Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:44:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cab Men II: Because fact into doubt won't go

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 29, 2018, 09:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerys

Quote from: Brian Freeze on January 17, 2020, 07:38:49 PM
Have Wallace and Gromit been mentioned yet? Pair of sell out twats.

You don't know what kind of pressure they might have been under.  It's very easy to bully plasticine.

idunnosomename

Especially since one is mute and the other is dead.

Cerys

idunnosomename

actually wow i didnt know about these Wallace and Gromit ads

DFS
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=489522031687518

Joules (wait, who?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyfBGZWOUzE

new precedent for Peter Sallis being replaced by Ben Whitehead, who's been doing Wallace in lesser capacities for years (Blackpool Pleasure Beach Ride, video games and other shit)

they are primarily stop motion but I think there's some CG in there, surely. like when gromit drops through the ceiling. easier to render that than use a model
edit: actually i looked it again and i guess gromit is a fully animated plasticine model but filmed separately and composited in over the set.

JesusAndYourBush

There's an ad which I've realised makes absolutely no sense at all.  It's the one for Voltarol where the dog is annoyed at the Voltarol because it means its owner is able to take it for a walk and the dog doesn't want to go for a walk.  BUT DOGS ARE FUCKING OBSESSED WITH GOING FOR WALKS.

Sebastian Cobb

Back on a bank tip - I had the displease of seeing a new Santander advert with Ant and Dec in the cinema the other day. It really offended my senses.

Gulftastic

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on January 24, 2020, 12:11:50 PM
There's an ad which I've realised makes absolutely no sense at all.  It's the one for Voltarol where the dog is annoyed at the Voltarol because it means its owner is able to take it for a walk and the dog doesn't want to go for a walk.  BUT DOGS ARE FUCKING OBSESSED WITH GOING FOR WALKS.

I've always wanted to get a greyhound. Apparently they are the laziest dogs o n the planet.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Gulftastic on January 29, 2020, 08:27:44 PM
I've always wanted to get a greyhound. Apparently they are the laziest dogs o n the planet.

Yeah...they're basically lanky cats. Although bear in mind that most of them have done enough running to last a hundred lifetimes, so fair fucks to them.

Icehaven

There's an Army recruitment ad on at the moment in which a young recruit is on some kind of exersize, and he's hallucinating old friends trying to get him to go out drinking, then one of his comrades comes along and reassures him, the hallucinations vanish and on he troops, the jist being that you can get temporary confidence from drinking, or real confidence from joining the military. Because squaddies are well known for their sobriety of course.

Brian Freeze

Am I the first to suggest that the advertising team behind the Oatly campaign need a really good dose of the plague?

Cuellar

Saw an ad for curing dementia or something in the cinema last night. Kid annoying his family, turning the tv off in the middle of a football match, using the hot tap when the mum is in the shower, jumping out at his sister in a scary mask, all to try and get them to swear, but they never do - 'OH SUGAR', 'OH FFU....FUDGE' etc. There's clearly a swear jar type scenario going on, you see.

Anyway, kid and dad go and visit grandad in an old people's home - grandad has dementia, doesn't recognise the kid. Kid is sad, dad consoles him at home and steps on a toy or something and lets out an almighty swear. Kid is like 'YES, pay up dad!' and proffers the swear jar, upon which is a label 'GRANDAD CURE FUND'

So the family have been desperately trying NOT to contribute to a cure for their grandad?! Is he a massive cunt or something?

The story is full of holes.

JarrowMonkey

Quote from: Cuellar on February 15, 2020, 10:42:45 AM
Saw an ad for curing dementia or something in the cinema last night. Kid annoying his family, turning the tv off in the middle of a football match, using the hot tap when the mum is in the shower, jumping out at his sister in a scary mask, all to try and get them to swear, but they never do - 'OH SUGAR', 'OH FFU....FUDGE' etc. There's clearly a swear jar type scenario going on, you see.

Anyway, kid and dad go and visit grandad in an old people's home - grandad has dementia, doesn't recognise the kid. Kid is sad, dad consoles him at home and steps on a toy or something and lets out an almighty swear. Kid is like 'YES, pay up dad!' and proffers the swear jar, upon which is a label 'GRANDAD CURE FUND'

So the family have been desperately trying NOT to contribute to a cure for their grandad?! Is he a massive cunt or something?

The story is full of holes.

The grandads not a cunt, but his sister was in Kes and Coronation Street

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Have you ever noticed, right, have yer, have yer, how Trebor mints are unable to market their little disks of white crap without resorting to absolutely shit-tier observational comedy? I mean what's up with those seld service checkouts eh? Have you ever noticed

Chollis

I quite liked the Trebor softmints one. With the son telling his dad. So there.

beanheadmcginty

At school we always used to sing "Trebor mints are a minty bit stronger. Stick them up your bum and they last a bit longer."
They should put that in an advert.

Emma Raducanu

Who is the woman in the new 'you might like' Aldi advert? I recognise her (probably from casualty or something) but it's driving me mad.

willy crossit

Quote from: DolphinFace on February 29, 2020, 09:59:15 PM
Who is the woman in the new 'you might like' Aldi advert? I recognise her (probably from casualty or something) but it's driving me mad.

is she in armando iannucci shows

JarrowMonkey

Quote from: DolphinFace on February 29, 2020, 09:59:15 PM

Peep Show, Mark looking for the 'one' when they lock the burglar on the balcony

Emma Raducanu

sounds plausible! I was thinking maybe she'd been in Grange Hill 30 years ago or something.

edit: Susannah Wise, she was in Casualty and Where the Heart is. Finally I can get on with my life.

Cerys

Okay.  There was an ad on E4 in the last hour or so that used an orchestral piece from a film soundtrack.  I can't identify the film and I can't remember what the ad was for.  All I've got is ba da-da daaa - bap bada daaa daaaaa going  round in my head.

Help me.

Cerys

My bitch Google helped - it's from Robin Hood Prince of Thieves[nb]At about 6m 34s[/nb].  Sanity retained.  Or at least a vague facsimile thereof.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Cerys on March 03, 2020, 10:24:16 PM
My bitch Google helped - it's from Robin Hood Prince of Thieves[nb]At about 6m 34s[/nb].  Sanity retained.  Or at least a vague facsimile thereof.

Ah...was just about to suggest that (as it seemed to be the only soundtrack listed with the recent adverts on www.sounds-familiar.info). It's on that weird Starling Bank commercial.

Cerys

See, this is why I love the Internet.  Without it I'd still be humming those few bars to myself and bashing my head against thirty years of audio memories.

I also love your avatar and probably always will.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Cerys on March 04, 2020, 12:15:55 AM
I also love your avatar and probably always will.

Aww...thanks Cerys. This place wouldn't be the same without Uncle Deadly either.

Bently Sheds

Man watches car advert in car advert:
Ad in ad voiceover: "Introducing... The New Kia X-Ceed"
Man: "Is that the new Kia X-Ceed? Is it out?"

Course it's fucking out, you clopper. They're advertising it in an advert. They're not going to advertise it if it's not for sale, are they? "Introducing... the new Kia X-Ceed. It doesn't exist. We haven't made it yet. We just thought you'd like to look at some images of the car that might be coming out over the next twelve months or so..."

The fucking donger.

Cerys

They do it with films and games.  Maybe he asks if it's out yet to suggest that he's a hip and happening man of the world.

Edit - or he thinks the car might be gay.