Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:18:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cab Men II: Because fact into doubt won't go

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 29, 2018, 09:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 25, 2019, 04:15:29 PM
There's that quite obviously dubbed one as well where an white-toothed American (you can tell by the teeth) woman is looking in the mirror.

'have i got yellow teeth?'
her mate: 'yes!'
both: 'HAHAHAAHA'

The fact that they didn't cast Shane McGowan in a wig for that is criminal.

boki

I kinda feel grubby bigging them up, but Barclaycard done good with their ad that's currently all over YouTube with the woo woo hippy bollockses and their crystals.

DrGreggles

That Paddy Power advert with Giggs' brother.
Shitting crikey!

Cerys

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on January 21, 2019, 10:12:23 PM
I'm sure we've done Lloyd's Bank beach horses with a breathy cover of You're Not Alone by Olive but fuck me, it's weird. All the people hugging horses at the end. There is a longer version where you see one man with a very strange look on his face as he cuddles a horse. I punch the air when this is on, it's fucking unreal.

#You're not alone
#We've dumped some horses on your beach

(I can't make these lyrics go away.)

garnish

Quote from: DrGreggles on February 08, 2019, 06:21:34 PM
That Paddy Power advert with Giggs' brother.
Shitting crikey!

Directly references his brother having an affair with his wife.  Remarkable.

mothman

It doesn't seem to be on YouTube yet, but i feel obliged to say I did LOL at the punchline to the new Crunchy Nut Cornflakes ad.

The latest Absolut vodka and claims that they've gathered up hateful signs and extracted ink from them to be used in an advert to sell vodka

mothman

What is it with that weird crouching dance with jazz hands that everyone does in all the Tui adverts? Is it some trademarked dance the "entertainments team" (cunts one and all) make everyone do if you go on a Tui holiday? Because they can get in grave.

Clownbaby

That holiday advert where the family is doing a rap "the czars of spas and swim up bars/the big kahunas of the beach" annoys me not just cause it's a catchy music bit in an advert but because I can't understand what they say at the very end where it's abruptly cut off. "Shout A to the I these hos are hella bibby"

"Shout A to the I these halls are hella busy"

"Shout A to the I these halls are hella bibby"

Chollis

Dunno about the second bit but I thought it said "these hoes" last time I heard it. I'm sticking to it.

Icehaven

Quote from: mothman on February 19, 2019, 07:52:18 PM
What is it with that weird crouching dance with jazz hands that everyone does in all the Tui adverts? Is it some trademarked dance the "entertainments team" (cunts one and all) make everyone do if you go on a Tui holiday? Because they can get in grave.

The first one with the sullen teenager eventually joining her embarassing Mother in doing that dance was even weirder because there wasn't a precedent, so it just looked like they might put drugs in the water wherever they were.

Phil_A

Quote from: Clownbaby on February 20, 2019, 11:04:53 AM
That holiday advert where the family is doing a rap "the czars of spas and swim up bars/the big kahunas of the beach" annoys me not just cause it's a catchy music bit in an advert but because I can't understand what they say at the very end where it's abruptly cut off. "Shout A to the I these hos are hella bibby"

"Shout A to the I these halls are hella busy"

"Shout A to the I these halls are hella bibby"

It's "these hols are hella good".

God I hate that fucking advert.

mothman

Quote from: icehaven on February 20, 2019, 07:14:13 PM
The first one with the sullen teenager eventually joining her embarassing Mother in doing that dance was even weirder because there wasn't a precedent, so it just looked like they might put drugs in the water wherever they were.

I think that was the first of this series of adverts, and I did think it was strange, but assumed it was just their thing, some mother-daughter in-joke (pertaining to the awful dad-dancing the abusive husband/father did, before they murdered him, buried him under the patio then went on holiday). But no, since then there's been a vacationing couple advert, and a whole family advert, and they're all doing it.

... you don't suppose it's some "clever" reference to the dancing crabs in Tui's previous advert, the awful "Ain't Nobody" one, do you?

