Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:20:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lee & Dean

Started by Malcy, April 02, 2018, 07:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

Did anyone else watch this? I wasn't too sure about it at first but by the end i had enjoyed it. A few of the jokes i didn't like and some of the characters are complete arseholes but i think that's supposed to be the point. I can see it being quite popular. All episodes are up on All4 as well.

j_u_d_a_s

Absolutely loathed it in the first half of the first episode and left it after for a while. Came back to it a few hours after and the second half really won me over.

I'm on episode 4 now so yeah, it's a solid show for sure.

Malcy

Really enjoying this. Would rather download the rest than binge them on All4 so just watching weekly though.

Malcy

This gets better and better. The poetry evening was hilarious, especially the big feminist one. 'Where My Fuck'?

Malcy

Didn't see it going the way it did this week. It's such a well written show. Dean giving Lee the money as a wedding present after bailing him out by paying the wages followed by the way he delivered the 'That's the last of me nan's money now' line was superb. Well written characters.

Surprised that hardly anyone is watching/discussing it on here. Shows that are airing rarely do in the Comedy Chat forum anyway. Quite often it's just people posting the same comments about the same shows/people (Kay, Gervais) etc over and over.

Watched Life On The Road again after this weeks episode and there was Lee as Brent's boss!

Porter Dimi

Yeah, this has been unexpectedly brilliant. Hoping for a second series...

Malcy

Brilliant end. A great part of this show has been the fact that you know it was all going to blow up sooner or later and it done it very well. Definitely one of my favourite new shows in several years.

Ch4 would be mental not to give this a second series.

Beagle 2

Quote from: Malcy on April 23, 2018, 02:00:51 PM

Surprised that hardly anyone is watching/discussing it on here. Shows that are airing rarely do in the Comedy Chat forum anyway. Quite often it's just people posting the same comments about the same shows/people (Kay, Gervais) etc over and over.

I did watch it and I though it was absolutely shit. I spent most of it swearing about the damage The Office has done to British comedy. So I suppose that sort of proves your point.

neardark

Couldn't get past thinking about how fucking worn out the documentary style is now to enjoy it. Why not just make it a normal sitcom ffs. It's not performed in a manner that warrants the documentary thing. Same issue with This Country. The characters are performed in a more traditional sitcom way yet we're meant to believe it's a documentary.

bomb_dog

Only watched two episodes so far as although I sort-of enjoyed it, the characters aren't likeable enough to encourage me to endure the others. There's something about it that leaves a bit of a nasty taste in the mouth. It's like they've watched People Just Do Nothing but swapped out all the characters for cunts.

Shit Good Nose

I switched off after ten minutes of the first episode.  I normally give comedy shows one full episode at least, but yeah - the Gervaisian doc style immediately put me off, and the hateful characters did the rest.  Sorry.

Malcy

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on April 29, 2018, 03:41:37 PM
I switched off after ten minutes of the first episode.  I normally give comedy shows one full episode at least, but yeah - the Gervaisian doc style immediately put me off, and the hateful characters did the rest.  Sorry.

I almost did the same but stuck with it and was hooked by the end of the first episode. I don't think the characters were written to be instantly  likeable.

Malcy

bomb_dog

Quote from: bomb_dog on April 29, 2018, 01:12:28 PM
Only watched two episodes so far as although I sort-of enjoyed it, the characters aren't likeable enough to encourage me to endure the others. There's something about it that leaves a bit of a nasty taste in the mouth. It's like they've watched People Just Do Nothing but swapped out all the characters for cunts.

Quoting myself, I did actually watch the rest of the series as something niggled me to see it through. It did actually get better and although the characters didn't become any more likeable, I did want to see what happened next. It's a binge watch though as I did need a good wash afterwards.

Malcy

Quote from: bomb_dog on August 22, 2018, 09:48:11 PM
Quoting myself, I did actually watch the rest of the series as something niggled me to see it through. It did actually get better and although the characters didn't become any more likeable, I did want to see what happened next. It's a binge watch though as I did need a good wash afterwards.

I didn't like the characters at first but did by the end. I think that was they were going for though. I chose to watch it weekly rather than binge it but wish I had binged it. Took a fair bit of restraint to make it last the 5 weeks rather than watching it in a couple of hours.