Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:48:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cab Men II: Because fact into doubt won't go

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 29, 2018, 09:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gilbertharding

Right. Well, that's some fucked up shit right there.

Icehaven

I know right? And they can't even use the excuse that the ad is set in South Africa as the rest of the voiceover doesn't have an SA/Afrikaans accent. I think it's just WRONG.

Pseudopath

They pronounce it jem-eh-son in this advert from last year. I think they're deliberately fucking with us.

the

From now on I'm going to pronounce it 'cuntjuice' when I talk about it, WHICH IS NEVER

Quote from: icehaven on January 25, 2019, 04:06:49 PM
As I ranted above, it's partly that she appears astonished that a toothbrush brand has made the radical leap of making a toothpaste.

I'd interpreted it as her laughing at herself for how out of touch she was regarding developments at Oral B. I.e I was oblivious to the fact that Oral B were even making toothpaste, let alone how bloody good it is- how could I be so out the loop?

It struck an odd chord with me because I don't think anyone could be reasonably expected to keep up to date with Oral B's products. The fact she was laughing about it made me wonder, with some discomfort, what other insipid things she'd be prepared to laugh about. It made me think being in a relationship with her must be a soul crushingly lonley experience.

gilbertharding

Call me a massive softie... but there was an advert on telly on Saturday where a little girl is playing football, and giving a running commentary to her Dad.

I'd had a couple of drinks, I admit, but the reveal 'got me in the feels' (do they say that?) like someone had stabbed me there.

seepage

Have those very strange ads for Gerberit bog/bidet combi things been mentioned yet? Are they trying to be funny intentionally?

Two adverts are making my blood boil at the moment. The BA advert with all the National Treasure's talking about our green and pleasant land. It's almost as shameless as the Carling advert boasting British is best. Then there's the Plusnet advert with the piss weak Peter Kay impressionist doing a cloying cover of Cyndy Lauper's 'Time after Time'. How did these ideas ever see the light of day?

Icehaven

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on March 14, 2019, 07:35:32 PM
Then there's the Plusnet advert with the piss weak Peter Kay impressionist doing a cloying cover of Cyndy Lauper's 'Time after Time'. How did these ideas ever see the light of day?

Having a complete Mandela moment now as I was so sure that series of ads was for Talktalk. I even had second thoughts before signing up with them recently because I hate them so much. Sorry Talktalk.

beanheadmcginty

I agree about that BA advert. It's cringeingly Brexit. I have to mute it when it comes on. I bet Rees-Mogg has had a big old wank over it.

The following Aldi advert has to be the most Brexit advert of all

https://www.bestadsontv.com/ad/102402/ALDI-Mustard

You expect the cunt in the flat cap to say "Brexit means brexit" at the end

GMTV

Guinness clear...

Well you were the fucking bellends that upped the ante with the vaguely arty reverential shite. Don't come back with an extremely basic, horribly dated parody of what you've been doing for years.

Heineken kept it simple with nico rosberg dicking about being some kind of millionaire playboy. Canny drink the night lads got this amazing sports car to drive tonight. I'll have a disgusting alcohol free Heineken though.

GMTV

Quote from: icehaven on March 06, 2019, 02:38:13 PM
This might belong more in the ''F**k my hat...'' thread, but according to their new advert it turns out we've been saying Jameson's all wrong. Well you have if you've been saying it 'Jameson', you know, like it's actually spelled, unless you're obviously a lot cleverer than me (and I suspect a lot of others too) and already knew it's actually apparently pronounced 'Jam-eh-son'. There's other issues with the ad too, like the way it sets the scene as happening in 2017 as if that was 50 years ago, but it's the pronounciation that's the weirdest. Jam-eh-son. Jam. Eh. Son.

Love the bit at the end of the advert when the two lads look at each other... OF COURSE they only took The Jamason its fucking amazing. They'll have tanked the lot within a week the dirty scoundrels.

imitationleather

In that Matt Berry-narrated Money Supermarket one I assume they were like, "Matt, just talk like you do in Toast of London for thirty seconds."

imitationleather

Harry Redknapp shilling for GoDaddy in an ad where he sets up a company called Harry's Jam Roly Polys.

The ad ends with him putting his face in his freshly baked roly polys and going "'Triffic!"

This is Harry Redknapp, who famously has no sense of taste or smell.

Which means what he's referring to as "'Triffic!" is the sensation of heat hitting his face.

I'll have twelve!

Ornlu

I'm sure the phenomenon's already been mentioned but the Plusnet/Peter Kay ad reminds me of that dreaded fucking formula:

Loud Blaring Tune
moment of quiet/mutedness so you look up and see if it's changed
NOPE BACK AGAIN (for Longer This Time)

Most egregiously used in that awful Maoam advert with the gawky lad dancing round a school assembly hall. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I59XOttwZLg)

I do, however, quite like C4's ginger dopey-looking Dolce Gusto lady.

Clownbaby

How many times foes that Samsung Galaxy S10  advert have to be on with that fucking song that goes woop all day and I never get tayad woop all day and I never give up I'm so sick of that fucking song

kalowski

Quote from: Ornlu on March 20, 2019, 10:15:22 AM
Most egregiously used in that awful Maoam advert with the gawky lad dancing round a school assembly hall. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I59XOttwZLg)

At least it's for a sweet so you can understand why the advert is aimed at kids. It's a shame that every advert is aimed at kids.

mothman

So, the ad - for BT I think? - where a man comes home to find his house overrun with cowboys, GIs and fantasy folk? I'm puzzled as to the dynamic here - is it a shared house, or a family home? Because his ability to banish everyone upstairs to bathrooms and bedrooms suggests the latter, however it's noticeable that at no point does he acknowledge the other occupants, which could imply the former.

