Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:44:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cab Men II: Because fact into doubt won't go

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 29, 2018, 09:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

There's an apple pre-roll in the cinema that really annoys me, a whole minute of this smug bollocks waiting for the film to start and they slip it in there between the cinema ident telling you not to be a dick and the bbfc slate so you're lured into a false sense of security.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny-MGNf301k

BritishHobo

Has anyone raised the Anchor butter ad (https://youtu.be/5PmTHtCutn8)? It's very weird. I rag on a lot of adverts, but at the end of the day they don't bother me. This advert though, makes me actually physically uncomfortable. Every part of it - the horrible bread that's just growing all around the cafe, the horrifying stretching arm, the drawn-out moan of pain from the man who burns his fingers, the really awful bit where the rabbit slippers have real tongues. It genuinely bothers me on a physical level.

I must be alone, because nobody else is saying anything, they're all just talking about the Desmonds theme tune.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: icehaven on August 23, 2019, 05:39:21 PM
I know it's backslapping bollocks but I don't actually mind the new Channel 4 complaints one too much. The underlying message of "feel free to complain but this is exactly how seriously you'll be taken" is a nice antidote to the usual "your opinion is reeeally important to us honest" nonsense too.
Yeah, I like that one , as well. They've chosen the pettiest, most cretinous complaints ( " too black", ffs), and are basically telling the people who made them to fuck off. Commendable stuff.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Saw one recently with some women getting back from a big flying holiday, and it's all rainy and they're trying to find the car and getting all their stuff into it and it's all melancholy and "ho-hum, the hols are over we're back in rainy old bastard Britain now, sad times :( " Then you see them pull up to a McDonalds drivethru and chew on a burger and suddenly they're all "it's good to be back!" or summat.

I can't remember the specifics exactly but the main obvious problem with it is that planet frying internationally ubiquitous offal slab merchants Mac Donalds are one of the only companies that can't use this as an advertising concept. I mean where the fuck have these ladies flown back from, Svalbard?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on August 29, 2019, 09:00:25 PM
Yeah, I like that one , as well. They've chosen the pettiest, most cretinous complaints ( " too black", ffs), and are basically telling the people who made them to fuck off. Commendable stuff.

( Except for that complaint about Jimmy Carr's laugh; perfectly valid, that 'un.)

a duncandisorderly

william painter.

hipsters' sunglasses, banging on about themselves, over-groomed white guys with monstrous facial hair & "rear-weighted" sun-specs, at the same time they're already out there & living the wealthy life & yet there they are (on youtube mostly) kickstarter begging.

get to fucking fuck.

Gulftastic

'Walk On The Wild Side' is the latest to get the slowed-down, strained voice treatment for Seat. They don't use the 'giving head' line.

pupshaw

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on August 30, 2019, 03:39:43 AM
william painter.

hipsters' sunglasses, banging on about themselves, over-groomed white guys with monstrous facial hair & "rear-weighted" sun-specs, at the same time they're already out there & living the wealthy life & yet there they are (on youtube mostly) kickstarter begging.

get to fucking fuck.

Oh my God!!!!!! You Guys!!!!!! Are You Freaking Kidding Me!!!!!

Captain Crunch

Quote from: icehaven on August 23, 2019, 05:39:21 PM
I know it's backslapping bollocks but I don't actually mind the new Channel 4 complaints one too much. The underlying message of "feel free to complain but this is exactly how seriously you'll be taken" is a nice antidote to the usual "your opinion is reeeally important to us honest" nonsense too.

The idea is good but the execution just falls too far into the smug / knowing / teehee category for me.

I quite like that new surreal one where the husband and wife are doing afternoon school uniform role play and he eats a mushroom and starts talking to a dancing stereo.  Very Man Ray. 

mothman

Radio advert for Chromebooks. Much made of the fact that you can use them all day. Then, at the end, the standard ts&cs blurb says "Battery use depends on conditions and activities." So... like just about every other mobile device, you can probably get a day's use out of it if you're careful...

Icehaven

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on August 29, 2019, 09:00:25 PM

I've only just realised the music is 'Je Ne Regrette Rien' too. And amusing as it is, the Sandi Toksvig/Tom Cruise bit isn't from a complaint is it, it's a well known internet joke.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Some eejit might have complained to Channel 4 about it, though. You know what the British public are like. Nutters and cunts.

