Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:07:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Jeff Goldblum's fucking great

Started by Kelvin, April 01, 2018, 11:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Dex Sawash on April 08, 2018, 12:26:41 AM
I didn't get laid after my date for Earth Girls Are Easy,  will always hold Goldblum responsible.
Sue the writers. That's flagrant false advertising.

Kelvin

Quote from: (Ex poster) on April 08, 2018, 11:05:24 AM
In one of his recent vids to promote Isle Of Dogs he casually admitted to affected vocal tics, and even as someone who feels a repulsion for actors I was totally charmed.

Oh it was the fumferling thing above

Was he saying it was affected in that clip? He just seemed to be saying he's aware of it, and has a name for it.

I mean, I've always assumed it is at least partially affected. It became more pronounced as time went on, for example. On the other hand, it is there in his early roles, and in every interview. At a certain point, maintaining a fake "tic" for hours at a time on press tours must be incredibly annoying. I assume it's more that he just hams it up and leans into it.   

ieXush2i

It's the clip where he's answering google's autocomplete suggestions when you enter his name, the question is "does jeff goldblum stutter" and he explains that no, it's fumferling and it's an affectation.

Kelvin

Quote from: (Ex poster) on April 08, 2018, 11:55:06 AM
It's the clip where he's answering google's autocomplete suggestions when you enter his name, the question is "does jeff goldblum stutter" and he explains that no, it's fumferling and it's an affectation.

You're absolutely right. I knew the clip you meant, but had misremembered his answer. He does indeed say it's an affectation.

St_Eddie

Mr Banlon

He didn't have a lot of time for wealthy folk in his younger days.

Norton Canes

Are any of these links to Igby Goes Down? He's great in that.

famethrowa

Quote from: Norton Canes on April 11, 2018, 10:21:35 AM
Are any of these links to Igby Goes Down? He's great in that.

Oh! Especially the bit where he says "methinks... you have pissed in the well from which you drink"

the science eel

Loved him playing a fruity academic in Le Week-end

magval

There's a great scene in Larry Sanders where Jeff (as himself) and Larry are talking about Geena Davis, who has just left the room, and Larry says something to the effect of "Jesus, she is really into you" and Jeff replies with a sort of dismissive "no, you" look and points at him.

He kind of gives a line reading with his face and hands. You can literally remember him saying something that he never does. He's amazing.

bgmnts

Going to watch Jurassic World 2: Dinosaur Fighting tomorrow purely because the 'blum is in it.

magval

Jurassic Park 4 2.

I hear he's not in much boss, I wouldn't buy too expensive a ticket if he's your draw.

bgmnts

I'm not buying thankfully.

Still, fuck!

St_Eddie

Quote from: magval on June 06, 2018, 12:43:23 PM
There's a great scene in Larry Sanders where Jeff (as himself) and Larry are talking about Geena Davis, who has just left the room, and Larry says something to the effect of "Jesus, she is really into you" and Jeff replies with a sort of dismissive "no, you" look and points at him.

He kind of gives a line reading with his face and hands. You can literally remember him saying something that he never does. He's amazing.

How do I not remember Jeff Goldblum being in The Larry Sander's Show?  You'd think that such a thing would be engraved upon one's memory.