Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:27:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Old man gets switch

Started by Dex Sawash, March 30, 2018, 01:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

Wife won a Switch as a door prize at a corporate thing in San Francisco. She gets off the plane with my new Switch at 11pm tomorrow.  Going to get Mario Kart (only thing I ever play on Wii). What else should I get? Hate the running and jumping on things games. My thumbs are permafucked from Battlefront on PS2.

Do I want downloads or physical copy games?

falafel

Downloads. Skyrim. Zelda. Rocket League.

Dex Sawash

downloading mario kart is taking too long I may die

Shay Chaise

Download the free ARMS Testpunch from the eShop. There's a free community event this weekend to introduce new players to the game. It's a proper try before you buy with a load of other players and noobs.

Dex Sawash

Thanks, saw that but didnt read it

Dex Sawash

Arms is good fun, not sure I would spend the $40 sale price (30% off now).
Spent a few minutes with Kirby demo this am, haven't Kirby'd since first gen Gameboy.

I thought Mario Kart 8 had a track builder tool, is that an expansion?

Kelvin

Quote from: Dex Sawash on April 01, 2018, 04:16:21 PM
I thought Mario Kart 8 had a track builder tool, is that an expansion?

It doesn't have a track builder in any form.

Dex Sawash

Kelvin

Yeah, sorry. Not sure where you got that idea. Maybe because the Excite-Bike level auto generates each version of the circuit from a variety of pieces, and is therefore (sort of) random?     

The game does have 48 mostly excellent tracks already, though.

Dex Sawash

Maybe it was a rumoured feature pre-release, maybe even another platform. I've not played since MK Wii

Mister Six

I know you hate the runny-jumpy stuff but Mario Odyssey is worth a rent, at least. It's pretty laid back and unpunishing (though still challenging) for the most part, and my missus and I have really enjoyed the two-player mode (because she's a bit crap at games, and the second player doesn't have to do anything too difficult).

Kelvin

Just buy Zelda.

Nothing is better than Zelda. Nothing.