Dr Syntax Head

That Alexa one with blind lady asking about the weather. She would have fucking heard the rain with her perfectly functioning ears. No thought put into that at all.

seepage

that Oreo one is going to make me commit a serious crime.

there was one for insurance or something last night that seemed to have nicked the Robot Chicken theme tune, unless they've paid for it.

Bennett Brauer

a duncandisorderly

Icehaven

Quote from: Gulftastic on September 12, 2019, 08:25:10 PM
Look at this prick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg35J7MWYlw

I'm stunned he's considered a viable candidate for a fashion ad in 2019. Either I'm completely out of touch or Kurt Geiger are.

Gulftastic

I'm on my phone so can't post a link but on YouTube there's an interview to go with the Geiger and. It's golden. If you think he looked a prick wait till you hear him talking.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: mothman on July 26, 2019, 11:35:26 PM
Finding quite how craggy Sean Bean is in the Yorkshire Tea ad quite disconcerting. I don't think anybody'd begrudge him a nip'n'tuck or a spot of Botox. Though I'm not sure he hasn't already had something done - and it hasn't worked.

Saw him in an interview for Hitman 2, and he IS looking quite aged. But to be fair to the bloke, he's sixty years old and has made some absolutely cracking films and starred in some fantastic roles. Whatever he wants to do with his own face, fuck it, let him.

H-O-W-L

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: H-O-W-L on September 15, 2019, 04:26:58 AM
In what fucking world is chocolate kept beneath a glass case at a corner shop?

keep the jaspers off it?

mothman

Quote from: H-O-W-L on September 15, 2019, 04:18:49 AM
Saw him in an interview for Hitman 2, and he IS looking quite aged. But to be fair to the bloke, he's sixty years old and has made some absolutely cracking films and starred in some fantastic roles. Whatever he wants to do with his own face, fuck it, let him.

I was reflecting more on the passage of time - doesn't seem that long ago since he was that fresh-faced young actor in Stormy Monday, the first thing I saw him in - rather than "Ew, he's like totally old now."

Icehaven

Quote from: Gulftastic on September 14, 2019, 09:37:12 PM
I'm on my phone so can't post a link but on YouTube there's an interview to go with the Geiger and. It's golden. If you think he looked a prick wait till you hear him talking.

Might watch that later once I've steeled myself. If he says anything other than ''No I can't believe anyone still knows who I am either, never mind pay me to front an ad campaign!'' then he needs the biggest slap available to humanity.

gilbertharding

Off sick at home for the last month and a half, I've been entertained by all the adverts for over 50s funeral plans. You've seen them - but I'm amused by the wide variation in estimates for the 'average cost of a funeral' - which are all underestimates. I've recently had to pay for a funeral (my Dad's), which was decidedly basic. We had the cheapest coffin, the local crematorium, a hearse (no other transport), some printed orders of service, a notice in the local paper: £5000.

I also like the adverts for commemorative coins - which also vary in price from £free to £99. Only one per household.

the

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on August 29, 2019, 10:08:34 PMSaw one recently with some women getting back from a big flying holiday, and it's all rainy and they're trying to find the car and getting all their stuff into it and it's all melancholy and "ho-hum, the hols are over we're back in rainy old bastard Britain now, sad times :( " Then you see them pull up to a McDonalds drivethru and chew on a burger and suddenly they're all "it's good to be back!" or summat.

I can't remember the specifics exactly but the main obvious problem with it is that planet frying internationally ubiquitous offal slab merchants Mac Donalds are one of the only companies that can't use this as an advertising concept. I mean where the fuck have these ladies flown back from, Svalbard?

Only noticed the other day that they've licenced Soul II Soul as the music. Saying yes to that wasn't very concious was it, Jazzie B?

Icehaven

Quote from: gilbertharding on September 23, 2019, 03:40:25 PM
I also like the adverts for commemorative coins - which also vary in price from £free to £99. Only one per household.

Does anyone know anyone who's ever bought one of these, particularly if they did so prompted by an ad?