Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:55:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Odd members out

Started by BlodwynPig, April 04, 2018, 01:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I saw an ABBA tribute act maybe 20 years ago that had a black Benny Andersson but I can't find a promo pic dammit.

itsfredtitmus

Looking back the black one and camp gay in Hudson-Ford look a bit silly nowadays

Brundle-Fly

An oldie but a goodie. Stick Boz at the back.

Brundle-Fly

gilbertharding

Poor old Jim McGuinn looks a bit of a misfit in this Byrds iteration... sounds it too - that jangly Rickenbacker raga sounds a bit forced yesterday compared to the mental B-Bendering going on in the rest of the band.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Course Sly and family did a Cool Notes with not one but TWO white blokes and that seemed to work for some reason

boki

Despite Rick Nielsen's best efforts, it always used to be Bun E Carlos who looked like he was somebody's uncle helping out for a bit:

Of course, these days they all look like they belong in a band together.

boki

Quote from: Jockice on April 04, 2018, 02:40:01 PM
Graem Duffin from Wet Wet Wet. About a decade older than the rest, never appears in the photos or is quoted in interviews.  But plays most of their guitar.

That Scots Pop bombshell has just reminded me of Metal Bloke from yer Del Amitri

I bet there's blood shed if Just Like A Man gets left off the setlist.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

The ginger one from Girls Aloud always looked like she had no idea what she was doing there.

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on April 04, 2018, 04:49:16 PM
Course Sly and family did a Cool Notes with not one but TWO white blokes and that seemed to work for some reason

The one on the bottom right doesn't even appear to be in the right era. He looks like he should be part of some second tier Madchester band.

Mr Banlon

Heatwave had a bloke who looked like Phil 'The Power' Taylor on drums.
https://youtu.be/Y8Rg85ZqK0o?t=97

boki

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on April 04, 2018, 05:16:24 PM
The ginger one from Girls Aloud always looked like she had no idea what she was doing there.

[insert potentially-libelous joke about pop svengali HERE]

ollyboro

Jim Somethingorother, from the Corrs.

boki

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 04, 2018, 01:23:46 PM
The odd one out in def leppard is the drummer because he has fewer arms.

Y'say that, but he subscribed to the poodle-rock aesthetic more than Phil 'Rammstein's Dad' Collen did.

alan nagsworth

The old fucker, who turned out to be the singer's dad or whatever. I dunno, they're shite anyway.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on April 04, 2018, 04:49:16 PM

Re: Sly and the Family Stone, this is unrelated but if you go to their wikipedia page and roll the cursor over the main picture of the band, this alt text appears:

QuoteSeven young adults in garish clothes and hair. The most prominent is a black man in a vest with chains; he wears a large afro with sideburns, and looks with narrowed eyes and closed mouth at the camera. A black woman is in a platinum blonde wig and black dress. A white man with red hair wears a leopard print shirt and pants. There are two other black men, also in afros, another white man, with a short beard and glasses, and another black woman.

Which is what the band should have called themselves

Johnny Yesno

Johnny Yesno

[tag]Revco leave thread feeling unwanted[/tag]

spamwangler

Quote from: gilbertharding on April 04, 2018, 04:20:57 PM

Poor old Jim McGuinn looks a bit of a misfit in this Byrds iteration... sounds it too - that jangly Rickenbacker raga sounds a bit forced yesterday compared to the mental B-Bendering going on in the rest of the band.

daniel day lewis looking fierce there

Ferris

Quote from: alan nagsworth on April 04, 2018, 08:48:21 PM

The old fucker, who turned out to be the singer's dad or whatever. I dunno, they're shite anyway.

Mystery Jets are well good. Are you mental.

Did a gig supporting them yonks ago, they were well fun

phantom_power

That isn't them though surely? The ones at the front are about 12

phantom_power

Quote from: Special K on April 04, 2018, 06:18:17 PM
Look at these jokers

Which is the odd one out there? Is it the young Helen Daniels?

Icehaven

Me, twice. I'm between 6 and 13 years older than my bandmates in one band, and 13 and 17 years younger in the other, and the only female in both too at the moment. I recognise those photos where odd man out is placed suspiciously far over to one side very well.

Jockice

Quote from: Neomod on April 05, 2018, 11:16:08 AM

There was a similar lockless member in Dead Or Alive circa the same time as King.

Doomy Dwyer

But aren't we all, in some way, the odd one out, yeah?

Think about it.

Brundle-Fly

DrGreggles