Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:32:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tory Racism (a guide to the true face of the right wing)

Started by Absorb the anus burn, April 01, 2018, 06:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funcrusher

I wonder how widely reported antisemitism in the Tory Party will be compared to bullshit stories about Labour.

honeychile

This front page article was published two years ago, which listed several incidents beyond the usual "hostile environment for migrants" / "piccaninnies" comments:

QuoteRACIST THEN, RACIST NOW

• February 2009: Bolton councillor Bob Allen posted a picture of a gorilla alongside a critical comment about an Asian Labour councillor on a blog. He apologised, the party investigated, but it is not known if he was disciplined. He still appears to be a councillor.

• March 2009: Leicestershire councillor Robert Fraser said that Romanians would "stick a knife in you as soon as look at you." And: "Some of these European ones, they make the Irish look like complete amateurs and I would dread, I would dread, to see them in Groby." The Tories sent him on diversity training, but he stood again for them.

• November 2009: MP for Spelthorne David Wilshire said the exposé of MPs' expenses left them treated like Jews in nazi Germany: "Branding a whole group of people as undesirables led to Hitler's gas chambers." David Cameron asked him to say sorry.

• January 2010: Smith Benson, councillor for Colne, complained that there were "too many Pakis" in his town. Council leader Tony Beckett refused to discipline him and said: "I think for the Labour Party to say he should be sacked for making a sweeping statement is a bit strong."

• August 2011: Tory Dover councillor Bob Frost describes rioters as "jungle bunnies." He lost his teaching job but the Tories only suspended him for two months. In 2014, he referred to the prospective Middle Eastern buyers of Dover port as "sons of camel drivers." No action was taken.

• January 2013: Enfield Tory councillor Chris Joannides compares Muslim children to black bin bags in a Facebook post.

• April 2014: Barnet councillor Tom Davey said online that it might be easier to find a job if he were "a black female wheelchair-bound amputee who is sexually attracted to other women." He was not disciplined by the party.

• October 2014: Maidenhead councillor Alan Mellins complained about Travellers and said the solution was to "execute them." He said sorry and resigned but it's not clear if the party ever disciplined him.

• May 2014: Tory Coulsdon activist Stephen Lees tweets: "Every single Muslim should be expelled from this country — not deported — expelled, and every mosque demolished."

• August 2014: UCL Conservative Society member reportedly comments: "Jews own everything, we all know it's true. I wish I was Jewish, but my nose isn't long enough." There is no evidence that the Conservative Party ever investigated.

• April 2015: A Tory council candidate in Luton, David Coulter, describes Travellers as "pikies" and "thieving troublemakers." He was suspended.

• May 2015: Tory councillor for Leicestershire Bob Fahey refers to a fellow councillor as a "chink." There is no record of any disciplinary action and he apparently remains a councillor.

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on April 01, 2018, 06:37:10 PM

TORY SOCIETY THROWN INTO TURMOIL OVER ANTISEMITISM:

http://thetab.com/2014/08/04/tory-society-thrown-into-disarray-amid-claims-of-anti-semitism-19455

Antisemitism amongst Tories seems strange. Isn't the Tory party full of covetous Jews, goyim hybrids, and servile Shabbos goys? Michael Howard is a Jew, for example, and he looks and sounds like a Goebbelsian caricature.

Dr Rock

Might as well throw this in

Right-wing writer and broadcaster keeps both jobs no probs after 'Enoch was right' tweet.

You have to laugh when Enoch brings the character of the 'ordinary working man' into his speech.

QuoteA week or two ago I fell into conversation with a constituent, a middle-aged, quite ordinary working man employed in one of our nationalised industries.

After a sentence or two about the weather, he suddenly said: "If I had the money to go, I wouldn't stay in this country." I made some deprecatory reply to the effect that even this government wouldn't last for ever; but he took no notice, and continued: "I have three children, all of them been through grammar school and two of them married now, with family. I shan't be satisfied till I have seen them all settled overseas. In this country in 15 or 20 years' time the black man will have the whip hand over the white man."

Is that really what the ordinary working man suddenly said, Enoch? Because it doesn't sound like something you would hear from the man in the street.

BlodwynPig

The Powell quote is wrong it was this:

QuoteA week or two ago I fell into conversation with a constituent, a middle-aged, quite ordinary working man employed in one of our nationalised industries.

After a sentence or two about the weather, he suddenly said: "If I had the money to go, I wouldn't stay in this country." I made some deprecatory reply to the effect that even this government wouldn't last for ever; but he took no notice, and continued: "I have three children, all of them been through grammar school and two of them married now, with family. I shan't be satisfied till I have seen them all settled overseas. In this country in 45 or 50 years' time a black man from Plymouth will tell a Conservative Prime Minister about the time he served in the Royal Navy and how sick of the out-of-control system that Britain faces itself...in that future time, guv'nor"

honeychile

Ii like that she turned it into "the Rivers speech". Who remembers what they were even rivers of anyway? Rivers of golden syrup or something wasn't it?

Dr Rock

The other day, I fell into conversation with a modest chap who worked for a local bookmakers, he said, 'Mr Powell,  we must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children, ain't it though.'

Note I am just repeating what I've heard, they can't do you for that.

Vodka Margarine

Quote from: honeychile on April 01, 2018, 09:19:37 PM
"the Rivers speech"

If you want to destroy my sweater
Hold this thread as I walk away
Watch me unravel, I'll soon be naked
Lying on the floor, lying on the floor
I've come undone

idunnosomename

If you can find me a single member of the Conservative party who doesn't think all brown people aren't real Brits and smell of curry then well.

Quote from: Vodka Margarine on April 01, 2018, 10:09:51 PM
If you want to destroy my sweater
Hold this thread as I walk away
Watch me unravel, I'll soon be naked
Lying on the floor, lying on the floor
I've come undone
lmao

Danger Man

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 01, 2018, 10:17:04 PM
If you can find me a single member of the Conservative party who doesn't think all brown people aren't real Brits and smell of curry then well.

First female PM (Tory)

Second female PM (Tory)

First gay PM (Tory, assuming it was Ted Heath)

First Chinese MP (Tory)

First Asian MP (Whig)

First Asian female in the Cabinet (Tory)

First Asian male in the Cabinet (Tory)

So, yeah, the Tories are the racists but are also the party were people who aren't straight white men can do quite well for themselves,

Flouncer

...as long as they think and behave exactly like a straight white man.

greenman

Quote from: honeychile on April 01, 2018, 09:19:37 PM
Ii like that she turned it into "the Rivers speech". Who remembers what they were even rivers of anyway? Rivers of golden syrup or something wasn't it?

Many to cross weren't there?

I'm surprised it has taken this long for The Spectator to become 'controversial'. Don't get me wrong – I am not offended by it myself. It can be interesting sometimes. But the opinions Boris is slammed for here are the sort of opinions they have been publishing for years. Rod Liddle and all that jazz. I suppose the people who would be offended by the publication have not been reading it. Somehow it slipped through their radar.

This is what he said, btw:

QuoteThis might get me into hot water, but I've been there before. Race is more than skin deep, no ifs or buts about it. On average, Orientals are slower to mature, less randy, less fertile, and have larger brains and higher IQ scores. Blacks are at the other pole, and whites fall somewhere in the middle, although closer to the Orientals than the blacks. In sport, blacks have a genetic edge. They have narrower hips which give them a more efficient stride, and a higher centre of gravity for better balance. They have wider shoulders, less body fat, and more muscle. With more testosterone than whites and Orientals, they possess more explosive energy. Ergo their superiority in sports such as boxing and sprinting.

http://archive.spectator.co.uk/article/4th-november-2000/78/high-life

Danger Man

Quote from: Flouncer on April 01, 2018, 10:40:53 PM
...as long as they think and behave exactly like a straight white man.

Feel free to call any non-white Tory a 'house negro' if you want but the fact is that the Tory party is colour blind (as long as you have enough money).

The Labour Party needs the non-white vote but is still very male and pale when it comes to the executive.

Danger Man

QuoteOrientals are slower to mature, less randy

Not the ones I taught fucked heard about second hand.

Meant to quote this paragraph too.

QuoteAccording to J. Philippe Rushton, professor of psychology at the University of Western Ontario, the reason why whites and East Asians have wider hips than blacks, and as a result are poorer runners, is because they give birth to larger-brained babies. It all has to do with climate, according to the good prof. Modern humans evolved in Africa about 200,000 years ago. Africans and non-Africans then split about 100,000 years ago. The further north they went, the harder it became to find food, raise children and find shelter. Larger brains were needed for a longer life and more family stability.

I think this is the bit that got people fired up.

manticore

QuoteFirst gay PM (Tory, assuming it was Ted Heath)

This is silly, obviously. The relevant question would be who had the first out and glad gay PM, which is no one yet of course. (Also I bet there were closeted PMs before Heath).

RedRevolver

Quote from: Danger Man on April 01, 2018, 10:29:31 PM
First female PM (Tory)

Second female PM (Tory)

First gay PM (Tory, assuming it was Ted Heath)

First Chinese MP (Tory)

First Asian MP (Whig)

First Asian female in the Cabinet (Tory)

First Asian male in the Cabinet (Tory)

So, yeah, the Tories are the racists but are also the party were people who aren't straight white men can do quite well for themselves,

Because wealth + opportunity > whatever minority you find yourself in.

Quote from: manticore on April 01, 2018, 10:59:48 PM
This is silly, obviously. The relevant question would be who had the first out and glad gay PM, which is no one yet of course. (Also I bet there were closeted PMs before Heath).

When Peter Tatchell dies, I hope we will finally get The Tatchell Diaries. He pursued that aggressive 'outing' campaign and I bet he received a ton of information from anonymous sources. He has a Book and it's all going to come out some day.

Howj Begg

Quote from: Default to the negative on April 01, 2018, 10:46:57 PM
I'm surprised it has taken this long for The Spectator to become 'controversial'. Don't get me wrong – I am not offended by it myself. It can be interesting sometimes. But the opinions Boris is slammed for here are the sort of opinions they have been publishing for years. Rod Liddle and all that jazz. I suppose the people who would be offended by the publication have not been reading it. Somehow it slipped through their radar.

This is what he said, btw:

http://archive.spectator.co.uk/article/4th-november-2000/78/high-life

QuoteThey have narrower hips which give them a more efficient stride, and a higher centre of gravity for better balance. They have wider shoulders, less body fat, and more muscle. With more testosterone than whites and Orientals, they possess more explosive energy. Ergo their superiority in sports such as boxing and sprinting.

Possibly unconsciously, every descriptive qualifier and adjective he's used about "blacks" there actually applies to men. Passing over the idea that he thinks men and women are different races (no jokes at the back there) it raises some intruiging thoughts about his unexpressed... er... needs.

Dr Rock

Danger Man

Quote from: RedRevolver on April 01, 2018, 11:09:39 PM
Because wealth + opportunity > whatever minority you find yourself in.

Of course. The Tories are all about money and power which makes them a very open church. Labour are about selling the poor a better future which is a rather more closed shop.

But the paths cross. Harold Wilson and David Cameron both did PPE at Oxford and then had to pretend to be dumber than they really were to become PM. It's not red vs blue, it's (as Biggy keeps telling us) an elite vs everybody else.

Dr Rock

Dr Rock

First openly transgender parliamentarian: Nikki Sinclaire, United Kingdom Independence Party (later Independent) MEP for the West Midlands from 2009 – 2014 (came out in 2013)

Dr Rock

marquis_de_sad

It's really not worth pointing out when Danger Man is wrong. Just assume he is and move on.

Danger Man

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on April 01, 2018, 11:22:43 PM
It's really not worth pointing out when Danger Man is wrong. Just assume he is and move on.

No, go on. Point out the factual inaccuracies in what I've posted.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Danger Man on April 01, 2018, 11:25:02 PM
No, go on. Point out the factual inaccuracies in what I've posted.

Dr Rock already did, mate. And the Whigs are not the same as the Tory Party.

edit: Oh and the first Asian MP was in the Liberal Party.