Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:18:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cab Men II: Because fact into doubt won't go

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 29, 2018, 09:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the

That's something that crops up in quite a few adverts lately - projecting the idea that little children are conscientiously kind and outwardly altruistic, when everyone knows they're entirely self-centred by nature.

buttgammon

Quote from: the on June 12, 2019, 11:36:13 AM
What, more hideous than this? Have a word

Fucking hell, I've never seen that before. It will feature in my future nightmares.

Quote from: Chollis on June 12, 2019, 01:00:21 PM
Nope this one is worse https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0eEqeizNCA

Yuck, I hate that one too. Horrible cutesy nonsense, and the shopkeeper is a bastard for not just letting her have it. Surely it's all or nothing - either give her the chocolate for free or tell her to fuck off.

Jockice

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on June 11, 2019, 08:17:05 PM
I genuinely couldn't fucking stand those "hey, disableds like fucking too", Malteser adverts.

The deaf/dumb ones with their horrendous plappy mouth noises gave me the fucking bolk.
My objection is to the maltesers. They're vile.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: the on June 12, 2019, 11:36:13 AMWhat, more hideous than this? Have a word

Brilliant, I've been searching for a way to reduce my kids' sugar intake for ages, that'll do nicely. Just stick that in front of them any time they ask for sweets or chocolate or ice cream and bingo.

Quote from: Chollis on June 12, 2019, 01:00:21 PMNope this one is worse https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0eEqeizNCA

I just reported that mum to child services. Neglecting her daughter because she's talking on the phone and what happens? The kid turns to shoplifting of course. Disgraceful.

Pseudopath

Good news everyone. I think we've hit the bottom of the lake of tods: https://youtu.be/zuOSe96BiYE

Companies producing adverts entirely on the basis of stoned direct messages from pop stars. Fucking kill me. I demand it.

Phil_A

Quote from: Pseudopath on June 19, 2019, 10:56:52 PM
Good news everyone. I think we've hit the bottom of the lake of tods: https://youtu.be/zuOSe96BiYE

Companies producing adverts entirely on the basis of stoned direct messages from pop stars. Fucking kill me. I demand it.

There's no way he wrote all that in a DM, is there. What a load of bollocks.

Jockice

Jockice

Incidentally, the worst thing on TV (not just the worst advert. It's beyond that) is that Nationwide advert with irritating woman and stereotype gay best friend. If anyone ever phoned me up at 3 in the morning I can guarantee I will not be sharing sunrises with them. In fact they'll be lucky to ever see another one.

Jockice

To make it more realistic they should have had the waiter going: 'No wonder you're hair's that colour if you use that stuff.  You're a ginger with ginger hair, you gingernut, Bet you call it auburn sauce, eh mate. Like your hair. Which is ginger.''

Icehaven

Quote from: Jockice on June 21, 2019, 06:57:07 AM
Incidentally, the worst thing on TV (not just the worst advert. It's beyond that) is that Nationwide advert with irritating woman and stereotype gay best friend. If anyone ever phoned me up at 3 in the morning I can guarantee I will not be sharing sunrises with them. In fact they'll be lucky to ever see another one.

There's plenty more criticism of that pile o'shite a few pages back from when the longer version was first on ages ago. Yet another classic from the ''Why have they resurrected this why why WHY?'' school of TV advertising.

Jockice

Quote from: icehaven on June 21, 2019, 08:46:23 AM
There's plenty more criticism of that pile o'shite a few pages back from when the longer version was first on ages ago. Yet another classic from the ''Why have they resurrected this why why WHY?'' school of TV advertising.

Yeah, I do remember seeing that. And I agree. I just find this new one more irritating. And why do they show their names at the start of the ad? Are we supposed to know or care who these people are?

imitationleather

Quote from: Jockice on June 21, 2019, 09:10:42 AM
Yeah, I do remember seeing that. And I agree. I just find this new one more irritating. And why do they show their names at the start of the ad? Are we supposed to know or care who these people are?

All those ads feature actual poets lapping up the Nationwide coin.

Jockice

Quote from: imitationleather on June 21, 2019, 09:20:45 AM
All those ads feature actual poets lapping up the Nationwide coin.

They're actual poets? People actually pay for their poems? Fucking hell, Britain really is broken.

gilbertharding

To be fair, he does seem exactly the type to ask for ketchup in a 'posh' (ugh) restaurant and then humbleboast about it.

kalowski

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus fucking Jesus H Christ and the fucking disciples. What a cunt. What a cunt of an advert. Fuck the universe for that. Every fucking bottle of Heinz ketchup is going in the bin. Smash the bottles and use the sauce spattered shards to pierce Sheeran's boz eyed face the utter dreadful cunt.

Poobum

Now that's a deserving reason to be grabbed round the throat and frog marched out a dinner for. He didn't even taste it first the absolute bastard. Skilled chef are you? Worked hard have you? Expressed your creativity have you? Too fancy, sugary shit going all over your creations, splodge. Bland man's philosophy in life is make all bland.

