Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:49:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Unsane

Started by Mark Steels Stockbroker, March 31, 2018, 11:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Steels Stockbroker

It's ok. There is some mileage in arguing it was all a psychotic break and none of the bits in the hospital occurred for real. What do you reckon?

itsfredtitmus

every few years there's a festival bait film shot on an iphone

olliebean

Quote from: Mark Steels Stockbroker on March 31, 2018, 11:27:28 AM
It's ok. There is some mileage in arguing it was all a psychotic break and none of the bits in the hospital occurred for real. What do you reckon?

Frankly if you argued that about 99% of movies they'd make more sense.

Sin Agog

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on March 31, 2018, 01:11:07 PM
every few years there's a festival bait film shot on an iphone

There's Tangerine, this and...?  At least the two I've seen have both been pretty good.  Kermode or someone kept on comparing this to Shock Corridor, but it's nowhere near as lurid and off-kilter as that, though it is a lot of seemy fun.  Could imagine it failing miserably if Claire Foy didn't hold it together so well.  She said that the total lack of a crew made everything so much easier, which seems fair enough.  I'm all for more films made with a skeleton crew, as some of Hollwood's union rules sound like a total and utter money-sink, even if they might have good intentions.  They're probably what discourages mid-to-low budget movies from being made.  This iphone business, if attached to a good script, seems like a good solution to that.

Neat Matt Damon cameo, too.

itsfredtitmus

whoops think I must have thought unrelated and archipelago were iphone films (its hard being a single title film)

Hecate

This could have been so much better than it was. There was something really unnerving about the way it was shot and the colours and stuff, it was properly freaking me out at the start where you couldn't quite tell if she was losing it or not but it went downhill really fast once they removed that uncertainty.

Icehaven

Watched this the other night totally unaware until 5 seconds ago that it was all shot on an Iphone. That aside the plot holes bothered me, him getting a job in the hospital just before she voluntarily/accidentally had herself committed there? Caaaam aaaaaahn! But never would have thought it was entirely Iphone made so fair enough.

Noodle Lizard

It was pretty shit, ultimately.  A couple of good scenes/moments here and there, but that plot is an absolute trainwreck.  Felt very studenty, not just because of the way it's shot.

Ant Farm Keyboard

Quote from: Sin Agog on April 02, 2018, 04:03:35 AM
  She said that the total lack of a crew made everything so much easier, which seems fair enough.  I'm all for more films made with a skeleton crew, as some of Hollwood's union rules sound like a total and utter money-sink, even if they might have good intentions.  They're probably what discourages mid-to-low budget movies from being made.  This iphone business, if attached to a good script, seems like a good solution to that.

Paul Scheer shot an episode from NTSF:SD:SUV:: in London. He spoke later about how the crew was for once much smaller and they still could work as fast or even faster than their American equivalent.

zomgmouse

This was really quite good. Soderbergh can do creepy detached video aesthetic like nobody's business. Playing on helplessness and gaslighting and the rest of it was effective, and a good ending.

Mark Steels Stockbroker

So... was it real or not?