Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:05:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cab Men II: Because fact into doubt won't go

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 29, 2018, 09:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

"Properly policed. It must not turn into The Crow."
Quote from: mothman on April 09, 2019, 09:23:41 PM

"A remake of The Warriors, only set in the 1980s, and with a gang that model themselves on Phil Oakey and Giorgio Moroder..."

Sebastian Cobb

Just seen an ad on All 4 where Robert DeNiro is advertising a Kia.

petril

Icehaven

Fosters seem to have resurrected the Aussie helpline blokes for some reason. Literally nothing else to say about that but there you go.

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: icehaven on April 13, 2019, 11:28:43 PM
Fosters seem to have resurrected the Aussie helpline blokes for some reason. Literally nothing else to say about that but there you go.

This is going to happen a lot more I fear. Just wait, we'll see the 'WASUUUUUUUP' jerks again soon.

Cerys

That George Clooney coffee ad can fuck right off.  'What doth thou desire?'  What I desire is for someone to have got their fucking grammar right.  Fucksakes.

petril

A coffee ad where George Clooney works in an office of a suitably desolate firm and slowly goes through caffeine addiction to the point it actually ruins his life somehow

gilbertharding

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on April 14, 2019, 12:24:17 PM
This is going to happen a lot more I fear. Just wait, we'll see the 'WASUUUUUUUP' jerks again soon.

*Howard from the Halifax waits by the phone*

BritishHobo

Wasn't there an advert recently for some totally unrelated company, where Howard cameoed and was hilariously told he was in the wrong ad?

kalowski

Quote from: BritishHobo on April 17, 2019, 08:35:59 PM
Wasn't there an advert recently for some totally unrelated company, where Howard cameltoed and was hilariously told he was in the wrong ad?
Ulp!

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: BritishHobo on April 17, 2019, 08:35:59 PM
Wasn't there an advert recently for some totally unrelated company, where Howard cameoed and was hilariously told he was in the wrong ad?

Yeah it was Hotels.com with that captain obvious hipster cunt and the thick 'winning' woman bullshit. Hateful stuff.

JesusAndYourBush

Often I'll be reading the paper during the adverts, or I'll tune out and not really pay attention... so there's one advert that has Michael Jackson doing his trademark "Hooooo!" several times, and I keep joining in with "hee-hee!" and "shamone motherfucker!" and when I finally pay attention to it I realise it's supposed to be an owl.  It sounds nothing like an owl, It's Jacko!

Quote from: BritishHobo on March 23, 2019, 12:04:15 PM
Also the McDonald's adverts have really been getting on my piss lately. First you had that Big Mac anniversary ad, showing how vital a part the Big Mac has been in all of our lives through the last few generations. Then that ballache one that tried to pretend the whole nation were arguing about whether it's still a Big Mac if it has bacon. Now their cunt Monopoly game is back and there's a new advert where everyone's going round twitching their finger going 'peely peely!' - because when you peel the sticker off you do that with your finger!!!!!! And our hero doesn't know about it so he's all left out.

There was one a while ago with people getting mortally offended because a big mac shouldn't have bacon in it.  Fuck off, nobody cares. Plus bacon is lovely.

And that peely peely one.  Ugh.  It's like this one guy sees all these knobheads saying 'peely peely' and doing an odd gesture and because he's a foreign he's not familiar with this strange greeting so he tries to fit in by joining in, but in doing so he gets it a bit wrong and everyone thinks he's a bit of a prat.  But it's them who are the prats for saying it in the first place.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Clownbaby on April 04, 2019, 10:48:59 AM
I fucking hate the Andrex advert where one time a kid felt as clean as a squid or something and the ad directors thought "oh we're onto something here" so they made many more adverts where kids adorably compare the clean feeling of Andrex to something ever so random like "a spoon in a circus" isn't it cute cause kids have big mad imaginations and a spoon or circus actually have nothing to do with feelings of cleanliness at all but in a child's imagination they DO. Oh little posh ginger girl you do say the darndest things. "Spoon in a circus" haha imagine that

