Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:04:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Spotify/iPhone cache clearing issue

Started by alan nagsworth, April 02, 2018, 12:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

I'm starting to suspect that my problem is unresolvable but I need to be sure, and this is maybe the best place to ask that won't warrant a load of unspecific answers from 2014 or people taking steaming moronic turds all over my quandary and suggesting I do the exact opposite of what I'm asking, so here I am.

I have Spotify on my iPhone. I don't have a big data plan, and I commute the Underground a lot, so consequently I download everything I listen to on my home wifi for offline use. Now, I'm running low on space on my phone, so I need to shed a bunch of Spotify downloads, but I don't want to lose everything I've downloaded because I'd say around 2/3 of it is stuff I want to keep. I can uncheck the download box on individual albums but iOS being the uncompromising ballbag it is means that the sodding data doesn't actually leave my phone.

With any other app, I'm not arsed that the simple way to clear the cache is to delete and reinstall it, as it just takes a login and a couple of settings adjustments, and it doesn't happen often, so whatever. But with Spotify, I obviously do not want to have to re-download 8-10GB of music. It seems there are third party cache-clearing apps, so if there's one available that isn't riddled with ads and convoluted shite that hasn't been updated in five years, and actually does what I need, I'd really appreciate having that brought to my attention!

Failing that, is there any other way or am I basically fucked here?