few weeks ago pointing out the synergy between Elton Fucking John and John Fucking Lewis. Apparently they're both venerable, beloved British institutions, and they're equally keen on a good Furnishing.

mothman

And he's got lots of unidentified (thanks to that superinjunction) Partners?

Konki

Is the new We Buy Any Car advert insinuating Phillip Schofield is fucking that puppy? Because that's how it appears to me.

Jockice

That electric toothbrush advert that says it's 'inspired by dentists.' Really? Mine's inspired by the Velvet Underground and George Orwell actually.

Icehaven

Quote from: Jockice on January 08, 2019, 07:17:41 AM
That electric toothbrush advert that says it's 'inspired by dentists.' Really? Mine's inspired by the Velvet Underground and George Orwell actually.

I've ranted about the sheer number of toothpaste/brush adverts that seem to be on before, but the stupidest is the one with the dimwit who says, with a shocked laugh ''I didn't even know Oral B made a toothpaste!!'' as if it's the most extraordinary concept imaginable that a toothbrush company would go out on a wild limb and launch a toothpaste range.

buttgammon

I absolutely despise the Oral B advert. It seems to be aimed at people who are massively impressed by obvious statements - surely a group that doesn't actually exist?

gilbertharding

Watching the telly yesterday, the latest Comparethemarket advert made me wonder if the original premise - that the meerkats were complaining about people endlessly confusing the site comparethemarket.com with their comparethemeerkat.com had been forgotten.

"The adverts have been going on for so long," I thought, "there must be people who don't know, or have never known and have never wondered, what the connection between meerkats and insurance is. To them, it's just 'random', or perhaps a 'law of the universe'."

Anyway, according to wikipedia, the 10th anniversary of the first meerkat insurance advert was last weekend. Ten years.

Chollis

Quote from: gilbertharding on January 10, 2019, 02:38:10 PMAnyway, according to wikipedia, the 10th anniversary of the first meerkat insurance advert was last weekend. Ten years.

National treasures

jobotic

Quote from: Jockice on January 08, 2019, 07:17:41 AM

White Light, White Teeth

Sister Ray-diant Smile

Brush brush brush

I haven't done any of these worthwhile puns for Orwell

fatguyranting

There was a new advert shilling overpriced sex toys with a voice over by the Guardian's Grace Dent on the other night. It was shit.

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: jobotic on January 10, 2019, 03:45:56 PM
White Light, White Teeth

Sister Ray-diant Smile

Brush brush brush

Lady Godiva's Extraction

Golden E. Pump

Jockice

Ornlu

Fuck, now we've got a completely unnecessary, resolutely epic and stirring Paloma Faith cover of Go Your Own Way for something or other. We had a brass band interpretation for Sainsbury's or something all throughout Christmas didn't we? There have to be abiding rules for this sort of thing, don't there?

imitationleather

Quote from: gilbertharding on January 10, 2019, 02:38:10 PM
Anyway, according to wikipedia, the 10th anniversary of the first meerkat insurance advert was last weekend. Ten years.

How fitting that they've been a constant presence during the worst decade in the history of humanity.

DrGreggles

jobotic

I'll Be Your (little) Mirror (on a stick)

Sorry, this died and Cuntbeaks won anyway.