Author Topic: Cab Men II: Because fact into doubt won't go  (Read 68938 times)

Re: Cab Men II: Because fact into doubt won't go
« Reply #840 on: May 17, 2020, 11:42:52 AM »
Nationwide's new one again with wretched spoken word sewage, all the great times during lockdown.  This virus is a God send to advertisers%uFF0Cthe adverts literally write themselves, any old fucker speaking into a webcam or phone, they could be talking about genital mutilation and I don't think anyone would pay attention.

That one's awful. One of the worst. I hate the way that we're being pre-loaded our memories of what all this was like - and not even by a hive mind of Facebook posts - it's corporate entities that are doing it. I imagine that there's some plan to use them in years to come to get us to buy stuff like when Russian assassins are triggered by hearing a certain piece of classical music played followed by a specific phrase.

The fact that almost every ad is virus-related, suspiciously competent Steven Bochco-style mobile video (albeit filmed in portrait to keep the illusion that a prole has submitted it) made me really happy to watch the Barclays ad about fraud where two men in gorilla suits get up to japes.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 12:31:15 PM by paruses »

icehaven

• Please don't hi five people in Tamworth
« Reply #841 on: May 17, 2020, 12:22:35 PM »
I imagine that there's some plan to use them in years to come to get us to buy stuff like when Russian assassins are triggered by hearing a certain piece of classical music played followed by a specific phrase.

This is why I hope it backfires spectacularly as Nationwide and anyone else who's gone big on lockdown advertising come to be intrinsically associated with this shitty time that everyone would much rather forget, so when it's all over they haemorrhage business.

Fr.Bigley

• Shall I boil this kettle dry?
« Reply #842 on: May 17, 2020, 12:31:04 PM »
Like Jess glynne and Jet2...insipid association now.

ollyboro

• More pussy than Sinatra
« Reply #843 on: May 24, 2020, 07:14:35 PM »
The end of Lockdown KFC ad's quite instructive. It shows various attempts by Joe Cunt to make a homemade KFC, then says "We'll take it from here". But the money shot hardly focuses on the real KFC food. Instead it gives more focus to the container it comes in.

« Reply #844 on: May 24, 2020, 07:26:47 PM »
The end of Lockdown KFC ad's quite instructive. It shows various attempts by Joe Cunt to make a homemade KFC, then says "We'll take it from here". But the money shot hardly focuses on the real KFC food. Instead it gives more focus to the container it comes in.

I actually got a craving for chicken burgers during this lockdown and took it upon myself to do some. I was surprised at how fucking easy it was and how well they came out having not done it before.

Hammer some thighs flat, mix in seasoning and flower, dip in egg then bread crumbs and fry in about 1cm of oil for ~4mins a side.

ollyboro

« Reply #845 on: May 24, 2020, 07:28:36 PM »
I actually got a craving for chicken burgers during this lockdown and took it upon myself to do some. I was surprised at how fucking easy it was and how well they came out having not done it before.

Hammer some thighs flat, mix in seasoning and flower, dip in egg then bread crumbs and fry in about 1cm of oil for ~4mins a side.

But..but..what about the secret recipe?

« Reply #846 on: May 24, 2020, 07:31:03 PM »
But..but..what about the secret recipe?

I left some mayonnaise in the sun.

ollyboro

« Reply #847 on: May 27, 2020, 01:54:50 AM »
The Cancer Research advert is an odd one. A woman sits there whilst a doctor says something like, "Well, we've got the results in.....and.....(at which point the patient looks truly terrified).....you don't need anymore treatment." At which point the patient bursts into tears and hugs the doctor.