FUCK OFF

"As clean as a man called David" was the first one.  I like to imagine the first one was spontaneous and then some knobhead scriptrwiter tried to emulate it, and every other advert they do thereafter falls flat.  The same goes for the Hariibo adults miming to kids voices one.  The first batch worked but later ones seem "off" somehow.

gilbertharding

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on April 18, 2019, 02:10:19 AM
The same goes for the Hariibo adults miming to kids voices one.  The first batch worked but later ones seem "off" somehow.

I don't mind those. Was there one where a kid appears and its voice is all sensible and grown up?

Mind you - I have a tolerance for Haribo jingles ever since the gorgeous French woman in my office years ago saw a packet on my desk and sang "Haribo c'est beau la vie, pour les grands et les petits," and giggled.

mothman

There's a series of ads on the radio for Cancer Research UK and Race For Life that are so annoying they threaten to put me on the side of cancer.

Phil_A

Jesus, the current Galaxy ad with the rapidly aging woman is a bit heavy for a fucking chocolate bar advert.

"Eat some Galaxy, YOU'RE GONNA DIE"

seepage

^ yes, it's extremely distressing. If it were my cancer ad that was shown next then I'd want a refund.

I'm trying to decide if the current Campo Viejo ads are intentionally odd.

Gulftastic

Paddy Power's 'isn't being a PC snowflake silly?' is anothef one that needs to die.

Quote from: mothman on April 18, 2019, 06:19:15 PM
There's a series of ads on the radio for Cancer Research UK and Race For Life that are so annoying they threaten to put me on the side of cancer.

The radio ones in particular. "I'm not a professional athlete, I'm a geography teacher".

JesusAndYourBush

"I'm just a WOARRGHHHHH in a cage".
Ad for some movie or tv show.  Bugger off you annoying-voiced bint!

Sebastian Cobb

It was bad enough when there was just one Marcus Brigstocke, now they both need to fuck off.

Gulftastic

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 21, 2019, 07:35:37 PM
It was bad enough when there was just one Marcus Brigstocke, now they both need to fuck off.

At least now he can actually go fuck himself.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Gulftastic on April 21, 2019, 08:51:24 PM
At least now he can actually go fuck himself.

Probably just adds to the smugness of anything.

Clownbaby

I hate that bingo advert with the gormless fucking voiced guy going "AW NAW WOT A TRAVESTY, CRISPS ALL OVER HER" "OH LOOK AT HER GO ON GEWL"

Phuqúe off

Icehaven

Quote from: Clownbaby on April 23, 2019, 09:46:24 AM
I hate that bingo advert with the gormless fucking voiced guy going "AW NAW WOT A TRAVESTY, CRISPS ALL OVER HER" "OH LOOK AT HER GO ON GEWL"

Phuqúe off

That's the new one out of Plebs I mentioned in the Gambling Advertising thread. He's got form too, he was the vampire in the What We Do In The Shadows ripoff Virgin gambling ads.

Gulftastic

The writing on the new Magnum posters look like some kind of dirty protest

JesusAndYourBush

There's an ad (for Godknows what featuring some dancing things that appear to be a cross between Telebugs and Teletubbies) which features the Umpa Lumpa song which is annoying because, either, a) The music is ineptly performed, or, b) They changed the music deliberately to avoid paying royalties, but they've hardly changed anything, it's blatantly the same tune.  Can you really avoid paying royalties by playing a tune badly?  It's still the same tune.

Icehaven

Quote from: icehaven on April 13, 2019, 11:28:43 PM

OK I paid a modicum of attention to it this time when it was just on and I think it's back purely to take the mick out of the craft beer trend. Topical.

Clownbaby

Ginger woman miming with the showerhead for wowcher needs to fuck off

Chollis

Akabusi

Akaboosty

I want to cave in his skull