Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:28:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cunk on Britain [split topic]

Started by sevendaughters, April 04, 2018, 06:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesusAndYourBush

I didn't spot any clumsy/grating phrases in last nights show.  It would have been almost perfect without bloody Brush Strokes yet again.

Hecate

I always saw Cunk and Shitpeas as dull filler material, lazy shit that wrote itself.

In 2016 Brooker tweeted - https://twitter.com/charltonbrooker/status/808604844110057472

QuoteWe're breaking the back of the 2016 Wipe edit. Current rough cut is over 90m long though - we have to squish it into 60.

There was still a good 10 minutes of cunk and shitpeas in the final edit, so maybe I was wrong.

I'm not sure what was cut, but in 2017 the yearly wipe was ditched altogether, apparently Brooker didn't have time to write it due to other commitments.
Despite those commitments, 6 half hour episodes of Cunk were shat out regardless.

I was searching for something on Noel Edmonds just before and stumbled on this - http://is-a-cunt.com/2018/05/philomena-cunk/

It's a very weird, pro brexit rant. Does anyone know that site, is that normal behaviour for them?

My eyebrow shot up at

QuoteFor a while it's amusing, although titillating rather than funny

There's a wonderful reply further down the page where Brooker is confused with Charlie Boorman. I did search for Richard Herring just to make sure it wasn't some big ironic in-joke, someone complaining that he wasn't a biker at all! There is a post about herring but there are no replies, either people don't know who he is or don't think he's worth a "cunting".

QuoteCan't stand Charlie Brooker, his writings or his programmes. His humour is puerile, his wit only 50% and he has a ridiculously high PC quotient. I first heard of the cunt when he motorbiked in Asia with that other cunt, Ewan McGregor. Thought he might be okay, being a biker, but he turned out to be a cunt who happened to have a motorbike. Hope his next shite is a large hedgehog.

Against all expectations, they seem very pro Konnie Huq.

i remember Brooker hosting HIGNFY and mindlessly sticking the boot into Corbyn along with everyone else. Is he really such a big threat?

Hecate

Quote from: Panbaams on April 13, 2018, 03:50:54 PM
Cunk writers Jason Hazeley and Joel Morris, and they go into their writing for the character in this series and on the Wipe shows.

Wow. Cunk had two other writers?
I wonder what those other commitments were, looking after 2 vulnerable adults?