Icehaven

Quote from: mothman on February 20, 2019, 09:41:48 PM

... you don't suppose it's some "clever" reference to the dancing crabs in Tui's previous advert, the awful "Ain't Nobody" one, do you?

Oh gawd probably. They love all that don't they, "brand recognition."

seepage

that cancer advert where the doctor pauses for about 10 seconds before delivering the [good] news - like he's on Strictly or something.

mothman

Either that or he's fighting an urge, that's been nagging at him for a while, to say to one of his patients when delivering bad news: "... but, I just got a 99p cheeseburger from McDonalds!"

the

Can someone compile a list of all the adverts made in the last few years that feature Busby Berkeley-style group choreography / dance troupes? Because I suspect there to be one fucking million of them

"Look amazed everyone, it's more than one person dancing!". Like it's fucking 3-2-1 or something

mothman

McCain's did one... Compare The Market (Meerkat Movies)... Do all the Gio Comparios count?

the

Using it just at the moment there's Tossbag Home Insurance, and Shitbag Equity Release

Icehaven

Just Eat did one too, ironically (because takeaway makes you fat and therefore unable to dance, you see.)

kalowski

I have just seen an advert that basically said, "Can you concentrate for hours on a PlayStation? Then join the army, we need people who can concentrate."

the

Quote from: mothman on February 21, 2019, 11:10:57 PMCompare The Market (Meerkat Movies) Ballbag Price Comparison

Also has a dance routine happening in the middle of a warzone gun-battle, which (although meant to be in a movie) seems in spectacularly poor taste, the sort of idea a sociopath would come up with.

That other advert for fuck-cares-what with the guy's house full of soldiers also has a weird normalised comfortable attitude to being in proximity to war.

Join the army

im barry bethel

Quote from: mothman on February 21, 2019, 07:08:09 PM
Either that or he's fighting an urge, that's been nagging at him for a while, to say to one of his patients when delivering bad news: "... but, I just got a 99p cheeseburger from McDonalds!"

This is exactly the reason I gave up my oncologist studies, just couldn't trust myself

Icehaven

This might belong more in the ''F**k my hat...'' thread, but according to their new advert it turns out we've been saying Jameson's all wrong. Well you have if you've been saying it 'Jameson', you know, like it's actually spelled, unless you're obviously a lot cleverer than me (and I suspect a lot of others too) and already knew it's actually apparently pronounced 'Jam-eh-son'. There's other issues with the ad too, like the way it sets the scene as happening in 2017 as if that was 50 years ago, but it's the pronounciation that's the weirdest. Jam-eh-son. Jam. Eh. Son.

the

I thought it was like Derek Jameson. 'Jay-meh-sun' / 'Jay-mih-sun'

You clearly haven't spent enough time in your life involved in verbal discussion of Derek Jameson ;)

gilbertharding

Yeah, sorry - I've always pronounced the name Jameson with three syllables. Probably due to early exposure to Derek 'Do They Mean Me?' Jameson on the telly.

Icehaven

Quote from: the on March 06, 2019, 03:19:30 PM
I thought it was like Derek Jameson. 'Jay-meh-sun' / 'Jay-mih-sun'

You clearly haven't spent enough time in your life involved in verbal discussion of Derek Jameson ;)

No I'd say it like you would too, with the first syllable being 'jay', but on the ad it's 'Jam', as if the name 'James' should actually be pronounced 'Jam-ez'.

Icehaven

Quote from: gilbertharding on March 06, 2019, 04:21:26 PM
Yeah, sorry - I've always pronounced the name Jameson with three syllables. Probably due to early exposure to Derek 'Do They Mean Me?' Jameson on the telly.

It's still 3 syllables how I thought it was, although a 2 syllabled 'Jayme-son' is also reasonable, but on the ad it's said 'jam-eh-son'.

Edit; it's at about 0:17
https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/jameson-the-case-unusual-case-tbwa-dublin/1492575