Now if this is genuine and this was genuinely the first time the patient received her prognosis, weren't Cancer Research taking a huge gamble? What if it had been bad news? Would that have been broadcast? Unless they went through a few patients who were given the worst news before they got to the survivor? Unless it's fake. I hope not, because I feel really happy for the woman.

seepage

• sweaty robot
« Reply #848 on: May 27, 2020, 06:32:54 AM »
The Cancer Research advert is an odd one. A woman sits there whilst a doctor says something like, "Well, we've got the results in.....and.....(at which point the patient looks truly terrified).....you don't need anymore treatment." At which point the patient bursts into tears and hugs the doctor.

Now if this is genuine and this was genuinely the first time the patient received her prognosis, weren't Cancer Research taking a huge gamble? What if it had been bad news? Would that have been broadcast? Unless they went through a few patients who were given the worst news before they got to the survivor? Unless it's fake. I hope not, because I feel really happy for the woman.

I mentioned an earlier one in this thread with a male doctor where the "...and..." lasts a good 20 second gameshow pause before the same "you don't need anymore treatment". Unless the doctor is insane I don't think you'd pause like that IRL so I'm going with fake.

BlodwynPig

• The Last Living Member of COVID-20
« Reply #849 on: May 27, 2020, 10:39:36 AM »
I mentioned an earlier one in this thread with a male doctor where the "...and..." lasts a good 20 second gameshow pause before the same "you don't need anymore treatment". Unless the doctor is insane I don't think you'd pause like that IRL so I'm going with fake.

are you both the naivest people on the planet? A FUCKING ADVERT USING A REAL LIFE RESULTS DELIVERY???? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Jesus Christ.

monkfromhavana

• Top one, nice one, get sorted
« Reply #850 on: May 27, 2020, 10:44:01 AM »
are you both the naivest people on the planet? A FUCKING ADVERT USING A REAL LIFE RESULTS DELIVERY???? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Jesus Christ.

"I'm sorry, but the treatment on your son has failed and he only has a few weeks to live"

(Doctor swivels on chair, giving thumbs up to the camera "Was that ok?")

Fr.Bigley

• Shall I boil this kettle dry?
« Reply #851 on: May 27, 2020, 10:56:36 AM »
I'm afraid the cancer has spread to your arsehole Mrs Glover. I'm sorry, can I grab your tits?

« Reply #852 on: May 27, 2020, 01:29:06 PM »
This is why I hope it backfires spectacularly as Nationwide and anyone else who's gone big on lockdown advertising come to be intrinsically associated with this shitty time that everyone would much rather forget, so when it's all over they haemorrhage business.
please no all my money is there

petrilTanaka

• Are we counting shites?
« Reply #853 on: May 27, 2020, 02:45:07 PM »
I know this ad is normally for product ads, but I love one of the ads on Discovery Channel for it's own programme where some Brummie guy is claiming to have found Knights Templar treasure or something.

He claims 'It's the greatest find since Tutankhamun' but he pronounces the last word 'Tooting-kamoon' and it tickles me.

that sounds like a line from a Jasper Carrott set

JesusAndYourBush

• Earnest silky coconut shell
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #854 on: May 27, 2020, 03:56:27 PM »
"I'm sorry, but the treatment on your son has failed and he only has a few weeks to live"

(Doctor swivels on chair, giving thumbs up to the camera "Was that ok?")

(tarrant pause)

"...until he can go to disneyworld!  Because he's not going to die!"

(tarrant pause)

"...Until later in the year..."

(tarrant pause) 

"...he'll die from shock when he discovers he's got the all clear!!!!!"

(Confetti rains down from ceiling. Crying mother kicks doctor square in the nads.)

icehaven

• Please don't hi five people in Tamworth
« Reply #855 on: Yesterday at 10:45:52 PM »

Move it NOW.

FerriswheelBueller

• CaB rear of the year 2020
  • Silver Member
  • Take it easy, but take it.
    • I am antsy for baseball in the off-season.
« Reply #856 on: Yesterday at 11:47:25 PM »

I’m sure they’ll survive the loss of THREE POUNDS lmao

Edit: just realized why your comment made me laugh, reminded me of this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d7hE6MlFzz4

Tags: