Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:29:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tory Racism (a guide to the true face of the right wing)

Started by Absorb the anus burn, April 01, 2018, 06:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howj Begg

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on April 01, 2018, 11:28:19 PM
Dr Rock already did, mate. And the Whigs are not the same as the Tory Party.

They were in fact the Tories' main opposition until they turned into the Liberals in the mid 19c. Love that DM thought they were the same party.

Absorb the anus burn

A councillor in Kent who made offensive comments on Facebook will not be expelled from the Conservative Party.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-15112654

Absorb the anus burn

A Tory councillor sparked outrage after posting an offensive picture that compared Muslim children to black plastic bin liners.

See http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/conservative-councillor-compares-muslim-kids-1593285

Absorb the anus burn

Absorb the anus burn

A Tory councillor has been arrested after an alleged racist incident at an airport taxi rank. Councillor Shaun Smith, 37, who represents Wheelton and Withnell ward on Chorley Borough Council, was held by police after a late night fracas...

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/news/841566.councillor_arrested_after_alleged_racist_incident/

Absorb the anus burn

MEGA MIRROR TORY RACIST REPOSITORY:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/27-times-tory-party-racism-7904018

"... In April 2015, a Tory candidate for Derby Council, Gulzabeen Afsar, said she would never support "the Jew" in reference to Ed Miliband..."

"... Jews own everything, we all know it's true. I wish I was Jewish, but my nose isn't long enough. In October 2014 after an investigation by UCL Union, the Conservative Society was ordered to apologise. There is no evidence that the Conservative Party investigated the incidents..."

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on April 01, 2018, 11:41:39 PM
Wow.... They just keep on coming.

Yeah, but it's better to spread them out a bit. You scuppered your own thread with that link bombardment.

Anyway, you picked up one of my favourite Boris bits:

QuoteIn a 2002 column for the Daily Telegraph, Boris Johnson (then MP for Henley) described black people as "piccaninnies" with "watermelon smiles".

He apologised six years later in 2008 (when running to be London Mayor). No disciplinary action was taken by the Conservative Party at any point.

I will never understand why you Londoners voted this man as your mayor. I know Ken pissed people off with his congestion charges and whatnot. But does that mean you have to vote for Boris? Surely there's a third or fourth option?

And isn't London full of black people anyway? Did they vote for Boris or did they just not vote? I suppose it must be the latter because I can't imagine London blacks casting a Boris vote.

Oops! Wrong Planet

Quote from: Dr Rock on April 01, 2018, 11:18:57 PM
First openly transgender parliamentarian: Nikki Sinclaire, United Kingdom Independence Party (later Independent) MEP for the West Midlands from 2009 – 2014 (came out in 2013)

First one in his family to go to university since 23000 BC: Neil Kinnock.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Default to the negative on April 02, 2018, 12:57:10 AM
Yeah, but it's better to spread them out a bit. You scuppered your own thread with that link bombardment.

Anyway, you picked up one of my favourite Boris bits:

I will never understand why you Londoners voted this man as your mayor. I know Ken pissed people off with his congestion charges and whatnot. But does that mean you have to vote for Boris? Surely there's a third or fourth option?

And isn't London full of black people anyway? Did they vote for Boris or did they just not vote? I suppose it must be the latter because I can't imagine London blacks casting a Boris vote.

The voting forms were confusing.

Quote from: Dr Rock on April 02, 2018, 01:00:49 AM
The voting forms were confusing.

I can just imagine the voting forms.

Would you like to vote for Sour Ken?

Oh my word, what a killjoy. Perhaps you would like to vote for Wacky Boris instead?

'Oh yes please, Boris is an absolute scream!'

And you fucking did it, didn't you?

pancreas

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Danger Man on April 01, 2018, 10:29:31 PM
First PM obsessed with money over humanity (Tory)

Second PM obsessed with money over humanity (Tory)

First gay PM obsessed with money over humanity (Tory, assuming it was Ted Heath)

First Chinese MP obsessed with money over humanity (Tory)

First Asian MP obsessed with money over humanity (Whig)

First Asian female in the Cabinet obsessed with money over humanity (Tory)

First Asian male in the Cabinet obsessed with money over humanity (Tory)

The example of the postroom guy who is now our Director of IT & Comms is always brought up at work as proof that anyone can make it to the top at our business if they work hard and apply themselves, a classic misinterpretation of the truth which is that he is the only person to have ever done that or similar, as our company structure and culture makes it virtually impossible for anyone new to make it to that level.

We do however recruit and employ women and minorities genuinely without prejudice, and as a white male I am the minority here.

If you pick out exceptions as being typical of a wider culture you need a refresher on how to think critically.

Johnny Yesno

First female PM (Tory)

Second female PM (Tory)

Both catastrophic for the country, which is why we should never allow tories to run it.

mothman

Good find pancreas, thought of that one but couldn't remember where I'd seen it.

Absorb the anus burn

Quote from: Default to the negative on April 02, 2018, 12:57:10 AM

No worries, lots more where that came from.

Absorb the anus burn

idunnosomename

Have you ever read Johnson's original column?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/3571742/If-Blairs-so-good-at-running-the-Congo-let-him-stay-there.html

QuoteWhat a relief it must be for Blair to get out of England. It is said that the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth, partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies; and one can imagine that Blair, twice victor abroad but enmired at home, is similarly seduced by foreign politeness.

They say he is shortly off to the Congo. No doubt the AK47s will fall silent, and the pangas will stop their hacking of human flesh, and the tribal warriors will all break out in watermelon smiles to see the big white chief touch down in his big white British taxpayer-funded bird. Like Zeus, back there in the Iliad, he has turned his shining eyes away, far over the lands of the Hippemolgoi, the drinkers of mares' milk. He has forgotten domestic affairs, and here, as it happens, in this modest little country that elected him, hell has broken loose.

He is such a show-off cleverdick who tries to be funny and appear effortlessly learned but just says things that are obviously offensive and looks like a fucking idiot. Needs a clip round the ear. Shut up, Johnson.

Thomas

Some very useful articles in this thread, especially the dossiers of Tory racism the action (or, frequently, inaction) that followed.

Where can these things be more loudly broadcast? Owen Jones seems to be a fighting a one-man defence of Corbyn at the moment, rather at odds with the general direction of the rest of the Guardian. Perhaps his editor would allow him to write an article about Tory racism, for editorial balance.

Boris Johnson really is a fuckin git isn't he.

shh

Quote from: Flouncer on April 01, 2018, 10:40:53 PM
...as long as they think and behave exactly like a straight white man.

The majority of white men in this country are lower-middle/working class, so precisely how behaving like them will get you ahead is a mystery to me. Perhaps you're just behaving like one of those cool straight white Americans they have in America and using 'white' as a generic complaint.

Flouncer

It's a bit unfair to take that out of the context of Danger Man's preceding post, and besides which I think it's a perfectly valid point that you aren't going to get a prominent position in the Tory party unless you are prepared to drop any social allegiances you might hold and conform to a fairly strict idea of Britishness that generally excludes any viewpoint which clashes with the interests of straight, white (and rich) men. The only thing I would change in that statement is adding 'rich' to it. Danger Man was holding Thatcher up as an example of the Tories being progressive when, in fact, she contributed nothing to the cause of feminism and only got where she was by behaving like a man and not giving a toss about the plight of other women. I admit that I didn't express this well at all, but that's what I was getting at.

Large Noise

Douglas Ross MP wants to get tough on Gypsies
QuoteIn the Meet the MPs interview with Core Politics, Mr Ross was asked: "If you were prime minister for the day, without any repercussions, what would you do?"

He responded: "I would like to see tougher enforcement against Gypsy travellers"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-41029954

That's his dream policy, that's the one thing he'd do if he could do anything.

Andrew Mitchell on whether we should take Syrian refugees into Europe
QuoteThe answer to this whole issue is not to recreate Syria in Europe.
https://www.conservativehome.com/interviews-5/2015/09/interview-andrew-mitchell-i-have-always-believed-that-the-absolute-bar-on-having-anything-to-do-with-assad-is-wrong.html

Cause they won't arrive somewhere peaceful and prosperous with opportunities and functional institutions and make a better life for themselves. No, they'll drag the rest of us down and turn Europe into a hellhole. That's just what Syrians do.