Cuntbeaks

Just saw an ad for bottled tea, with unicorns piss and cocaine in it, Fuze Tea, i think.

Annoying enough to begin with, but the way the cunt holds the bottle with both hands as he sips God's piss is more than i could cope with.

Gulftastic

Red Dwarf shilling for the AA?

And it's funnier than everything from season 6 onwards.

Tikwid

I have the feeling those horrifying PPI adverts have been discussed here before (since the campaign's been going on for two years now) but I've only found out about them recently, and I've since developed something of a morbid fascination. There's just something about the animatronic head with limited facial movement, veering across the uncanny valley with its little tank treads, voiced by Arnuld himself rather than a mere soundalike. come ahn....take action before i's too late....DO IT NAUOOWW

Pseudopath

Quote from: Tikwid on July 03, 2019, 12:50:26 AM
voiced by Arnuld himself rather than a mere soundalike

IIRC it is an impersonator.

Quote from: https://www.ft.com/content/617e5602-8ca7-11e7-9084-d0c17942ba93
While the FCA would not disclose how much it paid Mr Schwarzenegger to use his image — it is an actor that impersonates his voice in the ad — it said that £5m was spent on production costs, including on "talent". It also paid £3m to its advertising agency, M & C Saatchi.

dr beat

Quote from: Jockice on June 21, 2019, 09:10:42 AM
And why do they show their names at the start of the ad? Are we supposed to know or care who these people are?

I've been wondering something similar about how a lot of recent ads name the people in them. The voiceovers say things like 'this is Dave. Dave is very clever for choosing this bank', or 'hey Sharon, haven't you saved money!' Is this a psychology thing?

the

Quote from: Jockice on June 21, 2019, 09:10:42 AMAnd why do they show their names at the start of the ad? Are we supposed to know or care who these people are?

Don't think this is quite what you're mentioning, but something similar and godawful are adverts that announce themselves with film-like titling. "Anusol presents..." or whatnot, maybe with the title of the campaign as well. As if advertising wasn't self-regarding and pompous enough. "Gather round and hush to take in the precious message everyone"

Icehaven

Quote from: the on July 03, 2019, 01:10:06 PM
Don't think this is quite what you're mentioning, but something similar and godawful are adverts that announce themselves with film-like titling. "Anusol presents..." or whatnot, maybe with the title of the campaign as well. As if advertising wasn't self-regarding and pompous enough. "Gather round and hush to take in the precious message everyone"

This has definitely already been mentioned but there's been a few where the shortened versions are shown on TV and end with ''See the whole film on youtube/at www..com'' etc. Hex on anyone who actually does. Also the editing often renders them nonsensical, there was one starring Peter Dinklage a few years ago that you'd have thought was a trailer for an actual film until you looked it up and realised it was just a 20 minute beer advert. Which tbf was probably exactly the intention.

Chollis

Yeah that Peter Dinklage one was weird, did they just make a proper feature length film that was an advert for the beer (Estrella I think it was).

The names thing too, Barry Scott of Cillit Bang. What? Who is he? Why is he introducing himself?

Wiki says
"Cillit Bang television advertisements have been presented by "Barry Scott", a brashly enthusiastic character played by Neil Burgess, who claims that Cillit Bang can remove limescale, rust and groublahblahblah..."

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Pseudopath on July 03, 2019, 11:41:11 AM
QuoteWhile the FCA would not disclose how much it paid Mr Schwarzenegger to use his image — it is an actor that impersonates his voice in the ad — it said that £5m was spent on production costs, including on "talent". It also paid £3m to its advertising agency, M & C Saatchi.

8 million quid.

That's 3 Last Seductions or 3 Timecrimes' or one New Jack City's.

Icehaven

Quote from: Chollis on July 03, 2019, 02:29:03 PM
Yeah that Peter Dinklage one was weird, did they just make a proper feature length film that was an advert for the beer (Estrella I think it was).

No it was just a short film/very long advert available on youtube, with the edited TV version deliberately made look like a movie trailer, which along with the fact it starred a famous film actor, and the added encouragement to 'watch the full film', all intended to give the impression there was a feature length film. Sort of a spin on the other aforementioned trend for ads which tell you to ''watch the full version' when it's obviously just going to be an extended version of the TV ad, by using the same technique just giving the impression that it's going to be a 'real' film starring Dinklage.

mothman

Jean Reno and Mads Mikkelsen have also done them, I think.

neveragain

Quote from: Gulftastic on July 01, 2019, 07:48:48 PM
Red Dwarf shilling for the AA?

And it's funnier than everything from season 6 onwards.

Bit of trivia for you: that ad was written by Grant and Naylor, the first time they've worked together since series six.

Yeah. Worth it, eh? (eh)

Isnt Anything

help please

this american ad a friend sent me for reasons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qEl-lGfqds

what the fuck is the advert we use this music on over here ?

ta and thank you