Author Topic: Cab Men II: Because fact into doubt won't go  (Read 55027 times)

Cerys

• Bionic-Arsed
  • Golden Member
  • Cyber Engineered Ravaged Yakking System
    • The Brainwrongs of Cerys
Re: Cab Men II: Because fact into doubt won't go
« Reply #720 on: January 17, 2020, 11:05:42 PM »
Have Wallace and Gromit been mentioned yet? Pair of sell out twats.

You don't know what kind of pressure they might have been under.  It's very easy to bully plasticine.

« Reply #721 on: January 18, 2020, 12:10:35 AM »
Especially since one is mute and the other is dead.

Cerys

• Bionic-Arsed
  • Golden Member
  • Cyber Engineered Ravaged Yakking System
    • The Brainwrongs of Cerys
« Reply #722 on: January 18, 2020, 01:38:07 AM »
Exactly!  I bamlem Feathers McGraw.

« Reply #723 on: January 18, 2020, 09:56:47 PM »
actually wow i didnt know about these Wallace and Gromit ads

DFS
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=489522031687518

Joules (wait, who?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyfBGZWOUzE

new precedent for Peter Sallis being replaced by Ben Whitehead, who's been doing Wallace in lesser capacities for years (Blackpool Pleasure Beach Ride, video games and other shit)

they are primarily stop motion but I think there's some CG in there, surely. like when gromit drops through the ceiling. easier to render that than use a model
edit: actually i looked it again and i guess gromit is a fully animated plasticine model but filmed separately and composited in over the set.

JesusAndYourBush

• Earnest silky coconut shell
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #724 on: January 24, 2020, 12:11:50 PM »
There's an ad which I've realised makes absolutely no sense at all.  It's the one for Voltarol where the dog is annoyed at the Voltarol because it means its owner is able to take it for a walk and the dog doesn't want to go for a walk.  BUT DOGS ARE FUCKING OBSESSED WITH GOING FOR WALKS.

« Reply #725 on: January 24, 2020, 12:58:51 PM »
Back on a bank tip - I had the displease of seeing a new Santander advert with Ant and Dec in the cinema the other day. It really offended my senses.

« Reply #726 on: January 29, 2020, 08:27:44 PM »
There's an ad which I've realised makes absolutely no sense at all.  It's the one for Voltarol where the dog is annoyed at the Voltarol because it means its owner is able to take it for a walk and the dog doesn't want to go for a walk.  BUT DOGS ARE FUCKING OBSESSED WITH GOING FOR WALKS.

I've always wanted to get a greyhound. Apparently they are the laziest dogs o n the planet.

« Reply #727 on: January 30, 2020, 01:16:48 PM »
I've always wanted to get a greyhound. Apparently they are the laziest dogs o n the planet.

Yeah...they're basically lanky cats. Although bear in mind that most of them have done enough running to last a hundred lifetimes, so fair fucks to them.

icehaven

• Please don't hi five people in Tamworth
« Reply #728 on: February 09, 2020, 06:56:31 PM »
There's an Army recruitment ad on at the moment in which a young recruit is on some kind of exersize, and he's hallucinating old friends trying to get him to go out drinking, then one of his comrades comes along and reassures him, the hallucinations vanish and on he troops, the jist being that you can get temporary confidence from drinking, or real confidence from joining the military. Because squaddies are well known for their sobriety of course.

« Reply #729 on: February 09, 2020, 10:04:34 PM »
Am I the first to suggest that the advertising team behind the Oatly campaign need a really good dose of the plague?

« Reply #730 on: February 09, 2020, 10:09:27 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWBp4m_WS-Q

Haaaaaaate these cunts but the girl in the ad is just funny.

Cuellar

• Taxes, they'll be lower...son
« Reply #731 on: February 15, 2020, 10:42:45 AM »
Saw an ad for curing dementia or something in the cinema last night. Kid annoying his family, turning the tv off in the middle of a football match, using the hot tap when the mum is in the shower, jumping out at his sister in a scary mask, all to try and get them to swear, but they never do - 'OH SUGAR', 'OH FFU....FUDGE' etc. There's clearly a swear jar type scenario going on, you see.

Anyway, kid and dad go and visit grandad in an old people's home - grandad has dementia, doesn't recognise the kid. Kid is sad, dad consoles him at home and steps on a toy or something and lets out an almighty swear. Kid is like 'YES, pay up dad!' and proffers the swear jar, upon which is a label 'GRANDAD CURE FUND'

So the family have been desperately trying NOT to contribute to a cure for their grandad?! Is he a massive cunt or something?

The story is full of holes.

« Reply #732 on: February 15, 2020, 04:48:32 PM »
Saw an ad for curing dementia or something in the cinema last night. Kid annoying his family, turning the tv off in the middle of a football match, using the hot tap when the mum is in the shower, jumping out at his sister in a scary mask, all to try and get them to swear, but they never do - 'OH SUGAR', 'OH FFU....FUDGE' etc. There's clearly a swear jar type scenario going on, you see.

Anyway, kid and dad go and visit grandad in an old people's home - grandad has dementia, doesn't recognise the kid. Kid is sad, dad consoles him at home and steps on a toy or something and lets out an almighty swear. Kid is like 'YES, pay up dad!' and proffers the swear jar, upon which is a label 'GRANDAD CURE FUND'

So the family have been desperately trying NOT to contribute to a cure for their grandad?! Is he a massive cunt or something?

The story is full of holes.

The grandads not a cunt, but his sister was in Kes and Coronation Street

Tags: