Author Topic: Cab Men II: Because fact into doubt won't go  (Read 22857 times)

Re: Cab Men II: Because fact into doubt won't go
« Reply #420 on: February 05, 2019, 04:42:25 PM »
There's that quite obviously dubbed one as well where an white-toothed American (you can tell by the teeth) woman is looking in the mirror.

'have i got yellow teeth?'
her mate: 'yes!'
both: 'HAHAHAAHA'

The fact that they didn't cast Shane McGowan in a wig for that is criminal.

boki

• Defecranium
« Reply #421 on: February 07, 2019, 03:45:53 PM »
I kinda feel grubby bigging them up, but Barclaycard done good with their ad that's currently all over YouTube with the woo woo hippy bollockses and their crystals.

« Reply #422 on: February 08, 2019, 06:21:34 PM »
That Paddy Power advert with Giggs' brother.
Shitting crikey!

Cerys

• Bionic-Arsed
  • Golden Member
  • Cyber Engineered Ravaged Yakking System
    • The Brainwrongs of Cerys
« Reply #423 on: February 09, 2019, 12:04:09 AM »
I'm sure we've done Lloyd's Bank beach horses with a breathy cover of You're Not Alone by Olive but fuck me, it's weird. All the people hugging horses at the end. There is a longer version where you see one man with a very strange look on his face as he cuddles a horse. I punch the air when this is on, it's fucking unreal.

#You're not alone
#We've dumped some horses on your beach

(I can't make these lyrics go away.)

« Reply #424 on: February 09, 2019, 12:04:42 AM »
That Paddy Power advert with Giggs' brother.
Shitting crikey!

Directly references his brother having an affair with his wife.  Remarkable.

mothman

• I don't know why
« Reply #425 on: February 10, 2019, 01:24:19 PM »
It doesn’t seem to be on YouTube yet, but i feel obliged to say I did LOL at the punchline to the new Crunchy Nut Cornflakes ad.

« Reply #426 on: February 16, 2019, 01:12:04 PM »
The latest Absolut vodka and claims that they've gathered up hateful signs and extracted ink from them to be used in an advert to sell vodka

mothman

• I don't know why
« Reply #427 on: February 19, 2019, 07:52:18 PM »
What is it with that weird crouching dance with jazz hands that everyone does in all the Tui adverts? Is it some trademarked dance the “entertainments team” (cunts one and all) make everyone do if you go on a Tui holiday? Because they can get in grave.

Clownbaby

• Megabytes per second must be in the billions
« Reply #428 on: February 20, 2019, 11:04:53 AM »
That holiday advert where the family is doing a rap "the czars of spas and swim up bars/the big kahunas of the beach" annoys me not just cause it's a catchy music bit in an advert but because I can't understand what they say at the very end where it's abruptly cut off. "Shout A to the I these hos are hella bibby"

"Shout A to the I these halls are hella busy"

"Shout A to the I these halls are hella bibby"

Chollis

• Master of Codes
« Reply #429 on: February 20, 2019, 04:12:07 PM »
Dunno about the second bit but I thought it said "these hoes" last time I heard it. I'm sticking to it.

icehaven

• I will be in the bar, with my head on the bar
« Reply #430 on: February 20, 2019, 07:14:13 PM »
What is it with that weird crouching dance with jazz hands that everyone does in all the Tui adverts? Is it some trademarked dance the “entertainments team” (cunts one and all) make everyone do if you go on a Tui holiday? Because they can get in grave.

The first one with the sullen teenager eventually joining her embarassing Mother in doing that dance was even weirder because there wasn't a precedent, so it just looked like they might put drugs in the water wherever they were.

Phil_A

• HE WAS AN ROBOT
    • Chasing The Bumblebee
« Reply #431 on: February 20, 2019, 08:37:11 PM »
That holiday advert where the family is doing a rap "the czars of spas and swim up bars/the big kahunas of the beach" annoys me not just cause it's a catchy music bit in an advert but because I can't understand what they say at the very end where it's abruptly cut off. "Shout A to the I these hos are hella bibby"

"Shout A to the I these halls are hella busy"

"Shout A to the I these halls are hella bibby"

It's "these hols are hella good".

God I hate that fucking advert.

mothman

• I don't know why
« Reply #432 on: February 20, 2019, 09:41:48 PM »
The first one with the sullen teenager eventually joining her embarassing Mother in doing that dance was even weirder because there wasn't a precedent, so it just looked like they might put drugs in the water wherever they were.

I think that was the first of this series of adverts, and I did think it was strange, but assumed it was just their thing, some mother-daughter in-joke (pertaining to the awful dad-dancing the abusive husband/father did, before they murdered him, buried him under the patio then went on holiday). But no, since then there's been a vacationing couple advert, and a whole family advert, and they're all doing it.

... you don't suppose it's some "clever" reference to the dancing crabs in Tui's previous advert, the awful "Ain't Nobody" one, do you?

icehaven

« Reply #433 on: February 20, 2019, 10:52:44 PM »

... you don't suppose it's some "clever" reference to the dancing crabs in Tui's previous advert, the awful "Ain't Nobody" one, do you?

Oh gawd probably. They love all that don't they, "brand recognition."

seepage

• throwing a dog at some goblins
« Reply #434 on: February 21, 2019, 06:23:31 PM »
that cancer advert where the doctor pauses for about 10 seconds before delivering the [good] news - like he's on Strictly or something.

mothman

• I don't know why
« Reply #435 on: February 21, 2019, 07:08:09 PM »
Either that or he's fighting an urge, that's been nagging at him for a while, to say to one of his patients when delivering bad news: "... but, I just got a 99p cheeseburger from McDonalds!"

« Reply #436 on: February 21, 2019, 10:34:07 PM »
Can someone compile a list of all the adverts made in the last few years that feature Busby Berkeley-style group choreography / dance troupes? Because I suspect there to be one fucking million of them

"Look amazed everyone, it's more than one person dancing!". Like it's fucking 3-2-1 or something

mothman

• I don't know why
« Reply #437 on: February 21, 2019, 11:10:57 PM »
McCain’s did one... Compare The Market (Meerkat Movies)... Do all the Gio Comparios count?

« Reply #438 on: Yesterday at 12:57:30 AM »
Using it just at the moment there's Tossbag Home Insurance, and Shitbag Equity Release

« Reply #439 on: Yesterday at 11:11:56 AM »
Also Cockbag Van Hire

icehaven

« Reply #440 on: Yesterday at 03:16:09 PM »
Just Eat did one too, ironically (because takeaway makes you fat and therefore unable to dance, you see.)

kalowski

• Sooner or later
« Reply #441 on: Today at 11:20:22 PM »
I have just seen an advert that basically said, "Can you concentrate for hours on a PlayStation? Then join the army, we need people who can concentrate."