Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:07:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Darkcore Gabber Techno and other dodgy music

Started by Dangermouse, February 20, 2004, 03:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dangermouse

Is gabber techno just wrong?

If so why do I listen to so much of it especially as my main music of choice is Acid Jazz or the real R'n'B like leadbelly. Could it be the cheesy samples and plain silly-ness?

If you don't know what it's about check here:
http://www.housenationradio.com

Anyone else listen to bizarre forms of music that you probably shouldn't?

TOCMFIC

I have some darkcore stuff. I like putting it on when I'm really pissed off because it's totally mental.

Shipping

Quote from: "Dangermouse"If so why do I listen to so much of it especially as my main music of choice is Acid Jazz

mmm.... brave.

TOCMFIC

Why did you edit your reply? Since if I recall you DID say "Acid Jazz? That's a bit 1990's isn't it?" or words to that effect:)

I did type a reply to your original but post, but decided it was shit (my reply that is) and didn't bother.

Hairy Chin

Well I'm with you on Acid Jazz - I don't care if I'm a decade out of date. I don't know any of you folks, so I don't care what you say or think, so nerh.

And yes, Darkcore - depends how I feel. Usually it's not my bag, but yesterday I stuck the station on you linked to and I had a good half-hour or so listen to it.

I don't mind it, but in moderation!

ClaudiusMaximus

I like a bit of gabber/darkcore/hardacidtechno etc every now and again, was a regular weekly thing for me when Energy FM was on the airwaves in south London about 12 years ago.  The energy and the strange noises got inside me, it felt exciting and raw and alive.  It's what got me into writing music in part, I wanted to try and capture how it made me feel and put my own spin on it.

Cheers for the link, it's been a while since I've listened to any of this kind of stuff, it's brought back happy memories.