Funcrusher

Quote from: shh on April 02, 2018, 02:17:27 PM
The majority of white men in this country are lower-middle/working class, so precisely how behaving like them will get you ahead is a mystery to me. Perhaps you're just behaving like one of those cool straight white Americans they have in America and using 'white' as a generic complaint.

Indeed.

itsfredtitmus

First female PM (Tory)

Second female PM (Tory)

First gay PM (Tory, assuming it was Ted Heath)

First Chinese MP (Tory)

First Asian MP (Whig)

First Asian female in the Cabinet (Tory)

First Asian male in the Cabinet (Tory)

So, yeah, the Tories are the racists but are also the party were people who aren't straight white men can do quite well for themselves,
im voting for tories now theyre woke

Absorb the anus burn

Tons more TORY RACIST BILE collated here:

https://evolvepolitics.com/a-massive-36-tweet-thread-exposing-the-extraordinary-scale-of-tory-racism-and-abuse-is-going-viral-for-very-obvious-reasons/

"... In October 2014, Maidenhead Tory Councillor Alan Mellins suggested complained about Travellers and said the solution was to "Execute them." He apologised and then later resigned as a Councillor over the incident. It is not clear whether the Conservative Party took any disciplinary actions.

In January 2015, a Conservative Councillor for Bishop's Stortford was accused of anti-semitism for a tweet and condemned by Tory MP Robert Halfon as "abhorrent" and "unacceptable". Councillor Colin Woodward apologised and no action was taken by the Conservative Party.

In October 2015, a Tory Councillor in Rugby, Jim Buckley, tweeted re: Sadiq Khan,"Your next London Mayor? You think his corner shop would be open on a Saturday?" He was suspended from the Conservative Party, and charged (though not convicted) with sending an offensive message...."

Absorb the anus burn

RACIST SCOTTISH TORIES:

http://thenational.scot/news/16129425.Who___s_all_in_Ruth_Davidson___s_Hall_of_Conservative_Shame_/#comments-anchor

DOUGLAS ROSS: The MP sparked a furore shortly after winning his Westminster seat when he said that his number one priority, if he were prime minister for a day, would be "tougher enforcement against gypsies and travellers". He later described gypsy travellers as a "blight on our community" who had to be "dealt with". It then emerged that he had compared a traveller encampment to a landfill site years earlier while serving as a Moray councillor.

ALASTAIR MAJURY & ROBERT DAVIES: suspended by the party over their online activities. The Stirling councillors were reinstated following diversity training as part of disciplinary action, but Davies has since left the party. He likened black people to cannibals, while Majury, who remains a Tory councillor, dismissed homelessness and food support charities, attacked benefit claimants and made homophobic remarks regarding equal marriage.

NEILL GRAHAM: represents Paisley Northeast and Ralston on Renfrewshire Council, appeared in a leaked BNP membership database. He said the mobile number listed was his, but denied membership.

TODD FERGUSON: Dalry and West Kilbride councillor for North Ayrshire Council, had to apologise to the SNP's Joy Brahim for comments relating to her Dutch nationality.

TREVOR DOUGLAS: of North Lanarkshire Council shared UKIP posts and said Serbia could "go back to selling white kids to slave traders".

ALASTAIR REDMAN: on Argyll and Bute Council, faced pressure as he stood for Westminster in 2014 after sharing a Facebook post by Britain First, which welcomed news of Abu Hamza being convicted of terror charges in the US..."

Keep digging folks...... Lots more out there.

Absorb the anus burn

Sorry for the mail image..... No link, because I have some self-respect left.

Absorb the anus burn

THERESA MAY'S "GO HOME VANS"

+++++++++++++

ANTISEMITISM

"..... In November 2009, Tory MP for Spelthorne, David Wilshire, said the expose of MPs expenses left them treated like Jews in Nazi Germany, stating "Branding a whole group of people as undesirables led to Hitler's gas chambers.... David Cameron asked him to apologise...."

++++++++++++++

NAZI THEMED PARTY:

.....In December 2011, Tory MP for Cannock Chase, Aidan Burley, helped organise a Nazi-themed stag party.....