And there's another thing. There are, I think, two other occupants, a possibly-teenage boy and a woman of indeterminate age. The former is presumably playing some WW2 FPS game; the latter, watching a fantasy TV show. So where did the cowboys come from? Who is playing Red Dead Redemption, or watching Westworld? Is it the shadowy figure seen distributing the WiFi extenders? Or is it the protagonist - as their sharing a sofa and cup of tea with him at the end might confirm - but if it is, why were the cowboys already present when he got home?

Cerys

The cowboys are merely potential cowboys, waiting, as it were, in the wings.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Clownbaby on March 20, 2019, 11:01:23 AM
How many times foes that Samsung Galaxy S10  advert have to be on with that fucking song that goes woop all day and I never get tayad woop all day and I never give up I'm so sick of that fucking song

They are really fucking pushing that phone. I'm not paying any more attention than I usually do to adverts, but the S10 adverts/posters have been everywhere the last couple of weeks.

BritishHobo

Also the McDonald's adverts have really been getting on my piss lately. First you had that Big Mac anniversary ad, showing how vital a part the Big Mac has been in all of our lives through the last few generations. Then that ballache one that tried to pretend the whole nation were arguing about whether it's still a Big Mac if it has bacon. Now their cunt Monopoly game is back and there's a new advert where everyone's going round twitching their finger going 'peely peely!' - because when you peel the sticker off you do that with your finger!!!!!! And our hero doesn't know about it so he's all left out.

It just rubs me up the wrong way seeing a company like that, who've become so synonymous with a kind of American-gone-global, faceless, greedy corporation, trying to pretend like they're some key part of ordinary life. Fuck off.

boki

Quote from: boki on February 07, 2019, 03:45:53 PM
I kinda feel grubby bigging them up, but Barclaycard done good with their ad that's currently all over YouTube with the woo woo hippy bollockses and their crystals.

FUCKING HELL, THEY'RE ACTUALLY REAL.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: boki on March 23, 2019, 03:22:46 PM
FUCKING HELL, THEY'RE ACTUALLY REAL.

So weird when women lean their head 45° for photos, presumably thinking it makes them look more attractive. It actually makes them look nuts.

imitationleather

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on March 23, 2019, 11:36:48 PM
So weird when women lean their head 45° for photos, presumably thinking it makes them look more attractive. It actually makes them look nuts.

It looks like she desperately needs a chiropractor.

billyandthecloneasaurus

For the first time (as far as i can remember), I've actually been quite enjoying some adverts.  The gambleaware adverts are pretty funny I reckon.  The one where the kebab shop lad gets teleported to the Panamanian studio where they berate him for randomly putting a bet on based on the names of the teams got a good lol when I first saw it, and resonated with my gambling habit at university.

gilbertharding

Quote from: BritishHobo on March 23, 2019, 12:04:15 PM
Also the McDonald's adverts have really been getting on my piss lately. First you had that Big Mac anniversary ad, showing how vital a part the Big Mac has been in all of our lives through the last few generations. Then that ballache one that tried to pretend the whole nation were arguing about whether it's still a Big Mac if it has bacon. Now their cunt Monopoly game is back and there's a new advert where everyone's going round twitching their finger going 'peely peely!' - because when you peel the sticker off you do that with your finger!!!!!! And our hero doesn't know about it so he's all left out.

It just rubs me up the wrong way seeing a company like that, who've become so synonymous with a kind of American-gone-global, faceless, greedy corporation, trying to pretend like they're some key part of ordinary life. Fuck off.

I'd love to know if the same team behind the Peely Peely thing are the same as the ones behind Dilly Dilly. I'd also love to know how they fucking sleep at night.

Icehaven

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on March 23, 2019, 11:36:48 PM

She looks like she's sort of trying to do an impression of the crystal tower thing next to her, tilting to the right etc.

Edit: Actually this is annoying me now, they've clearly gone for some level of symmetry in that picture as the two people are standing by their respective crystal towers then the ones in front are sort of arranged in a pattern dictated by size, but then over to their right (our left) there's two very similar shorter towers, one of which should really be on the other side. Also had a bit more effort gone in the two orange and one purple flat crystals also on that side could have been arranged in the foreground so the whole thing looked better. Did they run out of time to take the photo or something?

gilbertharding

Quote from: imitationleather on March 19, 2019, 08:07:14 PM
Harry Redknapp shilling for GoDaddy in an ad where he sets up a company called Harry's Jam Roly Polys.

The ad ends with him putting his face in his freshly baked roly polys and going "'Triffic!"

This is Harry Redknapp, who famously has no sense of taste or smell.

Which means what he's referring to as "'Triffic!" is the sensation of heat hitting his face.

I'll have twelve!

Harry Redknapp can also neither read nor write. His actual dog is supposed to have handled his tax affairs, or something (I vaguely remember some court case where this was his defence).

Replying because I saw an ad break yesterday where Harry 'Fucking' Redknapp appeared in TWO adverts - one for GoDaddy, and the other for betting, where he appears in someone's Smart Speaker giving tips. There's a shit joke where he makes a crack about smart young pundits in fancy suits, and off screen someone says "Oi!" and he says "Not you son!" because his son is famous foopballer Jamie Redknapp (who briefly stole a living for Southampton FC while his Dad was 'managing').

I fucking hate Harry Redknapp. https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/mar/23/harry-redknapp-is-playing-a-familiar-tune-to-disown-birminghams-blues

Icehaven

Quote from: BritishHobo on March 23, 2019, 11:51:42 AM
They are really fucking pushing that phone. I'm not paying any more attention than I usually do to adverts, but the S10 adverts/posters have been everywhere the last couple of weeks.

There's one on a bus stop near me with a QR code thing attached to the metal edge of the poster holder. Does anyone really scan those things?